Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

DAC_Config_Behaviour :

_setEmpVeh [[150,100],[100,50]]

These arrays enable the boarding of empty vehicles and guns.

If you don't want to use one of these characteristics in the zone, you have to set the 1st value

to 0, otherwise as follows:

1st Array = radius of the detection of empty vehicles to board; probability %

2nd Array = radius of the detection of empty guns in order to board; probability %

Which vehicle types can be boarded, will be determined by the setting up

DAC_VehAllowed (page 22).

Which guns can be boarded, will be determined by setting up DAC_GunAllowed (page 22).

;

help's i think. Config _setEmpVeh = [[300,100],[300,100]] is my current setting and they board all static guns in the area(if you add, custom addons too). Build an empty camp into a dac zone and they board the guns, nothing more to do on my rig. Edited by TeilX

hello, i need some help with the dac mod.

whenever i script a mission with dac it works ok, but it needs allways the dac mod enabled to play it, because without it it says that dac source is missing.

i saw alot of missions wich runs perfectly with dac scripts without the need to enable the dac mod, so im really confused how to script a mission without the need to run the dac mod to be able to play it afterwards.

perhaps its somewhere written in the readmes but my english might be not good enough to find the right passage.

any help is much apreciated ;)

DAC_Config_Behaviour :help's i think. Config _setEmpVeh = [[300,100],[300,100]] is my current setting and they board all static guns in the area(if you add, custom addons too). Build an empty camp into a dac zone and they board the guns, nothing more to do on my rig.

Seems to be a solution - but isnt there a parameter to disable "giving up camp" anyhow :/

i have the prob that they dosen't disembark after the board guns.^^

hello, i need some help with the dac mod.

whenever i script a mission with dac it works ok, but it needs allways the dac mod enabled to play it, because without it it says that dac source is missing.

i saw alot of missions wich runs perfectly with dac scripts without the need to enable the dac mod, so im really confused how to script a mission without the need to run the dac mod to be able to play it afterwards.

perhaps its somewhere written in the readmes but my english might be not good enough to find the right passage.

any help is much apreciated

Dac have a Addon and script version. You can choose what you need. "DAC_pbo & DAC_script " Script version have Example missions. Edited by TeilX

Dac have a Addon and script version. You can choose what you need. "DAC_pbo & DAC_script " Script version have Example missions.

wow many many thanks, that was the problem.

i used to mix them all together but now with scripts only it works :yay:

I MADE IT!!!

The only thing needed to be changes was that static guns only work if they are used within the TANK array of the Unit Config!

fun = ["stat",[15,0,0],[ ],[ ],[1,1,10,1],[ ],[0,25,0,6,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Unit Config add:

// Taki Milita Static Weapons

case 25:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_TL_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_2_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_MG_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1","TK_INS_Bonesetter_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AR_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AA_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_V = [];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["DSHKM_INS"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

//

U at least need 3 Infantry man in the Unit_Pool_S array - but I just posted anybody there :)

Is anybody out there who can tell me how I really can release AI Groups created by DAC Zones - and hand them over to another AI System?

I just can't figure out what is ment within the readme file (which in fact is great) brought with DAC.

This script worked so far - but how can I let the released groups still run the waypoints given by a Zone they spawned in?

[group, [z1],1,8] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup

thats what DAC Readme tells - and the Releaserscript kinda wants me to add waypoints on map by editor - but that wouldn't be dynamic enough for me? Any Idea so far? What did I missed

EDIT:

// Release Groups from _selectedArray defined

{

_group = _x;

[_group] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup;

Maybe editing that part to [group, [z1],1,8] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup but whats the Zone variable called within the script - I'm not that good in reading it :/

Well I tried the solution above - but this poorly isnt the best :/ - no more moving between DAC linked Zones and Waypoint Zones, and also it is pretty stupid to use for every zone because here every group would travel to zone 1's waypoint pool. Is there maybe a way to let the Group use a pool of waypoints aquired by the ID of Zones not by Zone Names themselves?

So you have like 2 Master Zones and 1 Waypoint zone and let the group which is created by a Master Zone leave that zone but use the waypoint pool of the Zone ID of the "Mother" Zone

Edited by Falke88

hello i would like to know what happens when the created ai has finnished its assigned wps.

will it start again from beginning or will they just stand there at the last wp?

if so i would also like to know how i can release them and assign names to the created ai groups, so i can use upsmon to let them patrol the area.

hello i would like to know what happens when the created ai has finnished its assigned wps.

will it start again from beginning or will they just stand there at the last wp?

if so i would also like to know how i can release them and assign names to the created ai groups, so i can use upsmon to let them patrol the area.

You can use my unreleased releaser to do that if you wish...

/*
****** DAC Releasing Scipt ******

Releases all units within a given DAC zone
and sends them to a designated waypoint.

Created by rexehuk

UNRELEASED VERSION - NO INSTRUCTIONS
*/

waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value == 1};

private ["_selectedArray","_waypointBank","_waypointIDX","_group","_aID","_zoneBoolean","_ZoneID","_waypointCount","_wayPoint"
,"_waypointOrder","_initTrue","_init"];

_initTrue = false;
_zoneArray = [];
_selectedArray = (_this select 0 select 1);

_init = _this select 1;

hint format["%1",_init];
sleep 6;

_zoneID = (_this select 0 select 0);

sleep 1.5;

// Release Groups from _selectedArray defined

{
	_group = _x;

[_group] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup;

if (debug) then {[-1, {_selectedArray = _this select 0;	_group = _this select 1;hint format["Array is: %1 and Group is: 		%2",_selectedArray,_group];},[_selectedArray,_group]] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;};

waitUntil {_group getVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]};
	_group spawn _init;

} forEach _SelectedArray;

Example call:

null = [["z4",z4_groups],{[_this, getMarkerPos "RUK_MainTown", 70, 0] spawn CBA_fnc_taskDefend}] execVM "mission\removeDACgroup.sqf";

z4 = ZONE NAME that you are releasing from

z4_Groups = Name assigned in the DAC zone creation call [1,2,10,10,z4_groups] (Example of the infantry array).

This is a quick edit script with no error checking implemented, so follow the call to the letter! _this is the group, it always must be _this not this, else it wont exec on the soldier.

Edited by rexehuk

[_this, getMarkerPos "RUK_MainTown", 70, 0]

Can you explain this to me here? is "RUK_MainTown" the name of a map town or a marker u created?

Will ur script create 70 Waypoints - used by the Groups at this location? if yes - how is the radius placed for those waypoints? any parameters given there?

Sorry I sometimes need some time to understand arrays with things in it I see the first time

[_this, getMarkerPos "RUK_MainTown", 70, 0]

Can you explain this to me here? is "RUK_MainTown" the name of a map town or a marker u created?

Will ur script create 70 Waypoints - used by the Groups at this location? if yes - how is the radius placed for those waypoints? any parameters given there?

Sorry I sometimes need some time to understand arrays with things in it I see the first time

RUK_MainTown is indeed a marker, that script is just for releasing DAC groups into custom scripting really... not interested in using the DAC waypoint systems myself.

But will that marker work like in DAC ? The Markers radius keeps waypoints within to share them to the released groups?

Is there a way to let vehicles created in DAC have unlimited FUEL?

Because I have some long campaigns on the run which are filled with DAC zones - and I dont want to let travelling cars stop cause they dont have any fuel left?

Hello :)

Before I tell you the good news that DAC V3 was released, I would like to say thanks to my translators for the hard work.

Of course, my thanks go to my beta testers. They have helped me wonderfully and delivered enough feedback.

MANY THANKS !

<snip>

I hope you have the same fun as we had and still have.

Greetings from Germany

Silola

Hi Silola

Many, many thanks to you & your colleagues for this amazing work :yay:

I'm new to ArmA & have never scripted anything in any language, but already I've made several fairly hairy SP missions just by porting the DAC demo #19 "enemy contact" to various locations on Podagorsk & playing around with the configurations. The package of scripts/PBO, manuals & demos is utterly superb!

I have encountered a couple of issues:

Firstly, I gave myself (i.e. s1) a small team, no problem with that except that when I start to move out they are incredibly slow even if in delta formation (locked in "danger" mode?); and occasionally they don't move at all. I don't know if anyone else has found this - if so a workaround is to order delta formation, give them a "move" order, than immediately tell them to regroup. Would be nice not to have to do that. I'm using the stock "Behaviour" config from the demo mission # 19 - haven't dug far enough into things to want to tamper with that yet.

Secondly - and I can't find any workaround - is that after full initialisation, the vanilla team messages are either badly broken (very incomplete) or completely missing. Examples: after giving a "move" order, my character says only "Move" or nothing at all. "Regroup" and "Heal" orders get neither spoken nor acknowledged - but they are acted on. Warnings of sightings are reduced to just, e.g., "Man" or "APC"; obviously I don't know if there are some warnings completely missing (ahah - I can blame that for getting killed so often :)

Worst of all I never hear any messages from team mates who have been injured. Makes running a team of more than 9 virtually impossible. I haven't found any references to this. Only happens when running DAC.

I've tried disabling DAC sounds & turned all messages off but to no help.

I'm using vanilla ArmA II v1.08 with just the DAC & Map_EU mods loaded. Any ideas? This is quite a problem in game play.

Again, thank you so much for this brilliant package. I can't imagine how much effort it took but I can certainly recognise the skill and creativity employed :459:

BR

Orcinus

Edit: Resolved

Having upgraded to CO, I decided to rework the mission for OA units, testing ar different stages. It appears that I buggered something up when adding in both arti support & ground support - without those the sound is perfectly OK (never occurred to me that an error somewhere in a support script could screw up the player / player team speech).

Now all I have to do is figure out how to add in both ground support & artillery support calls for the player. Does anyone have a working example they could post?

TIA

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
New information

^^ there is NO reason not to update your arma2 to 1.10

:)

Thanks Kremator - actually I did that last night (& "x1.08" was a typo for v1.09). I hadn't had time to visit here or Arma2.com for the last few weeks, I didn't even know about Arma2free (applause to BIS!).

Unfortunately the patch hasn't changed the speech issue :(

BR

Orcinus

hey , ive been DAC for a mission ive been working on and in the editor it works fine , and if i host the mission myself ( and play on my own ) it works fine ... but as soon as i have someone else play the mission with me DAC does not work. ( unless they join once i have loaded it up by myself )

Im not sure if it is not being hosted on a dedi ( still not tried that yet ) or is there something im missing that is really obvious?

Any help on this would be great

thanks

Is there a way to let vehicles created in DAC have unlimited FUEL?

Because I have some long campaigns on the run which are filled with DAC zones - and I dont want to let travelling cars stop cause they dont have any fuel left?

Have a look at these threads, should help you solve the problem for user-placed units:

http://forums.bistudio.com/printthread.php?t=104823

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1356677&postcount=4

For DAC-spawned units I think you need to modify Config_Events so as to have all vehicles refuel at every waypoint; see the manual pp 49 & 50. You'll need to insert a little script to setFuel 1 for each vehicle in the second [] entry for each vehicle class (i.e. for wheeled &/or tracked) that you want to refuel. Depending on how far apart the DAC-generated waypoints are, you may need to insert some user waypoints on the longer legs (haven't got round to doing that myself thus far).

Someone less of a novice than I maybe can suggest other, better ways.

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Truncated post

I'm getting this error on my mission:

DAC_Config_Units > No valid config number = 10

Myself and MP testers have seen the numbers 16, and 5.

Any ideas.

I had DAC working a long time ago and have since done a full reinstall, and installed the mod via sixupdater.

Am I missing a file or something? I've just got the @DAC mod folder in my directory.... which is all I had back when it worked.

Thanks in advance.

hey , ive been DAC for a mission ive been working on and in the editor it works fine , and if i host the mission myself ( and play on my own ) it works fine ... but as soon as i have someone else play the mission with me DAC does not work. ( unless they join once i have loaded it up by myself )

Im not sure if it is not being hosted on a dedi ( still not tried that yet ) or is there something im missing that is really obvious?

Any help on this would be great

thanks

Hesitated to answer this as I've never hosted an MP game, but as no-one else has..

I think the hosting server has to be activated by loading a game before anyone can join (that's why it works after you load it up yourself). AIUI the server doesn't run in the background by default.

No idea how you would do it if you wanted to host a game but not play in it, if that's what you're trying to do.

BR

Orca

I'm getting this error on my mission:

DAC_Config_Units > No valid config number = 10

Myself and MP testers have seen the numbers 16, and 5.

Any ideas.

I had DAC working a long time ago and have since done a full reinstall, and installed the mod via sixupdater.

Am I missing a file or something? I've just got the @DAC mod folder in my directory.... which is all I had back when it worked.

Thanks in advance.

The problem would seem to be that there is no config 10 in the default DAC released DAC_Config_Units.sqf file. So, you either need to make one, use a different config number, or retrieve your old DAC_Config_Units.sqf file and use that.

Switched back to DAC v3 since that's what all the documentation is for and I need that stuff since I'm no expert. It's working brilliantly.

Thank you for the reply.

I keep getting an error that says:

"DAC has caused an error... The initialization has missed... Error number 7: Waypoints"

does anyone know how to fix this? I've checked all my zones and they all seem fine:

fun=[""z1"",[1,0,0],[5,3,100,30],[4,2,70,20],[2,1,60,20],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_1"",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_2"",[2,0,0],[4,2,40,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_3"",[2,0,0],[2,3,15,6],[2,2,15,6],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_4"",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_5"",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_6"",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_7"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_8"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z1_9"",[2,0,0],[2,2,20,7],[2,2,15,6],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2"",[1,0,0],[6,3,90,25],[4,2,70,20],[2,1,50,20],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_1"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_2"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_3"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_4"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_5"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_6"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_7"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z2_8"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3"",[1,0,0],[5,2,80,25],[4,2,70,15],[2,2,50,15],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_1"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_3"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_4"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_5"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_6"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_7"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z3_8"",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=[""z4"",[1,0,0],[6,2,70,25],[4,2,60,15],[2,1,50,15],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I keep getting an error that says:

"DAC has caused an error... The initialization has missed... Error number 7: Waypoints"

does anyone know how to fix this? I've checked all my zones and they all seem fine:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[5,3,100,30],[4,2,70,20],[2,1,60,20],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_1",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_2",[2,0,0],[4,2,40,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_3",[2,0,0],[2,3,15,6],[2,2,15,6],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_4",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_5",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_6",[2,0,0],[3,2,20,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_7",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_8",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z1_9",[2,0,0],[2,2,20,7],[2,2,15,6],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[6,3,90,25],[4,2,70,20],[2,1,50,20],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_1",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_2",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_3",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_4",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_5",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_6",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_7",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2_8",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[1,0,0],[5,2,80,25],[4,2,70,15],[2,2,50,15],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_1",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_3",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_4",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_5",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_6",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_7",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3_8",[2,0,0],[2,2,15,7],[2,2,15,7],[],[],[3,3,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z4",[1,0,0],[6,2,70,25],[4,2,60,15],[2,1,50,15],[],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone