Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

so..... has anyone attempted to 'fix up' DAC for Arma 3 yet? :p As far as I can tell most of the issues stem from a few things:

- using debug markers (ie: DAC_Config_Marker > 0) throws a lot of errors

- A3 doesn't like the list of playable units (undeclared variables) and will spit out errors every second or two - if you are using DAC for object generation only you do not get these errors

Hi.

Anyone knows if authorized to use the script in other games like Iron Front?

Thanks in advance.

In your DAC folder there will be a file called DAC_Config_Creator.sqf

Open that up and look for a value Dyn_weather (or something like it... at work so can't check) - change the first value (300) to 0 to disable the weather (300 = 300 seconds.. you can set it longer if you want more time before the weather changes)

Sure this is old but I needed to say BIG THANKS SavageCDN.

This really helped us out.

Props to you

Hi.

Anyone knows if authorized to use the script in other games like Iron Front?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that will be a problem although you might want to attempt to contact the author if you plan on releasing missions for IF using DAC.

Note that some DAC stuff doesn't work with IF.. it's been a while since I've played with it but if memory serves respawn camps don't work unless you set them as camp ID 11 (the null camp that is just a spawn point...no objects or AI). There were other issues as well so be advised.. test, test, test ;)

Sure this is old but I needed to say BIG THANKS SavageCDN.

This really helped us out.

Props to you

No problem glad I could help out.

Still hoping someone (more knowledgeable than I) will step up and iron out the problems with DAC in A3 :p

Edited by SavageCDN

SavageCDN, thanks for the aswer.

I´m making a DAC script test mission on Iron Front and already have a working camp with IF objects and enemy AI respawning normally.

I'm trying to make the DAC script work with all of its features for future mission release if the author authorizes me. I´m also waiting for the IF Revival Project release thanks to teh wonderful job of IFR team.

SavageCDN, thanks for the aswer.

I´m making a DAC script test mission on Iron Front and already have a working camp with IF objects and enemy AI respawning normally.

I'm trying to make the DAC script work with all of its features for future mission release if the author authorizes me. I´m also waiting for the IF Revival Project release thanks to teh wonderful job of IFR team.

Interesting.. the problem I ran into with camps was that once a group was killed it would respawn and merge with another group, rather than respawn into a 'new' group. With the DAC markers set to on you can test this as it shows how many units are in each group. I didn't test it much further than that as I kinda lost interest in IF due to all the 'shenanigans'. If you can, post up your working IF DAC configs in the DAC resource thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100617-Dac-custom-config-resource/page8

I have created a zone with civilians, and activated it. Everything went as planned.

But...

When I try to deactivate it, it won't delete units.

I changed the faction and everything worked.

Do anyone have the same problem?

I have not tried this before so I can't say what the expected behaviour is... so it does deactivate the zone but the unit stay? Have you tried deleting the zone and if so do the units stay then?

Yes, indeed. It does deactivate the zone, but there is no effect on the civilian units. I have not tried deleting the zone, because I need to keep it.

The code for the zone:

fun=["Hadassah",[5,1,0],[10,1,40,4],[],[],[],[3,16,3,0,2]] spawn DAC_Zone;

And the codes for the activation and deactivation:

[Hadassah] call DAC_Deactivate;

[Hadassah] call DAC_Activate;

Try it for yourself :P

I can't solve that. There is no sign of script error. Like something's missing.

//EDIT

GREAT script by the way :) Allows me to populate whole map with civilians, every village. But... there is this one little problem :)

Edited by Nextor

Your zone stuff looks fine.. have you tried starting the zone activated then de-activate it later? Do the units get deleted then? Also try removing the last 2 (waypoint config) from your zone code

[3,16,3,0,2]] spawn DAC_Zone

just to test.

I asked about deleting the zone just as a test to see if the behaviour was different than deactivating.

It's possible it's a bug with DAC and using Civilians....

I have played with side, unit type and behaviour.

fun=["Hadassah",[5,1,0],[10,1,40,4],[],[],[],[1,16,3,0,2]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Works perfectly. Resistance side zone works as well.

While...

fun=["Hadassah",[5,1,0],[10,1,40,4],[],[],[],[3,1,1,0,2]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Does not work at all.

Removing waypoint config did not change a thing.

["Hadassah"] call DAC_fDeleteZone;

Does not work. It only removes zone, waypoints etc, but units stay where they were.

I think there is a problem in DAC_Delete_Unit.sqf, but... :)

//EDIT

Can I set resistance to be friendly to everyone ?

I only see three options.

DAC_Res_Side = 1

This variable defines the side which RACS are fighting for.

You must (!) apply the same settings that are givenin the editor.

0= resistance friendly to EAST

1= resistance friendly to WEST

2= resistance friendly to NOBODY

Edited by Nextor

Search on armaholic for DAC. Demo missions are inside DAC_V3_c folder you can download.

@Nextor - I'm guessing that it's some sort of bug when using Civs or like you said in DAC_Delete_Unit.sqf. With regards to sides I'm not sure... try DAC_Res_Side=3 and see if it works :p

@Two Dogs - as Nextor mentioned the download comes with 33 demo missions which show you all the various uses of DAC - highly recommend taking the time to go through them

I've used DAC for years. This thread is so long, I was having trouble figuring out where the A3 discussion started. I saw a some configs in the resource thread, and was hoping someone had a quick and dirty demo that was A3 friendly.

So I'll copy a config and plug it in, see what happens.

Side note:

Any Idea if Silola is working on a A3 version?

Ah OK sorry :p

For A3 it will throw up a bunch of errors at start and every few seconds for each player (s1, s2, etc) that are not in-game. Most of them are undeclared variable type stuff (hopefully someone with knowledge will have a go at fixing it as I don't think Silola is around for an A3 version). You will also need to change the classname from "dot" to "mil_dot" in the DAC_Config_Marker.sqf file (might be other locations too can't recall)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147891-DAC-Arma-3/page2

Edited by SavageCDN

Okay, so I've successfully created my mission to spawn AI when I went them to (as in, the initial spawning of the enemies) however, I want there to be reinforcements to spawn after the first town is cleared. however, from testing the spawning, the next round of AI won't even spawn unless they're included in the original spawning.

Are there any tips or tricks to managing a zone spawning AI after the first DAC spawning?

Are u clearing multiple towns? If so, create spawn zones, deactivated at mission start, for those towns. Create triggers that activate the zones as u need them. This is all explained in the Documentation, so check it out. If you have A2, the demo missions are quite revealing.

Good luck!

Ahh, didn't even consider that as an option - I'm a dunce! Thanks for the help! Will definitely make for better performance.

Okay, so there is another issue I seem to be having. . . in the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf, I have the DAC_Reduce_Value set to [10000,10100,.3] however, the groups are only being built up when I'm (it appears) about 600m away. . . I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, but this doesn't seem correct at all.

Any suggestions?

Hi

Last days i was working on mission for A2 with DAC and i use AI Respawn with camps on 4 zones. 2 zone are use for wave attack on city and 2 others are just some traps with wave reinforcements. All work fine but today i realized that AI Respawn spawn units in camp that don't support that zone. In Readme is written that if i use Linked zone with camp+respawn i need Disable Global Spawn but when i set that number to 1 = disable (?) it's stop respown unit just not working :( Is there any solution to this problem?

Here are zones with camps:

fun = ["z1",[50,0,0],[1,5,20,5],[],[],[],[0,2,1,11,1]] spawn DAC_Zone
fun = ["s1",[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,0,50,0,100,2,[z1]],[0,2,0,11,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

fun = ["O1",[40,1,0],[3,3,3,3],[],[],[],[0,2,1,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone
fun = ["s2",[3,0,0],[],[],[],[1,2,50,0,100,50,[O1]],[0,2,1,11,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

DAC_AI_Spawn		= [[5,10,0],[10,5,15],1,120,250,1]	

and sorry for my English :(

Edited by akievans

So far I love the script setup, its just, could there be a way so that players who are newer to scripts and such would have an easier time setting this up? A video tutorial on difficult areas such as artillery perhaps?

I highly doubt Silola is going to create some videos for and older version of DAC... there are quite a few youtube videos already.. google this:

site:youtube.com arma dac tutorial

Also the demo missions are quite helpful if you haven't tried them... pretty sure there is one for DAC Artillery. Failing that just post up any issues here.

anyone experience game lag when spawning units with latest 1.63 OA/CO patch?