Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

@alan123: I've never seen this (in SP) & AFAIK DAC has no setting for terrain level. Some questions:

- are your missions SP or MP?

- if MP, (or SP modifications of an MP template or mission) search the scripts for "terrain". AFAIK, most MP missions/templates include a scripted ability to set the terrain level - usually with a default level.

- what happens if, while playing your mission, you hit "Escape" > "Options" > "Video settings"> "Advanced" > "Terrain", set it to your preferred level & go back to the game? Does the grass reappear?

Best search tool IME, btw, is "Agent Ransack". Even searches for strings or regular expressions in PBOs and exes, etc.

Hello,

Yes you were right, it was a setting out of my mission maker software that did it and nothing do do with DAC.

Still having problems with respawns tho in both MP and SP, sometimes they work and sometimes they do not. The enemy side (AI) camp does not respawn anything and the number in brackets never changes and they run out of units.

Cheers

Alan

Hello,

Yes you were right, it was a setting out of my mission maker software that did it and nothing do do with DAC.

Still having problems with respawns tho in both MP and SP, sometimes they work and sometimes they do not. The enemy side (AI) camp does not respawn anything and the number in brackets never changes and they run out of units.

Cheers

Alan

Is this with your CTF-DAC mission, or DAC-only? If it only happens in the former case, it's some conflict with whatever MP framework you are using.

If it occurs in 'standalone' DAC missions, something is borked in either a config or the way you are initialising the zones, etc.

Check my post here on the need for "WaitUntil" ... for various DAC processes. Check the waypoint settings - try doubling the number of waypoints and the number allotted to each group - DAC does not like having insufficient waypoints.

If it only occurs in your CTF scenario, best suggestion I can offer is that you change the MP framework. I neither play nor create missions for MP. Others might have better ideas.

Hello,

I have worked out what the problem was: I put human players on both sides red and blu with the required s1, s2 etc etc naming, BUT DAC cannot handle having human players on both sides DAC only seems to work in COOP mode with humans and AI against the enemy AI only. After this change all my maps worked a treat.

I play 99% only against the PC in single player mode so this limitation is no problem compared with the massive benefits of DAC, I use the MP editor and make my missions there though as this gives the possibility for respawning when killed rather than a complete new mission start.

Can not tell you have relieved I am.:)

AL

I have a blast with this mod. It is easy to use (after a little reading) and quick to configure.

butts i needs helpz!1

As of this moment I cannot figure out how to get the AI arty support to work. I get error message: "arty aborted reason 10"; (reason10 is no arty unit available ... so I spawned myself in my support zone and i see that no arty units spawn...

Do i manually place empty units in the editor or is there something im missing here.. I saw a post here briefly mention a camp config. to get arty units .. So , do i need to also have a camp in the zone for it to spawn artillery units?

Also, in SP(have not made any mp missions yet) when i look at the map i see a small shaded square where the center of the dac_zone is.... I have defined DAC_MARKERS=0; in the dac logic, and they still show up ... Is there any way to remove the markers for the zones? They also often interfere with SThud (DAC places black shaded markers in the bottom left corner of the map, they overlap with SThud.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you for this Great mod!!

does anybody knows how to add backpacks on dac config units?

Anyone know why DAC works fine in the editor and hosted multiplayer, but when I put my mission onto a dedicated server none of the DAC zones spawn any guys? I have everything how it should be.. so I'm stumped. :confused:

If this has been asked already sorry.

Question on optimization of missions using dac. This mod is great and very well written.

My missions however are not.

So as far as optimising things, is it better to use fewer yet bigger zones which hold quite a few waypoints or many smaller zones which each only have 5 or so waypoints for men, veh, armour.?

Edited by twisted

Anyone know why DAC works fine in the editor and hosted multiplayer, but when I put my mission onto a dedicated server none of the DAC zones spawn any guys? I have everything how it should be.. so I'm stumped. :confused:

If this has been asked already sorry.

you using DAC internal or external? If its internal then you need a mod on the server that has DAC in it - most of the time its ACE that has the DAC pbo.

you using DAC internal or external? If its internal then you need a mod on the server that has DAC in it - most of the time its ACE that has the DAC pbo.

I'm using the script version. The server needs the addons?

As of this moment I cannot figure out how to get the AI arty support to work. I get error message: "arty aborted reason 10"; (reason10 is no arty unit available ... so I spawned myself in my support zone and i see that no arty units spawn...

Do i manually place empty units in the editor or is there something im missing here.. I saw a post here briefly mention a camp config. to get arty units .. So , do i need to also have a camp in the zone for it to spawn artillery units?

Also, in SP(have not made any mp missions yet) when i look at the map i see a small shaded square where the center of the dac_zone is.... I have defined DAC_MARKERS=0; in the dac logic, and they still show up ... Is there any way to remove the markers for the zones? They also often interfere with SThud (DAC places black shaded markers in the bottom left corner of the map, they overlap with SThud.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you for this Great mod!!

If you spawn in camps in the zones they will come with D30s or M119s which should provide the arty automagically... I think there is a way to integrate editor placed arty as well but can't remember or check ATM.

You can edit the DAC_Config_Camps and replace the howitzers with mortars if you prefer that.. just make sure you take a look at the DAC_Config_Arty as well and replace appropriate classnames.

Also in DAC_Config_Behaviour make sure you have

_setSupport = [1,1]
with the 2nd number a valid entry in DAC_Config_Arty

With regards to your markers issues.. not sure but it might be a SP thing.. try a test in MP and see if the markers still appear

Question on optimization of missions using dac. This mod is great and very well written.

My missions however are not.

So as far as optimising things, is it better to use fewer yet bigger zones which hold quite a few waypoints or many smaller zones which each only have 5 or so waypoints for men, veh, armour.?

With regards to init time at start of mission the more waypoints and units you have the longer it will take to complete. Especially for 'dense' maps (ie: lots of vegetation or urban setting), the waypoints can take a while to generate. You can actually tweak this in the DAC_Config_Waypoints file if you find DAC doesn't generate enough waypoints or errors saying it cannot generate (for example) a camp.

Otherwise I'm not sure that it matters much with regards to overall mission performance. Obviously more units = more CPU work.

Edited by SavageCDN

I'm using the script version. The server needs the addons?

No if you are using script version (which is highly recommended over the .pbo version) then the addons are NOT needed by client or server

No if you are using script version (which is highly recommended over the .pbo version) then the addons are NOT needed by client or server

Then why is it that the mission plays fine in singleplayer and hosted multiplayer but when I put it on the dedicated server the DAC zones don't spawn any guys?

Any idea's would be great.:confused:

Then why is it that the mission plays fine in singleplayer and hosted multiplayer but when I put it on the dedicated server the DAC zones don't spawn any guys?

Yeah that's a weird one.. have you changed any of the DAC scripts at all or the DAC lines that go into init.sqf? Is your mission 'complicated' ie: lots of scripts, etc? If so have you tried just a simple mission - clean set of DAC files - with one DAC zone to see if it spawns units? Do you have access to your server .rpt file?

If you spawn in camps in the zones they will come with D30s or M119s which should provide the arty automagically... I think there is a way to integrate editor placed arty as well but can't remember or check ATM.

You don't actually need to integrate them if they are in the patrol zone of a camp group - see my recent reply (to you :) )

You don't actually need to integrate them if they are in the patrol zone of a camp group - see my recent reply (to you :) )

God damn it I am getting old :p

Are you 100% that no units are spawned? If you just look at the map the unit-markers will not be shown on a dedicated server, but if you go out the units are there. If you do go out and there are no units then its strange yes.

Are you 100% that no units are spawned? If you just look at the map the unit-markers will not be shown on a dedicated server, but if you go out the units are there. If you do go out and there are no units then its strange yes.

Yea, nothing is spawning in. I also have UPSMON could that be conflicting?

I would try a small test mission with no other AI scripts or addons running - that will nail down if the problem is with DAC or not.

How do I get units to stop leaving the zones I've set?

I have 6 zones all with separate ID's so not intrinsically linked

example

fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z2",[2,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z3",[3,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z4",[4,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z5",[5,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z6",[6,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

I've set the behavior in DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf as described for case 0 as such

_setSupport = [0,0];

but yet the AI still sends units to support other zones...what am I missing here people?

How do I get units to stop leaving the zones I've set?

I have 6 zones all with separate ID's so not intrinsically linked

example

fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z2",[2,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z3",[3,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z4",[4,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z5",[5,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;
fun = ["z6",[6,0,0],[(round(random 3)),(round(random 2)),30,10],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

I've set the behavior in DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf as described for case 0 as such

_setSupport = [0,0];

but yet the AI still sends units to support other zones...what am I missing here people?

Nothing from what I can see.... how close are these zones to each other? Is it possible that even though they are not linked the AI groups are close enough to 'detect' you and then once they are in combat they won't leave to return to their zone (shot in the dark here)?

The mentioned behaviour could be linked to a bug in the HOLD waypoint.

Since several ArmA2OA Patch versions HOLD is broken and acts like GUARD, which of course is contradictory to expected behaviour.

If DAC uses the HOLD waypoints, it could be the reason for units leaving their patroling zones to hunt an enemy they got a knowsabout value for.

How do i add backpacks for ai units (i44 amiricans) in the unit configs ? i have add the weapon configs corectly. Thx

Edited by Davey

How do i add backpacks for ai units (i44 amiricans) in the unit configs ? i have add the weapon configs corectly. Thx

I would guess that you need to use an external script outside of DAC to add backpacks.... if adding them in DAC_Weapon_Config.sqf doesn't work. Does I44 use an ACE-like backpack system?

Hi!

I've been using DAC for a while now, suddenly the AI only gets assigned one WP and stops at that one WP.

I've tried different factions, behaviour. Disabled mods you name it...

Has anybody else encountered this? And if so how did you solve it?