Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Tried with the helicopters. No solution works. Pity. Linked zoned only share waypoints for ground based troops.

Thanks I will try the empty arrays (or I'm guessing I'd need at least 3 units in? crew, pilot, leader so that it can assign a gunner to the statics?).. one problem I can see is that I would have to create a camp-only zone and another unit spawning zone.. but that is easy :p

Nope - you define the arti operators in the DAC_config_camps.sqf, specifically in the campStatic line, e.g.:

_campStatic    = [["2b14_82mm",-7,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",25,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",25,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",-7,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"]];

If you assign more than one soldier to any given position, either they spawn dead or, maybe, try to occupy the same space & die as a result. Whichever, you end up with dead units.

Nope - you define the arti operators in the DAC_config_camps.sqf, specifically in the campStatic line, e.g.:

_campStatic    = [["2b14_82mm",-7,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",25,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",25,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["2b14_82mm",-7,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"]];

If you assign more than one soldier to any given position, either they spawn dead or, maybe, try to occupy the same space & die as a result. Whichever, you end up with dead units.

facepalm.jpg

Sorry of course..not sure what I was thinking of.... was confusing the defend group (needing 3 entries in _units) with the camp static gunners...lol

facepalm.jpg

Sorry of course..not sure what I was thinking of.... was confusing the defend group (needing 3 entries in _units) with the camp static gunners...lol

No worries, mate :)

Also... if you want a camp zone that just spawns but doesn't build a camp, remember to keep all the unneeded arrays but make them empty, thus: []

No worries, mate :)

Also... if you want a camp zone that just spawns but doesn't build a camp, remember to keep all the unneeded arrays but make them empty, thus: []

Yes I think you need to keep the Logic and that is all correct? I know I've done it with just the logic, a tent and some ammo boxes (especially on terrains that are unfriendly to camp generation or where space is a concern).

I have never managed to get a working spawn without the flag, sad to say. Not even the empty that comes in the DAC config works for me.

So I would say the logic and the flag (would love to be showed how to do it without anything but the logic).

Good point andersson, I forgot that.

IIRC, I had to keep either a flag or just a sandbag or several. The latter are less likely to get destroyed, especially if you want to spawn some units in the zone & have all them go off somewhere else leaving no defenders.

actually andersson you are correct I had the logic and the flag not just the logic

Just incase you hadn't noticed and are interested, I've opened a new topic for DACCE my editor for DAC config files. There's some info on it and a set of output files that any people who are feeling kind can check though. There is no actual program at the moment as I noticed some errors while doing the screen shots. Nothing much will happen on it for the next few days as I have been attacked by some form of weponised virus and feel best in bed not moving.

If you look though the info screens and have any suggestions etc please post them in the thread.

Thanks

Scott

That sounds great, thank you. Hope you feel better very soon.

BR

Orc

Hello,

I how do I stop the automatically fog in DAC?

It seems to affect every mission I now make, with or without DAC. Within about 10mins the whole map is fogged in.

Pls let me know as it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Alan

Hello,

I how do I stop the automatically fog in DAC?

It seems to affect every mission I now make, with or without DAC. Within about 10mins the whole map is fogged in.

Pls let me know as it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Alan

In your DAC folder there will be a file called DAC_Config_Creator.sqf

Open that up and look for a value Dyn_weather (or something like it... at work so can't check) - change the first value (300) to 0 to disable the weather (300 = 300 seconds.. you can set it longer if you want more time before the weather changes)

Edited by SavageCDN

Thanks worked a treat, changed some other things too and am even happier with DAC that before.

Cheers

Alan

While you guys are on the subject of weather, is there a way to set the starting weather and fog to a certain value? I'd like to have an overcast morning with a fog value of .7 for the first stage of my mission. Afterward, dynamic weather is preferred.

;2199424']While you guys are on the subject of weather' date=' is there a way to set the starting weather and fog to a certain value? I'd like to have an overcast morning with a fog value of .7 for the first stage of my mission. Afterward, dynamic weather is preferred.[/quote']

Good question perhaps the other values in Config_Creator have options for this?? (can't check ATM) If memory serves there are 4 or 5 variables on that line for weather. Also what about setting the weather and fog in the editor sliders (or init) to your desired levels then allowing DAC to take over after x seconds.. or have you tried this and it doesn't work?

Hello,

Another quick question: I am finding in my missions that whatever side the human player plays on that side respawns and has lots units, the AI side starts out with lots loses them and they do not seem to respawn.

If one changes side then that side works but the other dwindles away as described above.

What do I need to tweak where to adjust this?

Thanks

Alan

Hello,

Another quick question: I am finding in my missions that whatever side the human player plays on that side respawns and has lots units, the AI side starts out with lots loses them and they do not seem to respawn.

If one changes side then that side works but the other dwindles away as described above.

What do I need to tweak where to adjust this?

Thanks

Alan

That sounds a bit weird.. do you have respawn camps configured for both sides? Are you generating AI groups dynamically by player count? (ie: ["12",2,36,3] )

Might need a bit more info about your DAC setup.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Never tried that myself, however DAC will automatically man any editor-placed static weapons (side-sensitive) within a spawn zone.

Just re-reading a few posts and I didn't pick up on this earlier. So if I place empty static weapons anywhere inside a DAC trigger it will man them with the appropriate unit automagically? (not referring to camp statics here)

Or do you mean that AI groups will man the statics within a certain range (defined in config_behaviour)?

Edited by SavageCDN

Hello,

Yes I have spawn camps and sometimes they do spawn things but not consistently unless the human player is on the same side. Side without a human on it just dwindles away and spawn camp always shows spawn count as unchanged, because I am learning DAC at the moment I leave the "show mode" on so that I can see what the units are doing.

Are you generating AI groups dynamically by player count? (ie: ["12",2,36,3] ) no not doing this. Player count is always 1 (me) and I play in multiplayer so that I respawn when I die which happens a lot, lol. So I left this alone.

Hope that helps, I can send you my mission if you like and you can have a look at it. See what I am doing wrong. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38097529/2012_07_29_DACtest.Chernarus.7z

Hope you can sort it out as it is getting annoying and you begin to wonder if the system really works or not.

Regards

Alan

;2199424']While you guys are on the subject of weather' date=' is there a way to set the starting weather and fog to a certain value? I'd like to have an overcast morning with a fog value of .7 for the first stage of my mission. Afterward, dynamic weather is preferred.[/quote']

You could try disabling the DAC dynamic weather as described, then scripting in your weather, and at the end of the script enable DAC dynamic weather.

Hello,

Yes I have spawn camps and sometimes they do spawn things but not consistently unless the human player is on the same side. Side without a human on it just dwindles away and spawn camp always shows spawn count as unchanged, because I am learning DAC at the moment I leave the "show mode" on so that I can see what the units are doing.

Are you generating AI groups dynamically by player count? (ie: ["12",2,36,3] ) no not doing this. Player count is always 1 (me) and I play in multiplayer so that I respawn when I die which happens a lot, lol. So I left this alone.

Hope that helps, I can send you my mission if you like and you can have a look at it. See what I am doing wrong. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38097529/2012_07_29_DACtest.Chernarus.7z

Hope you can sort it out as it is getting annoying and you begin to wonder if the system really works or not.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

I had a quick look through your mission at work.. can't see anything wrong with the DAC stuff however I can't actually fire it up in Arma to check. Noticed that it is a CTF mission type.. personally I've never tried CTF (with or without DAC) so it's possible there is something there that is screwing up the DAC respawns. I've never seen the behaviour you are describing so that would be my guess.

Might be worth copy/pasting the DAC triggers, etc to a new mission (no CTF) and making sure things work there before trying it in CTF gamemode... I'm sure others will chime in with better ideas.

I will have a bit of time tomorrow or this weekend to actually try it in Arma if you like.. but DAC respawn does work usually :p

Hello,

Thanks for taking a look. I have been tinkering as well and just for the hell of it saved the mission as a single player mission and then played it. The result was amazing, it was one of the best mission experiences I have ever had!

Needless to say that the respawns worked fine and everthing ran as it should with both sides respawing correctly, you could see the spawn countdown in the camps working properly.

So the the easy way around the problem is to simply save in single player mode and play from there.

It was so good I am going to change sides and do it again!

cu

Alan

Hello,

Thanks for taking a look. I have been tinkering as well and just for the hell of it saved the mission as a single player mission and then played it. The result was amazing, it was one of the best mission experiences I have ever had!

Needless to say that the respawns worked fine and everthing ran as it should with both sides respawing correctly, you could see the spawn countdown in the camps working properly.

So the the easy way around the problem is to simply save in single player mode and play from there.

It was so good I am going to change sides and do it again!

cu

Alan

haha.. I know exactly what you mean. Now you should add these mods for extra fun!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system

Just re-reading a few posts and I didn't pick up on this earlier. So if I place empty static weapons anywhere inside a DAC trigger it will man them with the appropriate unit automagically? (not referring to camp statics here)

Or do you mean that AI groups will man the statics within a certain range (defined in config_behaviour)?

There are two settings that control DAC AI manning statics. One is in behaviour, _setFleeing. If you want to place some extra statics round the camp (e.g., AT pods or MG nests) you can have the camp spawn some extra units, & give the second value for _setFleeing in the behaviour setting for the camp units to a value twice (or even slightly larger) that of the camp units' patrol radius. Camp units will man editor-placed statics & stay there even if the weapon is at one end of a diameter and the rest of the grunts at the other end.

The other is in the Config_creator: DAC_GunAllowed. So if you add some AA pods in the editor, you need to add the classname(s) into the array.

One is in behaviour, _setFleeing. If you want to place some extra statics round the camp (e.g., AT pods or MG nests) you can have the camp spawn some extra units, & give the second value for _setFleeing in the behaviour setting for the camp units to a value twice (or even slightly larger) that of the camp units' patrol radius. Camp units will man editor-placed statics & stay there even if the weapon is at one end of a diameter and the rest of the grunts at the other end.

That is pretty cool thanks for the info!! Gonna try this next mission.

Hello,

Another quick question: I have noticed on all my DAC modded missions that the grass is turned off. Is this a feature of DAC and where can I adjust this?

Regards

Alan