Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hello, I have been working with DAC for awhile now and can't seem to find any way to add backpacks to the units that spawn. Do I need to create a "_Backpack_Pool" in the weapons config? Or does anyone know of a script I could use?

Thank you for your time.

I've never tried this myself I'd imagine it won't work for ACE or OA backpacks.. anyone else know?

Hello, I have been working with DAC for awhile now and can't seem to find any way to add backpacks to the units that spawn. Do I need to create a "_Backpack_Pool" in the weapons config? Or does anyone know of a script I could use?

Thank you for your time.

@tvfunhouse:

I have never tried this specific exercise, but in general if you want to manipulate the init for a specific category of units believe you will have to use "DAC-Config_Events" and work out what to enter in the "Create" event. Have a careful read of p50 in the manual.

AIUI, you can enter multiple statements (see the example on p50) where I guess the best solution might be to have separate scripts running on the different types of backpack units (or one script that looks at the unit type; whatever you find easiest) & adds an appropriate backpack, A search of the Editing section should help you if you want non-standard loads in the backpacks (some of the standard ones are pretty useless IMHO). I suspect that multiple complex scripts will slow down the init but you can always display some text describing the mission for players to read while they wait.

Be careful not to try adding backpacks to A2 units - I suspect you'll crash the game, or at least generate a few MB of entries in the RPT :eek:

Edited by Orcinus

Hi everyone, quick question: has anyone run into an issue where DAC spawned vehicles randomly explode? I'm designing a pretty DAC heavy mission, but occasionally 60% of the vehicles will explode at exactly the same time (about 2-5 minutes into the mission). I can't reproduce the problem either so I have no idea what may be causing it.

Hi everyone, quick question: has anyone run into an issue where DAC spawned vehicles randomly explode? I'm designing a pretty DAC heavy mission, but occasionally 60% of the vehicles will explode at exactly the same time (about 2-5 minutes into the mission). I can't reproduce the problem either so I have no idea what may be causing it.

Can't say I've seen that before :p My 1st guess is that your side settings are incorrect ie: you are spawning in Independents but telling DAC they are OPFOR.. other than that not sure. Are you using any custom units or have you modified any of the DAC files?

Can't say I've seen that before :p My 1st guess is that your side settings are incorrect ie: you are spawning in Independents but telling DAC they are OPFOR.. other than that not sure. Are you using any custom units or have you modified any of the DAC files?

I added unit configurations 9 & 10 for Takistani units (Army & INS). I assign both to OPFOR. Here are two examples:

null=["basepatrol",[1,0,0],["8",2,30,10],["3",2,20,10],[2,1,20,10],[ ],[0,9,4,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Unit configuration 9 is Takistan Army units (TK_***_EP1). Behavior 4 is a copy-paste from behavior 1, just some modifications to patrol and building entry values.

null=["bastam3",[8,0,0],["3",1,25,10],[1,1,20,10],[ ],[ ],[0,10,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Unit configuration 10 is Takistan insurgents (TK_INS_***_EP1). And for some reason, I can only get these zones to spawn if CAMP=1, even though there are no camps in this particular mission. (I've tried both 0 and 11, neither work).

I think I see what is happening, unfortunately it doesn't help me figure out why. DAC seems to be spawning empty vehicles in 3s. Then after some short amount of time with no one inside of them they all explode at the same time as can be seen in this lovely Takistani landscape: QbtVcby.jpg

Any idea? This doesn't happen ALL the time...but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The DAC vehicles with people in them are perfectly fine...

this may not be your problem, but you shouldn't have "" around the values in those arrays

this may not be your problem, but you shouldn't have "" around the values in those arrays

No that should be fine... at least for infantry... it's used to spawn in group numbers dynamically based on the # of player units at mission start. You could do a quick test though and remove the "" from the vehicle array to see if that works.

I'm thinking what is happening is related to how DAC fills vehicles with units.. something about it spawning in a vehicle.. filling it up then spawning another vehicle if there are still group members left and cannot fit into the 1st vehicle. Somewhere along the line it's screwing this up and spawning in extra empty vehicles... which then get 'cleaned up' by DAC after a few minutes of sitting idle. Of course this is just a guess :p

No that should be fine... at least for infantry... it's used to spawn in group numbers dynamically based on the # of player units at mission start. You could do a quick test though and remove the "" from the vehicle array to see if that works.

I'm thinking what is happening is related to how DAC fills vehicles with units.. something about it spawning in a vehicle.. filling it up then spawning another vehicle if there are still group members left and cannot fit into the 1st vehicle. Somewhere along the line it's screwing this up and spawning in extra empty vehicles... which then get 'cleaned up' by DAC after a few minutes of sitting idle. Of course this is just a guess :p

Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't; it's like a crap shoot! I may have some "" around vehicle zones, I'll take those out and see if it helps. Thanks!

EDIT: removed the quotes and it made no difference, still flaming cars.

Edited by mons00n

@mons00n: please would you post your zone inits. Entering the wrong combination of config numbers will make the camp guards & artillery attack the supposedly friendly insurgents. Effect varies according the where they actually spawn / which waypoints are assigned from the pool.

@mons00n: please would you post your zone inits. Entering the wrong combination of config numbers will make the camp guards & artillery attack the supposedly friendly insurgents. Effect varies according the where they actually spawn / which waypoints are assigned from the pool.

They're all variations on the post above, the only thing that I change between zones is the unit counts and zone names:

null=["basepatrol",[1,0,0],["8",2,30,10],["3",2,20,10],[2,1,20,10],[ ],[0,9,4,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

null=["bastam3",[8,0,0],["3",1,25,10],[1,1,20,10],[ ],[ ],[0,10,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

And I have no camps nor artillery; it's simply infantry + vehicles. There's no one attacking anyone, it's just empty cars that all blow up at the same time.

And I have no camps nor artillery; it's simply infantry + vehicles. There's no one attacking anyone, it's just empty cars that all blow up at the same time.

Your entries in the last section - default DAC settings are side 0 (east) with camps (0) - you have side (0) with camps (1). This might be fine as long as your camps config has east stuff under (1) but I would check that first and set it to 0 to test (I know you are not using camps but do it anyway).

Your entries in the last section - default DAC settings are side 0 (east) with camps (0) - you have side (0) with camps (1). This might be fine as long as your camps config has east stuff under (1) but I would check that first and set it to 0 to test (I know you are not using camps but do it anyway).

the odd thing is nothing spawns when the last entry is set to 0, no idea why =(

edit: changed camp to 0 and got units to spawn, but the problem still remains. It's always 3,4,or 5 vehicles completely empty - then after a few minutes they all blow up at the same time.

Edited by mons00n

the odd thing is nothing spawns when the last entry is set to 0, no idea why =(

edit: changed camp to 0 and got units to spawn, but the problem still remains. It's always 3,4,or 5 vehicles completely empty - then after a few minutes they all blow up at the same time.

Hmmm... well I believe there are two possibilities:

1- the spawning of extra vehicles which then get cleaned up by DAC... does it actually spawn in your wheeled groups too with units and everything? If you can confirm these groups get spawned in OK despite the exploding vehicles this would eliminate #2:

2- there is a side setting somewhere that is making units attack each other on spawn.. but why just the wheeled units? Are you spawning in Insurgents that are driving Humvees or something? :p

At this point I would almost try reverting back to the DAC defaults (using Russians..[0,0,0,0]) to make sure there isn't some other problem... are you using the script version or mod version?

Sorry, RL matters meant I haven't had time to see if I can replicate this.

Something else to try:

Add a playable civilian (I tend to use a medic) with "this allowdamage false;" in the init

Add "onMapSingleClick "player setpos _pos"; to the init.sqf

Omit the "", ofc.

Place the unit in the area where the vehicles blow up. You can jump around with the single-click teleport & try to determine if there are troops actually attacking the cars. Probably best to set the civ to player rather than playable. I've found this helpful in resolving other issues in DAC / DAC + HAC missions.

Hmmm... well I believe there are two possibilities:

1- the spawning of extra vehicles which then get cleaned up by DAC... does it actually spawn in your wheeled groups too with units and everything? If you can confirm these groups get spawned in OK despite the exploding vehicles this would eliminate #2:

Units do NOT spawn with the vehicles for some reason. If they do...they are disappearing right away and I haven't seen them.

2- there is a side setting somewhere that is making units attack each other on spawn.. but why just the wheeled units? Are you spawning in Insurgents that are driving Humvees or something? :p

There is absolutely no attacking going on. The vehicles all blow up at the exact same moment, nothing is attacking them

At this point I would almost try reverting back to the DAC defaults (using Russians..[0,0,0,0]) to make sure there isn't some other problem... are you using the script version or mod version?

That's a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. I'm using the script version.

Sorry, RL matters meant I haven't had time to see if I can replicate this.

Something else to try:

Add a playable civilian (I tend to use a medic) with "this allowdamage false;" in the init

Add "onMapSingleClick "player setpos _pos"; to the init.sqf

Omit the "", ofc.

Place the unit in the area where the vehicles blow up. You can jump around with the single-click teleport & try to determine if there are troops actually attacking the cars. Probably best to set the civ to player rather than playable. I've found this helpful in resolving other issues in DAC / DAC + HAC missions.

I use MCC_sandbox and immediately hop into the 3D editor over my DAC zones. No units spawn with the vehicles, and no one attacks them. They're just empty groups.

Thanks for the brainstorming everyone, I'll try changing back to russians and report back.

Edited by mons00n

Changed everyone over to Russians....no good =(

O84duZR.jpg

I'm now running all the default scripts with the default behaviors. I'm starting to think it's just Takistan....

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

I think I finally have it figured out. Apparently DAC is simply spawning too many vehicles, then destroying them via DAC_Delete_Value. I changed the parameters to this and the timing lined up perfectly. So after a while the blown up vehicles end up being deleted by DAC. As long as I tailor my mission to take this into account I think everything will be just fine. Thanks for your help everyone!

I think I finally have it figured out. Apparently DAC is simply spawning too many vehicles, then destroying them via DAC_Delete_Value. I changed the parameters to this and the timing lined up perfectly. So after a while the blown up vehicles end up being deleted by DAC. As long as I tailor my mission to take this into account I think everything will be just fine. Thanks for your help everyone!

Strange.. so what exactly did you do to fix it? I've never seen that happen with DAC....

Does anyone have a decent object config for creating IED's? Someone must have done this. Don't care to re-invent the wheel if it has been done.

Does anyone know how to get all units within a zone to STAY inside that zone, especially when there is fighting going on 500m+ away?

I have 2 zones set up where I need the units to stay within the zone at least until they are engaged by enemy...but what happens is they always end up leaving the zone due to fire fights happening over 500m away. How can i get them to stay in place if I need to?

**EDIT - nevermind, I got it figured out

Edited by BigShot

Can someone help me please, the DAC demos do not show up in the editor. I have placed them in the correct place....

Edit: After watching some Youtube videos ive noticed that the hud looks different from mine. Im now thinking that DAC isnt even working. I have the steam version of Arma2 and Arma 2 OA. I installed DAC into the Arma 2 folder and use the ArmA II Launcher to enable the mod (pbo version).

Edited by Mekoz

Does anyone know how to get all units within a zone to STAY inside that zone, especially when there is fighting going on 500m+ away?

I have 2 zones set up where I need the units to stay within the zone at least until they are engaged by enemy...but what happens is they always end up leaving the zone due to fire fights happening over 500m away. How can i get them to stay in place if I need to?

**EDIT - nevermind, I got it figured out

For those reading this later the setting he is looking for is found in DAC_Config_Behaviour (doing this from memory so might have the syntax wrong)

setSupport = [1,1]

The first bolded number you need to set that to 0 to have units stay within the zone

Second number is for artillery support (must be a valid entry from DAC_Config_Arti - 0 to disable)

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Can someone help me please, the DAC demos do not show up in the editor. I have placed them in the correct place....

Edit: After watching some Youtube videos ive noticed that the hud looks different from mine. Im now thinking that DAC isnt even working. I have the steam version of Arma2 and Arma 2 OA. I installed DAC into the Arma 2 folder and use the ArmA II Launcher to enable the mod (pbo version).

For me the missions go into your Arma2OA\missions folder not Arma2? I have DVD version though....