Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Under normal circumstances is the number which i colored red is the number which says, which camp config should be used. Maybe you have the first release of DAC v3 without all the OA stuff. With DAC v3c there is all the stuff from OA included in DAC.

As a matter of fact I only have DAC v3. How could I've missed the update is really unexplainable to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi, im having a problem deleting a zone when its not needed. When I make a trigger and put this:

[tas1] call DAC_Deactivate. The zone turns black and deactivates but when i put:

[tas1] call DAC_fDeleteZone. Nothing happens and the zone stays red??

Edited by LockJaw-65-

Hi, im having a problem deleting a zone when its not needed. When I make a trigger and put this:

[tas1] call DAC_Deactivate. The zone turns black and deactivates but when i put:

[tas1] call DAC_fDeleteZone. Nothing happens and the zone stays red??

Use " " around the zone name like this.

["tas1"] call DAC_fDeleteZone

Thanks, just tried and it works, dont know how I missed that! Must be because you dont need to do that with the deactivating call

Maybe someone can help me, i have no knowledge in scripting. A zone is conquered by player side and i want to deactivate the zone. In the createsector.sqf is a example to start a script after taking.

// ["nameOfTheZone","nameOfTheScript"] execVM "CreateSector.sqf"

// "nameOfTheScript" = You can start a script if the sector is conquered by friendly units

Can i use this to deactivate the zone?The nameOfTheZone= is clear!....but i dont know if i need to create a new script or can i put the
["Z1","[z1] call DAC_Deactivate"] execVM "CreateSector.sqf"
if i need a new .sqf what i must insert beside [z1] call DAC_Deactivate?I hope somebody can help:o Edited by TeilX

During game play when a zone is deleted, it tells you that the zone is deleted via the coms text at the side. How do I stop the text saying this?

During game play when a zone is deleted, it tells you that the zone is deleted via the coms text at the side. How do I stop the text saying this?

If you're using DAC External PBO, in the DAC Settings section of DAC_Config_Creator.sqf, set the DAC_Com_Values variable to [0,0,0]. That will prevent any messages.

Or, if you're using Internal DAC PBO, have a logic unit that sets the variable with the line

DAC_Com_values = [0,0,0];

I'm using the script version of DAC, how do I disable the little initialization information window when the mission starts?

In your mission/DAC/DAC_Config_Creator.sqf file find the line that defines DAC_Com_Values and set it to [0,0,0]

It didn't work. Here is my config line if(isNil "DAC_Com_Values") then { DAC_Com_Values = [0,0,0] }; Also, how can I make it so each group has a set amount of units, instead of 2-4, 2-6, etc...

Edited by TheDuceCat

It didn't work. Here is my config line if(isNil "DAC_Com_Values") then { DAC_Com_Values = [0,0,0] }; Also, how can I make it so each group has a set amount of units, instead of 2-4, 2-6, etc...

Read the manual, its explained in detail :)) :cool:

I searched the manual, but couldn't find anything. I set them all to zero, so it should show nothing, but it still does.

My guess would be that you're placing a DAC Internal module in the editor, which would cause the DAC to use default settings only. But, as you say you're using the script version, maybe not, just thought I would mention it.

For the other issue, in the same file you will see a line like this:

if(isNil "DAC_AI_Count_Level") then {DAC_AI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,8],[2,12],[5,0]]};

the final sub-array in the array you'll note is [5,0], which will force exactly 5 units. You can either change this value to whatever value you're looking for and use 5 as your unit count call, or you can add your own the the end and use 6.

Has anybody sucessfully activated a zone mid mission and had the AI spawn in?

I'd like to think im not completely useless when it comes to DAC, but for the life of me i cant figure out why if i preplace a zone then activate it mid-mission no units are spawned in.....

If i could get this working it would save alot of hassle haveing to setpos units then add them to DAC.

If i read the instructions correctly, the zone's just prepare everything during the init then just carry on spawning the units once the zone is activated. :confused:

I used the mod before and used the internal module in my mission, but then deleted it and switched to the script version.

Okay, here is what is happening. When I test out my mission by making an OPFOR as the player and check out the spawn zone, it works perfectly. When I delete him, and reset my BLUFOR to the player, nothing works. What is going on?

Hi

I've been getting an error on reloading saved missions - not just my own attempts :), but some of the demo files (for example, _DAC_Script_Example.Takistan).

The RPT has the error:

Error in expression <cleInUse - [_x]} foreach _groupveh};

if(count _jArray > 0) then {[35,_groupid,_g>

Error position: <count _jArray > 0) then {[35,_groupid,_g>

Error Generic error in expression

which AFAICT, originates from DAC_Move_to_WP.sqf.

Consequences vary, but almost invariably the DAC camps spawn count ceases to drop, spawning also generally is borked, & occasionally there is a CTD. This occurs with vanilla CO (1.59 & now with 1.60).

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on, & how to fix it?

TIA

Orcinus

Hi

One of the PBO demos in the DACv3c release, #29, is about composing mixed groups. The DAC initialisation line is

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[],[],[8,[1,4,1],80,8],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

which worked fine when I pasted it into a BLUFOR DAC zone. Also works for OPFOR if the last set of numbers are changed appropriately.

However, the meaning of the numbers in the section[[1,4,1] are not explained anywhere that I can find in the manual or in this thread. Does anyone know to what parameters they refer?

TIA

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

My guess would be that you're placing a DAC Internal module in the editor, which would cause the DAC to use default settings only. But, as you say you're using the script version, maybe not, just thought I would mention it.

For the other issue, in the same file you will see a line like this:

if(isNil "DAC_AI_Count_Level") then {DAC_AI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,8],[2,12],[5,0]]};

the final sub-array in the array you'll note is [5,0], which will force exactly 5 units. You can either change this value to whatever value you're looking for and use 5 as your unit count call, or you can add your own the the end and use 6.

Curiously, I'm making a script-based SP mission & today found that editing the config creator thus:

if(isNil "DAC_Fast_Init") then {DAC_Fast_Init = true};

had no effect. I ended up adding a Game Logic with the init line

DAC_Fast_Init = true
which worked fine. There's no need to edit the config creator for a number of the entries in that section, a Game Logic will work as well (or better, in this case).

BR

Orcinus

Hi guys. Quick question which is hopefully easy to answer.

Lets say I create a simple DAC zone called "z1" to spawn some OPFOR tanks. The zone is deactivated initially, but activated shortly after mission start.

Is it possible to have a trigger fire when all units spawned in this specific DAC zone have been killed?

So for example (And excuse the language):

WHEN unitsalive SPAWNEDBY z1 LESS THAN 1

THEN

OBJ1DONE=TRUE

Just for a test I have tried placing a trigger around the DAC zone with "OPFOR not present" as the criteria, but this results in the trigger firing immidiately because, as stated, the OPFOR do not exist at mission start. It is also entirely possible that the units spawned by this DAC zone could actually end up moving to a unique location at the other side of the map which makes an area trigger messy.

Just wondered if there was a nifty way to hook into the status/number of troops belonging to a DAC zone and act accordingly when certain criteria are met.

Okay, here is what is happening. When I test out my mission by making an OPFOR as the player and check out the spawn zone, it works perfectly. When I delete him, and reset my BLUFOR to the player, nothing works. What is going on?

Ensure that the new unit is named s1

Hi Is it only on my system that "creation objects" mission fails ?

#D_22_Dac_create_objects.utes

#E_28_DAC_create_objects.utes

both missions fail to start

would be nice if someone can check this

MCPXXL

Edited by MCPXXL

Just wondered if there was a nifty way to hook into the status/number of troops belonging to a DAC zone and act accordingly when certain criteria are met.

Having done some reading it seems that DAC_Config_Events.sqf could be the answer. Does anyone have any experience using this file? Perhaps an example mission?

Hi Is it only on my system that "creation objects" mission fails ?

#D_22_Dac_create_objects.utes

#E_28_DAC_create_objects.utes

both missions fail to start

would be nice if someone can check this

MCPXXL

Both worked fine for me (though I hadn't looked at them since about 2 patches ago). JI just checked with current CO 1.60/1.12 & both were fine - at least for the English demos, I never looked at the Deutsche versions.

Did you remember to load the DAC pbo? (I would guess so, or Arma would have growled at you). Do you see any errors in your .rpt file?

BR

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Hi guys. Quick question which is hopefully easy to answer.

Lets say I create a simple DAC zone called "z1" to spawn some OPFOR tanks. The zone is deactivated initially, but activated shortly after mission start.

Is it possible to have a trigger fire when all units spawned in this specific DAC zone have been killed?

So for example (And excuse the language):

WHEN unitsalive SPAWNEDBY z1 LESS THAN 1

THEN

OBJ1DONE=TRUE

Just for a test I have tried placing a trigger around the DAC zone with "OPFOR not present" as the criteria, but this results in the trigger firing immidiately because, as stated, the OPFOR do not exist at mission start. It is also entirely possible that the units spawned by this DAC zone could actually end up moving to a unique location at the other side of the map which makes an area trigger messy.

Maybe one way to do it is by to spawning groups into name-arrays, e.g.:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,3,50,8[],[3,1,10,10,"arm_group_z1"],[],[1,1,1,7]] spawn DAC_Zone;

and then use a script that is detects (& a trigger that is activated) when the arm_group_z1 array is empty. Not that I would be capable of writing it yet..

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
typo

Thanks for the reply Orcinus.

I think the functionality exists within the DAC event handlers. Im just trying to figure out how to get it all to work. Using the NotAliveGroup event within DAC I should be able to fire a script when a group goes down.

I can have my script fire successfully if I use the "Create" event within DAC. But if I successfully destroy the tanks in my DAC created zone, the following code does not seem to fire the NotAliveGroup event. Im not a coder, so not sure where im going wrong. Do I need to tell the DAC_CONFIG_EVENT.sqf the name of the group to be destroyed, which in this case is always A-A-1?

Im lost at this point. This is the code found within the DAC_CONFIG_EVENTS.sqf within my mission. Im going to try it with just infantry to see if that works or not.

_Events_Unit_T = [

[],

[],

["[_group] execVM ""obj1.sqf"""],

[]

Edited by *TCF*Jackal
Update