Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

I've tried DAC in Arma 3 Alpha and it seems to be working :)

Here's a quick units config I've made (paste to DAC_Config_Units.sqf):

// REDFOR (A3)
 case 0:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["O_Soldier_F","O_Helipilot_F","O_Soldier_SL_F","O_soldier_AR_F","O_soldier_AR_F","O_soldier_exp_F","O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_M_F","O_medic_F","O_soldier_repair_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_F","O_soldier_LAT_F","O_soldier_LAT_F","O_soldier_lite_F","O_soldier_TL_F","O_soldier_TL_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["O_Galkin_F","O_Galkin_GMG_F","O_Galkin_MG_F","O_Quadbike_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["O_Ka60_F","O_Ka60_Unarmed_F"];
 };
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// BLUFOR (A3)
 case 1:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["B_Soldier_F","B_Helipilot_F","B_Soldier_SL_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_exp_F","B_soldier_GL_F","B_soldier_GL_F","B_soldier_M_F","B_medic_F","B_soldier_repair_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_F","B_soldier_LAT_F","B_soldier_LAT_F","B_soldier_lite_F","B_soldier_TL_F","B_soldier_TL_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["B_Hunter_F","B_Hunter_RCWS_F","B_Hunter_HMG_F","B_Quadbike_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["B_AH9_F","B_MH9_F"];
 };
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Civilians (A3)
 case 2:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["C_man_1","C_man_1","C_man_1","C_man_polo_1_F","C_man_polo_2_F","C_man_polo_3_F","C_man_polo_4_F","C_man_polo_5_F","C_man_polo_6_F","C_man_1_1_F","C_man_1_2_F","C_man_1_3_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["c_offroad"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [];
 };

I've tried DAC in Arma 3 Alpha and it seems to be working :)

Great news :)

Just 5 infantry groups + 5 vehicle groups on both sides completely destroys my FPS though. :(

Yeah it does seem to work somewhat.. problems I've noticed so far:

- markers don't work properly (classname for mildot or something has changed) in debug mode

** find and replace 'dot' with 'mildot' in the DAC folder **

- respawn camps don't seem to work for me.. even tried confg 11 (one with no objects just spawn logic)

Low FPS I think is not specific to DAC it seems to be bad without it as well :)

Thanks for the config szarki!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147891-DAC-Arma-3

Edited by SavageCDN

I was having same problem as you but managed to resolve it by changing DAC_Marker =0; located DAC_Config_Creator.sqf

I have amended the look of the DAC shown here to say now compatible with Arma 3 Alpha

2013-03-10_00003_zps58b88cd2.jpg

Edited by Jetkar

How can i turn off reduce of dead bodys and vehicles of destroyed squads?

Just go for the readme there is all explained you should find it in "creator.sqf"

DAC_Delete_Value = [

[120,150],[140,150],300

]

This array defines the removal of dead units and de

stroyed vehicles. You can either use only one param

ter

or combine both: [

] = only time is checked, [

] = only distance is checked, [

] = time first, then distance

. Time (in sec.) + minimum distance to all player

units before dead units get deleted

. Time (in sec.) + minimum distance to all player

units before destroyed vehicles get deleted

. Time in seconds, until an empty vehicle without a

membership is destroyed (so that it can be deleted

later)

This is it, but how can i shut it down?

DAC_Reduce_Value = [600,650,0.1]

And this parametr i think also must be turned off. How can i turn it off and where i must write this commands?

Edited by Temon
new information

Again read the readme first

Second search for DAC_Delete_Value

Silola has done a readme with nearly NO questions unanswered

No more DAC_Delete_Value in readme found, just explained how to use it, but nothing about turn off. Maybe i don't understand something , can you just tell me what type of command and where i must write it.

DAC_Reduce_Value = 0

DAC_Delete_Value = 0

Something like this? I don't know....

DAC_Reduce_Value = [600,650,0]

You have two options - set the 3rd value to 0 or make the reduce distances much greater than your mission ie [9000, 9050, 0.3]

Hello guys!

Hope, someone is still reading this thread. I have a very strange problem with dac. As all of you now, DAC supports respawn via DAC-camps, which mean, i have to install at least one camp to use this feature. So thats no problem, i created 4 camps and they are working. My problem is: they are not respawning! After 6 hours of problem-finding, i figured out, that the problem is the description.ext. Whenever there is an entry like respawn = "BASE", DAC will not respawn own troops in DAC-Camps. If I delete the respawn in the description.ext, respawn in camps word. Is there any solution for this problem, cause i cannot think that noone uses DAC in MP with respawn....

I also tried the method with a game logic and "DAC_Pos_E" ans name. No effect. I dont know any further...

James;2384943']Hello guys!

Hope' date=' someone is still reading this thread. I have a very strange problem with dac. As all of you now, DAC supports respawn via DAC-camps, which mean, i have to install at least one camp to use this feature. So thats no problem, i created 4 camps and they are working. My problem is: they are not respawning! After 6 hours of problem-finding, i figured out, that the problem is the description.ext. Whenever there is an entry like respawn = "BASE", DAC will not respawn own troops in DAC-Camps. If I delete the respawn in the description.ext, respawn in camps word. Is there any solution for this problem, cause i cannot think that noone uses DAC in MP with respawn....

I also tried the method with a game logic and "DAC_Pos_E" ans name. No effect. I dont know any further...[/quote']

I have never encountered this problem and I've used DAC with MP respawn "BASE" missions. Can you post up your DAC_Config_Creator.sqf and the init lines you are using in the DAC triggers?

I'm using DAC v2.0 with Arma1. (Old PC.) I'm light on scripting knowledge, but I would like to incorporate the mid-mission zone create and delete functionality of v3.0 into v2.0. Specifically, I'm looking at the DAC_fNewZone and DAC_fDeleteZone features of v3.

Is that possible/practical to port those features for use in the A1 DAC?

Edited by FuzzyD

Do´s anybody have Silola´s special sound.pbo with the radio sounds in it?

Ore were can i download it?

Silola had send me the pbo. thank you, Silola! :cool:

Edited by Hptm.Steiner

hello how can i disable smoke for dac ai units,vihecle? THX

The other thing I would like to have improved is the arty-shells. I would like to be able to use BIS arty shells. That way I could use proper smoke and illumination aswell :)

TOPIC: DAC Arti: How to Use Smoke and Illum Rounds?

I am loving DAC. While I can read through the configs, and edit them pretty well now, I am having trouble with the arti support.

I am inside the DAC_config_arti file. I am looking at _Set3, which should control the type of unit fired, and the type of ammo used. I am replacing the starting ammo “Sh_122_HE†in Set3 with either “ARTY_Sh_122_SMOKE†or“ARTY_Sh_122_ILLUM.†I am leaving the default arti gun (D30.) Both ammo types fall within the D30’s arty ammo types listed in its class list. Neither work.

When I leave it on default round, Sh_122_HE, it works. (the AI spots the target, rounds are fired, hit target, cause explosions and death, etc.)

But when I try to change it to another type of ammo, such as illumination or smoke, it fails. When I say fails I mean, the AI successfully target the enemy, and the rounds are fire. At the impact site I do hear an explosion as if arti is striking something. However, I see no explosion, no smoke, and no illumination.

I am replacing the starting ammo “Sh_122_HE†in Set3 with either “ARTY_Sh_122_SMOKE†or “ARTY_Sh_122_ILLUM.†Both fall within the D_30’s arty ammo types. Neither work, that is both encounter the problem described above. (Only sound of explosion, no explosion.)

I believe this issue was previously brought up in post 445 (andersson, quoted above), and post 449 (siloa). However it was never answered, at least not that I could find.

My only theory is that DAC uses the basic ammo of the weapon, hence class name Sh_122_HE, the default direct fire ammo of the D_30, works, but the “ARTY_†type ammos (such as smoke and illum) do not work with DAC. This appears to be what ANdersson thought as well.

Maybe there is some way to unload the basic starting ammo (HE) and reload the weapons with a different ammo (the BIS_arty ammo)?

Or maybe just use another firing platform with smoke launcher mag (such as BMP2_INS) which has smoke as a basic (nonarty) ammo type? But then how do I get a range of 2-3 km? Does DAC automatically modify the range based on the setting in art_config _set10? (So even a if the range is normally toolow, it owuld be changed to whatver it had to be for set10?) And even this works, it does not help with flares...

Core Question: Has anyone been able to get DAC to use smoke or illum arti from either D30/M119, or some sort of mortar? If so, how? Alternatively, any other way to get DAC to do long range smoke or flares?

Thanks!

Garthra

Edited by Garthra

Forgive my ignorance, but where is the download for this? The one on the first page gives me a page not found error.

Never mind found it here

Question (may have asked it before but ran into the problem again recently):

I can't seem to figure out something that has been bugging me for a while with DAC. Whenever I have 2 sides using DAC (east and west), and both are using respawn camps, it screws up. I can't remember if I'm also moving any DAC zones post-init but possibly.

What happens is that after a group is eliminated it will respawn at the camp... however it respawns not as it's own group but into another existing DAC group (same side). This effect snowballs and I've seen DAC groups with > 100 units in them after a while (at least that's what the DAC_Marker is showing on the map). Now I've actually confirmed that this group does not in fact have 100 units (teleport near it and visually confirm size). I assume DAC is still spawning in new groups however it is very difficult to troubleshoot with map markers that either 1: don't exist for that group or 2: aren't showing the actual # of units in that group.

Has anyone seen this before?? Please say yes or I'll think I'm losing it :p

The first few times I ran into this I assumed it was my in-experience using DAC or scripting in general but now I'm sure it's nothing I'm doing wrong...

This is a major issue with this script. I love this script but after a while running the script in a long coop MP mission this does happen and it starts to lag the mission real bad. Has anyone find any the reason why or a fix to this major issue. I love this script to bad Silola has stop playing this game or supporting his work for DAC. I am glad to hear that DAC is somewhat working nice with ARMA3 but Bohemia should have made a simple code (module) like this script for ARMA3. Any help would be great. I have been working on a domination like mission using DAC and some other support scripts to port over to ARMA3 but still have many issues to work out. Any input on this would be great. Avibird

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Question (may have asked it before but ran into the problem again recently):

I can't seem to figure out something that has been bugging me for a while with DAC. Whenever I have 2 sides using DAC (east and west), and both are using respawn camps, it screws up. I can't remember if I'm also moving any DAC zones post-init but possibly.

What happens is that after a group is eliminated it will respawn at the camp... however it respawns not as it's own group but into another existing DAC group (same side). This effect snowballs and I've seen DAC groups with > 100 units in them after a while (at least that's what the DAC_Marker is showing on the map). Now I've actually confirmed that this group does not in fact have 100 units (teleport near it and visually confirm size). I assume DAC is still spawning in new groups however it is very difficult to troubleshoot with map markers that either 1: don't exist for that group or 2: aren't showing the actual # of units in that group.

Has anyone seen this before?? Please say yes or I'll think I'm losing it :p

The first few times I ran into this I assumed it was my in-experience using DAC or scripting in general but now I'm sure it's nothing I'm doing wrong...

After a few hrs test playing with no Tracked vehicles at the camps no issue the respawn snowball issues with the DAC groups going > 100 units per group size at this point. The issue maybe with the code for Tracked vehicles. vehicles and man respawn at different times first the vehicles and then the units. Will report more as I test more. Bohemia please make a simple module for this type of script for ARMA3(:

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I'd be interested to hear the results of your tests as I have not been able to figure out this problem. Are you running DAC with both sides (east, west) with respawn camps?

@Garthra - I have never been able to get the DAC arty to fire anything but the default round although I usually use mortars not artillery pieces

I am using the DAC script with only east camps. 6 large zones with only Infantry and Tracked vehicles. The camp sites are jacked up with defense units. You need a large army to take one of the camps out lol.

The DAC script is part of a Support script That I have been working on for a domination edit that will make a domination mission feel more dynamic.

What I found out is the Wheeled vehicles are the main issue/cause of all the large group numbers that we see after multiple respawns of units as well as major lag in the mission after a few hrs of play. I still see some issues with BPM3 that can carry units other the crew. I still have some issues with Wheeled vehicles symbols on the map ( I don't have any coming from the camps) when I teleport to the location i find only Infantry with added crew members?

Maybe it has to do with the code with Reduce infantry groups. Do you know how to turn off this function?

What I found out is the Wheeled vehicles are the main issue/cause of all the large group numbers that we see after multiple respawns of units as well as major lag in the mission after a few hrs of play. I still see some issues with BPM3 that can carry units other the crew. I still have some issues with Wheeled vehicles symbols on the map ( I don't have any coming from the camps) when I teleport to the location i find only Infantry with added crew members?

Maybe it has to do with the code with Reduce infantry groups. Do you know how to turn off this function?

Interesting... you should try making those zones vehicles ONLY to see if it has any effect. Also how large are your vehicle groups? (ie: [2,4,20,8])

To turn off the reduce function look in DAC_Config_Creator.sqf for:

DAC_Reduce_Value = [600,650,0.3]

I think you set the 3rd value to 0 to disable... or else just make the two distance values very high like [8000,8050,0.03].. might want double check the DAC manual to confirm

edit: what are your cleanup settings (ie: dead body removal for AI and players)? This might have an effect on the "FPS goes to crap after one hour" issue in that DAC is not cleaning up after itself...

edit2: found a post of mine from a while back (page 103):

I'm actually testing DAC in Iron Front to see how it works and I want to have AI artillery strikes available to the units.. but there are issues with respawning using DAC - it does respawn units however adds them to an existing group instead of re-creating the group.. so you eventually end up with one massive group instead of the 6 you started with.

edit: actually the massive group problem only happens when you are respawning different unit types (ie: infantry and vehicles).. if your camp is infantry only it just won't respawn :)

I've actually seen this before with I44 so it must be either something mod-specific or just that DAC hates WW2 stuff :p

Edited by SavageCDN

I don't have any issues with Tracked vehicles only zones! that i can see for now.

here is what my zones look like fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[2,4,50,10],[],[2,4,50,10],[1,4,200,0,100,50],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

it only spawns 24 groups in the mission with 6 camps but I added a shit load of static weapons and extra partol units in the camp groups.

i will try this weekend to see the issue is due to the reduce function.

it was my understanding the script had a cleanup function that work? dead unts and destroyed vehicle seem to get delete from the mission!

I don't have any issues with Tracked vehicles only zones! that i can see for now.

here is what my zones look like fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[2,4,50,10],[],[2,4,50,10],[1,4,200,0,100,50],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

it only spawns 24 groups in the mission with 6 camps but I added a shit load of static weapons and extra partol units in the camp groups.

i will try this weekend to see the issue is due to the reduce function.

it was my understanding the script had a cleanup function that work? dead unts and destroyed vehicle seem to get delete from the mission!

So from the sounds of it something to do with wheeled vehicles...interesting.

Yes DAC has a great cleanup function I was just suggesting to make sure it was turned on :p