Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

How to make Independents friendly with everybody?

Whenever No matter what i set DAC_Res_Side , still either blufor or opfor fires on me.

(Independent set friendly to everyone in Mission parameters)

Thanks for the reply Orcinus.

I think the functionality exists within the DAC event handlers. Im just trying to figure out how to get it all to work. Using the NotAliveGroup event within DAC I should be able to fire a script when a group goes down.

I can have my script fire successfully if I use the "Create" event within DAC. But if I successfully destroy the tanks in my DAC created zone, the following code does not seem to fire the NotAliveGroup event. Im not a coder, so not sure where im going wrong. Do I need to tell the DAC_CONFIG_EVENT.sqf the name of the group to be destroyed, which in this case is always A-A-1?

Im lost at this point. This is the code found within the DAC_CONFIG_EVENTS.sqf within my mission. Im going to try it with just infantry to see if that works or not.

Hmm, don't know. I'll have a look tomorrow as well (but don't hold your breath!)

Cheers

Orcinus

How to make Independents friendly with everybody?

Whenever No matter what i set DAC_Res_Side , still either blufor or opfor fires on me.

(Independent set friendly to everyone in Mission parameters)

Not possible. See first section on p36 of the manual.

BR

Orcinus.

Quick question here.

DAC Is amazing, I absolutely love it. One annoying issue with it however, is Dynamic Weather creates an immediate fog cloud that prevents me from shooting targets over 400 Meters.

Where is DYN_Weather called from? Which script?

Quick question here.

DAC Is amazing, I absolutely love it. One annoying issue with it however, is Dynamic Weather creates an immediate fog cloud that prevents me from shooting targets over 400 Meters.

Where is DYN_Weather called from? Which script?

Well, one answer is RTFM ;)

.. but I'm a kind person..

Weather, like many other factors, is controlled from the config creator script. Full details on p 34 of the full manual.

If you're using the pbo version [DAC_Intern], you'll need to set up DAC_Single_Config for weather. How to set up single configs is in the preceding page.

It's well worth time getting familiar with the config creator, there is so much that one can readily tweak to tune a given mission design.

Have fun - and I agree, DAC is amazing!

BR

Orcinus

To keep your mission open to as many people as possible, using script version is normally the way to go.

Im using a script version ):

Is the PBO version any easier to work with?

I should say stay with the script version, much more flexible and, as mentioned, open to more people.

Has anyone had success with usingACE_fnc_PackWeapon, and associated ACE commands in the DAC_Config_Weapons.sqf ?

I would like to put ACE rucks on AI and pack their rucks with custom loadouts.

Hey guys, does anyone know if its possible to enter something into the init of an object, if using the DAC object generation?

I would like to use the ACE IED's as the object to be placed randomly, but then i need to add the tripwire variable to the init of each object to arm the device.

I really hope this is possible as it would save me so much time..

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Hey guys,

I've looked at whats been said earlier on the subject, but I'm feeling a little dense here.

I'm making an MP mission for use on a Dedicated server. In the editor I put down several DAC zones. Some set to activate on start up, and some deactivated for use later. I also set the DAC_Coms_Values = [1,2,1].

When I run the mission with others on the server each player gets a hint that DAC has initialized and the DAC hint of what DAC is doing. When DAC has finished creating units it gives a hint of how long it took to complete.

The time it says it takes is different for each player. Is this normal? Or is there something I'm missing.

I have this in my init.sqf

if(!isServer) then {waitUntil{!isNull player}};
DAC_Zone = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqf";
DAC_Objects = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Objects.sqf";
execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

That should be just inconsistency caused by netcode/client connections.

As all the AI spawns & whatnot are handled serverside, the infobox merely gives an estimation of how long initialization took + time to get info to client.

I usually only have the com_values on for SP testing, [0,0,0]´ing it before the mission goes MP. Much more surprising for players :D

Thank you Mr Burns,

I just set comm values for debug with testers.

on another note, are there any pitfalls I should look for when running ACE and DAC together?

None that i know of.

Making a mission laggy by using way too much AI can be accomplished with or w/o ACE :D

edit: maybe one thing, ACE overrides most stock vehicle classes (ACE_BMP2_RU instead of BMP2_RU), i don´t know exactly what has been changed or why they did it, but you might want to make a new DAC unitconfig for/with ACE vehicles instead of the stock arma ones.

Edited by Mr Burns

Hey guys, does anyone know if its possible to enter something into the init of an object, if using the DAC object generation?

I would like to use the ACE IED's as the object to be placed randomly, but then i need to add the tripwire variable to the init of each object to arm the device.

I really hope this is possible as it would save me so much time..

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can't test it myself as I haven't yet re-downloaded ACE after a disk corruption problem which trashed a number of mods, but you should be able to do something via DAC_Config_Objects (see p54 in the manual).

In each entry in the _Object_Pool there's a section ,"", in which you can add a function or script call to set the init for each IED.

BR

Orcinus

Checkout the chapter # DAC-object-generation starting on page 28.

I think, and anyone please correct if I'm wrong, you want for your application to create random gamelogics, and access their positions through a array that DAC will create for you. You can name that array in the Script Call.

I was recently poking around the "enemy contact" scenario bundled with the DAC.

I have some questions that to be honest I couldn't immediately refer to a place in the manual and get a conclusive answer without reading the whole damn thing.

I've noticed in the spawn array that defining bases that use a "respawn" system occupy the same place as the place where you would spawn helicopters.

Is there something within the elements of the respawn base array allow you to specify helicopters?

I know there's one that defines "infantry and vehicles", but instead of dumping a huge number of helicopters at once as one normally would, I'd like a steady stream of them to filter in from a far location to harass opposing ground forces.

I have some questions that to be honest I couldn't immediately refer to a place in the manual and get a conclusive answer without reading the whole damn thing.

To be honest, if you can't be bothered to read the manual you are never going to be able to use this brilliant mod properly. That would be a pity.

I've noticed in the spawn array that defining bases that use a "respawn" system occupy the same place as the place where you would spawn helicopters.

If you look again you'll see that there are two zones on each side. One spawns the camps, the other spawns waypoints and units. In that second zone the penultimate array is empty; you could simply add in some helis, e.g., change

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[10,2,10,15],[2,2,10,10],[3,1,10,15],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

to

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[10,2,10,15],[2,2,10,10],[3,1,10,15],[4,1,12],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

However, the helis will be spawned throughout the zone, and not necessarily in ideal locations; better to set up a separate, small linked zone someplace reasonably flat where there aren't any trees, power lines, etc.

The manual & demo missions tell you how to link zones, so I'll leave that to you :)

Also very useful reading is the excellent tutorial by DMarkwick, here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99759

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Misspelt JTD's name, sorry!

how can I make a MINIMUM group number... Im tired of finding only 1 guy and spending hours going after him ):

I at least want the satisfaction of a group kill

how can I make a MINIMUM group number... Im tired of finding only 1 guy and spending hours going after him ):

I at least want the satisfaction of a group kill

You can change the group sizes in dac_config_creator.sqf - check readme for details.

:couch:

@Pd3:

Sorry, just re-read your post & realised that what I suggested will not be enough as helis do not get re-spawned if destroyed - heli spawning is a one-off event. As you cannot predict what group names the helis will be given, the solution is to modify the spawn so that they spawn as an array, e.g.:

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[10,2,10,15],[2,2,10,10],[3,1,10,15],[4,1,12,"heligroup_z1"],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

What you need then is a script to check when there are no groups left alive in that array - there won't be that many to start with, and it needn't run more than once every 5 or 10 minutes anyway so the CPU overhead won't be large. When/if the choppers are all destroyed, the script deletes the zone and recreates it.

The solution so as to not to have a period where there are no helis around is to split heli generation between two camps (especially if they are at distinctly different distances from the battle front) with different array names for each. The script would monitor both arrays and recreate the first zone to have no choppers left in flight then, say, sleep 300 or whatever.

I should add that I don't (yet) know how to write a script to check whether all the groups in a named array are alive or dead - it would be useful for other purposes. Could anyone else help with that?

BR

Orcinus

@Coyle[506th PIR] ... ACE got DAC includet already, so far there should'nt be any issues with ACE+DAC.

So if you're running ACE, its obsolete to run DAC beside it. Just set it to DAC external and set up your own

DAC\configs Folder inside your Mission directory if you need your own Configuration.

Edited by fREAk.

Allo! Back to annoy you all!

The server I host my mission on [uSSOCOM] Is a MSO series that uses DAC because of its reliability and frankly because its friggin awesome.

However... Lot of complaints about players lagging out or the server crashing! (Oh Noes!)

How can I reduce script lag? The PBO is included in ACE. I have several ones customized, but I need the core components of the script (Unit Waypoints, Unit config, unit behaviour...) How would one simply cut off the process that handles their behaviour such as waypoints, cover, use of smoke, and convert it to the PBO?

Thanks!

Allo! Back to annoy you all!

The server I host my mission on [uSSOCOM] Is a MSO series that uses DAC because of its reliability and frankly because its friggin awesome.

However... Lot of complaints about players lagging out or the server crashing! (Oh Noes!)

How can I reduce script lag? The PBO is included in ACE. I have several ones customized, but I need the core components of the script (Unit Waypoints, Unit config, unit behaviour...) How would one simply cut off the process that handles their behaviour such as waypoints, cover, use of smoke, and convert it to the PBO?

Thanks!

RTFM?

You don't need to unPBO, edit & rePBO. You can edit the mission to use DAC single configs for those parameters. I don't know if the DAC source in ACE uses the default configs as per Silola's script version, you will need to check that. You'll need a copy of the script version in any case to get copies of the relevant config files.

Example: to use external configs for Behaviour and Camps, place a logic on the mission map called DAC_Single_Config, with the init line

DAC_Single_Config = ["Behaviour", "Camps"]

Place copies of the DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf & DAC_Config_Camps.sqf in the mission folder. DAC will use those configs instead of the settings in the pbo. Pay attention to the relevant sections in the manual when editing the configs. Change one thing at a time & run a quick test after each change to make sure you haven't introduced an error, e.g., a typo.

Ofc there could be any number of reasons why the mission causes lags or even crashes the server that do not involve DAC, but you would need someone expert in MP mission design to help there. Does the RPT log contain errors relating to DAC?

BR

Orcinus

PS I just compared the MD5 sums of the original DAC_source.pbo & that in ACE. They are identical so the default configs will be the same.

Edited by Orcinus

Thanks mate! It works our perfectly, I love you!

haha jk but still thanks