Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi Silola,

Yes removing the "-mod=@DAC" results in no problems with OA.

Im thinking its just a prob with the beta maybe?

Steven.

Hi :)

Sorry Undeceived, but did you read the readme? Page 25?

And you have looked at the demo: #D_12_DAC_insert_into_dac.utes

YES :) I read the readme and also looked at your demo mission before I wrote in here. :)

Both however didn't help me because I was unsure about the "= group this" thingy and because in your demo the groups are picked by mouse clicks, not by definitions like the group_one = group this...

And they didn't help because I had a mistake somewhere else! ;) So sorry, it was my fault.

Your script worked out, thank you very much, man!! :yay: I don't know why the readme code didn't work (yes, I tried it also with the "false" instead of the "0"), I cannot find and reproduce the mistake I had somewhere which prevented it from working... But the important thing is that thanks to your support I found these mistakes and cleared them and then your solution worked.

Thanks, Silola. Your support is perfect.

Is there maybe also a solution for my first question? There is nothing in the Behaviour script that looks relevant to it...

Is there a way to have influence on the setunitpos of the AI? E.g. prevent them to kneel?

Beside the question in my last post, another question came up...

Is it possible to check how many WPs are left to be used by the AI in a zone?

Thank you, Silola / guys!

I've added the latest version to our Community YAS Repo...

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after you update.

Hehe...you are right. It's better to use a neutral behaviour script for the civis.

I think I can build in such a script for the next version (pbo and script version).

Hi Silola.

Any news regarding the new version with new configs for civilians (not throwing smoke grenades anymore)?

Hi :)

Sorry MadMike and all.

You have to wait some more days :(

I'm currently heavy busy with some RL things.

Sorry again.

Bye

Silola

pffft Real life... you gotta be kidding me. Anyone who plays these games gets hooked to the ArmA Crack. No excuses Silola hahaha.

Hopefully we can see these updates soon and have them in a script format and addon format.

Quick Q pls :D

Just wondering if theres any way to randomly spawn the likes of ammo crates using DAC? Ive tried the object creator but it only seems to work with map objects? Ive also tried to do it through zone creator but had no luck/ Would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction?

Tah in adv.

Hi b0b, you may have some luck using the unit-configs and using the DAC_Extern. Specifying ammo crates in a camp situation as an object there, putting it in a separate camp configuration so that things don't spawn there, just the ammo crate?

It may not work, but in theory that's what I would try as you can already spawn ammo crates there for either faction etc.

Good luck, if my idea doesn't work, I apologise and hope someone else can give you more insight.

Regards,

Austin.

Quick Q pls :D

Just wondering if theres any way to randomly spawn the likes of ammo crates using DAC? Ive tried the object creator but it only seems to work with map objects? Ive also tried to do it through zone creator but had no luck/ Would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction?

Tah in adv.

Add/replace one of the DAC_Config_Object entries with this definition:

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
case 15:
{
	_Object_Pool =	[
						[12,1],
						["USBasicAmmunitionBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["USLaunchersBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["USOrdnanceBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["USBasicWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["USSpecialWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["USVehicleBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RUBasicAmmunitionBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RULaunchersBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RUOrdnanceBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RUBasicWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RUSpecialWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["RUVehicleBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["LocalBasicAmmunitionBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["LocalBasicWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["GuerillaCacheBox",1,0,0,0,0,""],
						["SpecialWeaponsBox",1,0,0,0,0,""]
					];
};
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks that did the trick!..,After much frustration trying to get this to work, i found out i was missing something stupid like a ";" on the config objects now it works fine :D

All i have to do now is somehow find out how to deactivate ( or move to a new location ) object zone after the ammo boxes+other objects etc have been destroyed ( + give hint ).

Im noob at this sort of stuff the whole scripting thing just warps my brain. Could anyone give me a pointer? Im not looking to have it done for me, im not beyond figuring stuff out its just that i havent got the head for all this :;[parameters] stuff but im muddling through thanks to you guys. I just need pointing in the right direction thnx.

Ive tried the !alive thing but when DAC objects are randomly generated they dont appear to have names i can reference them with to check if they are alive.... am i even making sense? lol

Edited by b0b

I don't know that an object zone requires deactivation, I think it's literally just an object placement algorithm that places objects then simply stops. I mean, I've had object zones that don't place objects until a trigger is tripped, but I don't think that deactivation of an object zone means anything.

I don't know that an object zone requires deactivation, I think it's literally just an object placement algorithm that places objects then simply stops. I mean, I've had object zones that don't place objects until a trigger is tripped, but I don't think that deactivation of an object zone means anything.

Thanks for that,typical of me to be chasing something that doesnt matter :D

Now i just have to find out how to trigger a hint (+move an obj zone to a new location), after checking if the object zone is clear from randomly placed items. Triggering a hint on an empty object zone? Like i said, i tried to use !alive but i believe it requires names on the objects which i cant find as the objects are randomly generated. I know im missing something noobish here im so close but i cant quite smell it lol.

thnx for your patience anyhow, this is painful for me hehe :D

Hmm interesting idea :)

The objects are placed randomly, but the number of objects can be defined exactly. So you could use a game logic to define a variable (say Number_Of_Ammo_Boxes = 20) then in the DAC_Config_Objects file add code that adds a killed event handler or some other code (I don't know that objects can be "killed" ;)) similar to this example of my own that adds smoke to HMMVWeck objects:

case 15:
{
	_Object_Pool =	[
						[12,5],
						["HMMWVWreck",6,0,0,0,0,"nul = [_obj,(random 10),((random 700) + 700),100,time,1] execVM ""JTD_FireAndSmoke\Scripts\SmokeMain.sqf"""],
						["BMP2Wreck",3,0,0.2,1.5,0,""],
						["UH1Wreck",3,0,0.2,2,0,""],

and the killed event can reduce the variable Number_Of_Ammo_Boxes and when it reaches 0 then trigger the next action.

Something like that :)

As the randomly generated objects are spawned, can you add them to a global array? Then, have a background script run periodically and check each of the elements of the array for alive-ness, or add a killed eh to it. Either way, remove that object from the array, then check if the array count is zero. When it reaches zero, do the hinting/moving?

Really just a variation of DM's. :)

Edit:

If you have the center of the zone, perhaps use nearestObjects with the ammobox class to return the array of nearby boxes - with sufficient radius to cover the spawn zone. If the array count is 0, then do the hinting?

Edited by TRexian

Thnx for the replies..., even though they made my nose bleed :P

I will hack away at it till i get there hopefully. I have a direction now, thanks again.

Hey ive been away for quite some time and first things first come to this thread to see a lot of pages! Just a quick query did the script version get made yet? or still in the making? :)

have a nice day matt!

Hey ive been away for quite some time and first things first come to this thread to see a lot of pages! Just a quick query did the script version get made yet? or still in the making? :)

have a nice day matt!

not yet.. working on it

After some time (holliday and a few jobs) I continued to work on my mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99753&page=30) and I cant see anything wrong in the script-calls. I made a small mission to make it more simple and it seems like 'exact respawn' doesnt work when WP-only zones are involved (here is the mission if you like to have a look? http://rapidshare.com/files/415116515/dac_exact_respawn_try.Chernarus.zip)

If its a bug or a feature not implemented I dont know, all I hope for is that I'm missing something (or you to come up with a solution..;)). I think I can work around this so it shouldnt be a show-stopper for me, but I wanted you to know what I found out.

While I'm at it; could you add all BIS arty shells to the DAC arty? Right now illumination rounds and smoke doesnt work ('smokeshell' doesnt do it for me :p).

I sincerely hope that Im not de-motivating you..

Edit: Ok, I have to investigate more.. I cannot even do the most basic exact respawn so it must be something wrong on my part. I cant see anything wrong with my scriptcalls but as your example mission is working it must be me...

edit again:

Ok, can anyone have a look at this small mission and see what I have done wrong please?

http://rapidshare.com/files/415214771/dac_exact_respawn.Chernarus.zip

You can delete groups by clicking on them while in map. If you just delete groups randomly from both zones sooner or later you will see them respawn in the wrong camp (atleast on my comp..).

I'm totally stuck until I can get this working and I been changing the example mission and tried so many different things and all I get is exact respawn from Silolas example mission (and iterations) while my attempts sooner or later respawns globally. I'm going mental over this.

Anyone help please..

Edited by andersson
going mental

This tool is simply amazing. Thanks alot Silola :yay:.

I don't think I'll ever make another mission without it.

Question: I'm facing a bit of a problem in my mission. The player starts at a friendly town with a large force and beggins to assualt inland, easily defeating the much weaker and poorly equipped enemy force. But just as he feels all is well, a large enemy force made up of 18 groups attacks from behind and captures all three friendly towns while the player is away. Every time a town is captured, they assign 3 groups to patrol it and the remaining 9 groups head off to flank the player's force. I want to integrate the 3 groups in each town into a predifined DAC zone, so that they patrol randomly. I tried to use the following trigger: Activation: OPFOR, not present/ condition: this/ on Activation: [grp1,1,[z1],10,1,1,[1,1,1],0,0] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup (one trigger for every group. But this doesn't work (the game won't allow me to creat the trigger) :(. Can you please help? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob.

Thanks

YES YES OH-YES!!!! :yay:

Regarding me going mental and couldnt see any difference; I finally found the problem!! It was on my end and everything is working just fine :p

[size=4][size=7][size=2]DAC_AI_Spawn        = [[10,5,5],[10,5,15],[b]1[/b],0,250,0][/size][/size][/size]

Its nothing about this in the chapter "# Connect camps with zones", but I found it while reading the readme once more really thorough :cool:

Hi,

I´ve got the following Problem:

I generated a Spawn Zone and want to release the Groups from that zone from DAC. What kind of syntax do I have to use in the "condition" of a trigger to check that the Spawnzone "z1" has finished spawning units?

In the "on activation" of the SpawnZone Trigger I wrote:

fun=["z1",[1,1,0],["20",4,10,4,"cg1"],[],[],[],[0,9,4,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

It is later activated via trigger with:

[z1] call DAC_Activate;

I created a Trigger to release the Group wit the following in the "on activation" field:

{[_x] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup} forEach cg1;

for this Trigger I need to check if the spawning of the Units is done.

Can You please help?

Thank you.

Can some explain to me the meaning behind the enemy radio chatter? Like 1000m > P or 1000m > T something like that?

Is it possible to have each DAC zone initialize depending on the distance of the player from it ?