Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Silola please please please finish the script version. Cant use this as an addon...no one wants to load it. Ill give you a cookie!!!!!

Maybe it´s time for a little community workshop :notify:

Comparing the contents of the extracted dac_source.pbo with A1 script version reveals that there a basically no differences between the two. Only some addon-form relevant files that i´m sure don´t matter for a script version, so can be deleted, and DAC_Config_Creator.sqf which would need to be moved from DAC_Source\Configs to DAC_Source\ in order to make it look like the A1 version.

dacdacdacdac.jpg

But something is still missing, just can´t point my finger at it :confused:

I searched but could not find answer, when I ad trucks (V35) one only a couple of soldiers sit in the back. What should you do where they have full squad in the back?

Applogies this has been asked before.

What you can do is increase the likely number of units for that squad. In DAC_Config_Creator.sqf there is this segment:

DAC_AI_Count_Level  = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,8],[2,12],[5,0]]

which means size 1 will give you between 2 and 4 units, size 2 will give you between 2 and 6 units, etc. Size 5 will give you exactly 5 units. So you can add your own array for a different value and use it as size 6. So you could have something like

[8,12]

which will give you between 8 and 12 units, enough to reasonably fill a V35 even at its lowest randomisation.

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone is available to help me with page 21 of the readme regarding DAC-Zones being created mid mission.

I have successfully began developing a real time script suite for use with DAC (that goes inside the mission pbo) which gives designated players (designed for admins) the ability to spawn in Infantry / Wheeled / Armoured zones on the fly.

The only issue I'm having the moment is that the zones will not create on a dedicated server... on local machine and local server the script works great, but I get no functionality on the dedicated server even though im running scripts from inside the mission.pbo.

If anyone can offer some help it will be great so that I can get the tool out into the community.

Rob

What you can do is increase the likely number of units for that squad. In DAC_Config_Creator.sqf there is this segment:

DAC_AI_Count_Level  = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,8],[2,12],[5,0]]

which means size 1 will give you between 2 and 4 units, size 2 will give you between 2 and 6 units, etc. Size 5 will give you exactly 5 units. So you can add your own array for a different value and use it as size 6. So you could have something like

[8,12]

which will give you between 8 and 12 units, enough to reasonably fill a V35 even at its lowest randomisation.

Thanks DMarkwick, now it works like a charm! :)

Hi,

sorry for my late reaction, but real life is sometimes very hard :(

Today I released the latest version of DAC, which contains only minimal changes.

The main reason for today's release is the script version of the DAC.

Due to lack of time I could not test this version consistently, but I hope that this version is stable.

Below the link to the new version. The link in the first post I have also changed accordingly.

http://india784.server4you.de/dac/DAC_V3_b.rar

I hope I will soon have more time to be able to answer all your questions about DAC.

Good Luck ;)

Greedings from Germany

Silola

Nice one Silola :) congratulations on the release.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Silola - just to save me some time, have any of the config files changed or can I use the previous ones (which I've modified)?

Great to see the script version being released Silola as had some great fun using DAC previously and have been waiting for the scripts as didn't want to use the addon version.

Has the sounds been fixed in this version, as I keep getting errors during missions with DAC V3.0 that c046 and c091 sounds not found.

Are there any other changes except for the inclusion of a script version ?

Hi Silola :) as well as my previous question, there's something I'd like to clear up - the object zone config options, is there one of the settings that specify terrain slope? I can see descriptions that sound like object inclination etc, and one that might be object inclination aligned to terrain, but I'd like to clear it up once and for all :) some of the ruin objects don't look too great when on a steep slope, and I'm trying to find a way to prevent just those objects from spawning on slopes according to some setting.

Hi :)

Thanks for the comments.

Silola - just to save me some time, have any of the config files changed or can I use the previous ones (which I've modified)?

I think u can use the previous ones.

Has the sounds been fixed in this version, as I keep getting errors during missions with DAC V3.0 that c046 and c091 sounds not found.

These sound files are from the extended sound.pbo. So, I am a bit irritated by this error.

Do u use the extended sound.pbo (with extra radio sounds)?

Are there any other changes except for the inclusion of a script version ?

There are only minor changes, which are not relevant.

Hi Silola as well as my previous question, there's something I'd like to clear up - the object zone config options, is there one of the settings that specify terrain slope? I can see descriptions that sound like object inclination etc, and one that might be object inclination aligned to terrain, but I'd like to clear it up once and for all some of the ruin objects don't look too great when on a steep slope, and I'm trying to find a way to prevent just those objects from spawning on slopes according to some setting.

Mate, to give u a correct answer, I need to check this behaviour first ;)

Greeting

Silola

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Hi again,

Does the civilians cover themselves with smoke like in the previous script-version or do you found a way to solve this?

Sorry Mike, since I had very little time left, I could not implement such changes. But I work out a solution for you, ok?

Greeting

Silola

Edited by Silola

and please work out the sector fight example?^^ nice script version thx very much

...I can remember very weak. There was something to do for you :rolleyes:

Sorry, but give me a little bit time.

Hi,

sorry for my late reaction, but real life is sometimes very hard :(

Today I released the latest version of DAC, which contains only minimal changes.

The main reason for today's release is the script version of the DAC.

Due to lack of time I could not test this version consistently, but I hope that this version is stable.

Below the link to the new version. The link in the first post I have also changed accordingly.

I hope I will soon have more time to be able to answer all your questions about DAC.

Good Luck ;)

Greedings from Germany

Silola

Thank you my friend. I always appreciate your work.

These sound files are from the extended sound.pbo. So, I am a bit irritated by this error.

Do u use the extended sound.pbo (with extra radio sounds)?

We only use the Sounds from the Sound.pbo that came with DAC V3.0 , i noticed in the readme of this version that we could PM you with a request for a bigger Sound.pbo which i take it contains all the sounds needed ?

I have sent you a PM requesting this but as yet have had no reply from you. If you could send me over the full Sound.pbo pack i would be most grateful.

Also the work you have done with this MOD is truly a stroke of Genius and has made our clan missions so much better, so thank you for all your hard work.

If i was to have one criticism it is that when you build a mission using DAC if you have placed down more than 10 zones it takes DAC a long time to finish initiating them and causes quite a bit of desync whilst its working.

However, we are looking at a way where we can build a mission that starts with just two or three zones on the map and then during the mission we call for a script that creates and spawns zones where and when we need them.

This would then solve the issue of DAC taking a while to complete its work and cause less desync in the mission.

Is it possible to just give us all a Download Link for the extended Sound.pbo?

Thanks

Sorry Mike, since I had very little time left, I could not implement such changes. But I work out a solution for you, ok?

Greeting

Silola

That sounds great! :yay: Hope youre doing well my friend and found enough time to check things in real life... ;)

Greetings,

Mike