Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

The other thing that may be stopping the waypoints being created may be a restriction on the object height in the first radius around the location. At the moment in config 0 it's set to 1.5 for infantry

:D

OK now you're showing off :)

What is that thing and where can I get it? :D

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

@Dmarkwick

Well, was hoping it was an easy fix. What is bad is, I even read the manual , and read about the waypoint config, but I couldn't make any sense of it. I tried some other configs, but I did not try the one with the check radius set to 0. I figured it was something to do with the wps. I just had no clue what.

Thanks for the help and the information

Nomadd

No probs, learned a few things myself on the way so it's all good stuff :)

I follow the instructions in the script tutorial and have also viewed the demos that came with the zip. Yet when I follow the instructions to set up a test using the information in the script instruction, I go to preview or load from Scenario menu, a message pops up telling me that the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf cannot be found (when I select 'external' DAC game logic).

As per instruction, I did everything up to putting the DAC file and init.sqf into the Mission folder. Nothing happens when using 'internal' DAC game logic, though it says DAC initialized.

I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

I follow the instructions in the script tutorial and have also viewed the demos that came with the zip. Yet when I follow the instructions to set up a test using the information in the script instruction, I go to preview or load from Scenario menu, a message pops up telling me that the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf cannot be found (when I select 'external' DAC game logic).

As per instruction, I did everything up to putting the DAC file and init.sqf into the Mission folder. Nothing happens when using 'internal' DAC game logic, though it says DAC initialized.

Post up the mission.

My guess...

Trigger has one/all the following errors

1. Condition is this and not time > 0

2. Activation is not game logic

3. Trigger not on repeated

OK now you're showing off.

What is that thing and where can I get it?

It's the new DACCE I've nearly finished.

Main.png

You have libraries of things

Unit_Library.png

Weapon_Library.png

Which you combine into Configs

Unit_Config.png

Creator_Config.png

Magnificent!

that looks awesome!! great work

Indeed, looking very nice and will certainly make using DAC in missions a lot easier for people not quite upto speed with it at the moment.

Finally getting the hang of DAC... Scripting is a good exercise in paying attention to detail. That DACCE program looks to make it alot simpler. I like that.

How "nearly finished" is it? :)

THINGS IT DOES.

• It stores all the data, once you set up a config option such as a set of units it remains between sessions so you can re-use it in as many different missions as you want.
  • It outputs the config files, from a single glance each they look OK but haven't been tested or closely examined.
  • When you add a config item it cascades down adding any referred items, that's what the blue lines on the mission screen are supposed to represent.

THINGS STILL TO DO.

• Finish up the Mission screen to add 'Create Files' buttons and stuff.
  • I need to look at adding the script calls so you can just copy and paste them. Not sure on this yet as I haven't actually used DAC for quite a long time.
  • It's written in MS Access 2003 so you need to have it, or have the runtime files for it. They are available but I don't have a licence to distribute them so that is legally questionable. There are Access 2007 runtime files that are freely downloadable from MS but I haven't tested it using them. I'll need someone to do this for me as all of my PC's have Access installed.

I was also thinking that since there is all that information collected there it would be easy to make some utilities, such as a weapon box filling script generator or a personal equipment one.

Scott

first off all i have to say realy great job is done on this

i got one question though

i might have missed it (in the read me or the forums) but is there a way to turn off all the info on the screen while playing ? (info like "(name) : rus_soldier has been deleted at 217m " or "Arti west was canceld reason 7" )

Under which circumstances will a spawn camp cease spawning further groups, i. e. how can you destroy a camp?

Do the players have to kill the group guarding the camp and/or the AI crewing static weapons and/or destroy certain buildings which belong to the camp?

@supergruntsb78

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1847876&postcount=657

@zwobot

From the readme. "If the group of a camp is extinguished, also the remaining spawns are lost." So I think if you kill all the units in the camp the respawn will stop.

In the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf you can change how close you can get to the camp for it to stop respawning units.

Page 34 in the readme.

DAC_AI_Spawn = [[10,30,10],[20,60,15],0,360,100,0]

The basic settings and delay times of the AI-Respawn are given here. It is mandatory to have at least one

DAC-Camp generated for the AI-Respawn to work at all.

1. Respawn delay for infantry = seconds min. + random variation + idling period until next respawn is allowed at camp

2. Respawn delay for vehicles = seconds min. + random variation + idling period until next respawn is allowed at camp

3. Respawn global = 0, Respawn local = 1

4. Optional respawn camp destruction once no more respawns are available:

0 = Camp objects will stay, >0 = seconds until self destruction starts

5. Minimum required distance of all player units to a respawn camp. If player units get closer than that no respawns will

be executed meanwhile.

6. Behaviour of the Respwan-camps when no more respawn available (to hold arti-support for example).

0 = The camp group will give up the camp, 1 = The Camp Group will continue to guard the camp

@becubed

Good job, that looks like a useful thing.

Edited by zigzag

Thanks zigzag. I lower my head in shame for not rtfm properly :o

I have two questions.

1. I'm using my own waypoints (4 waypoints) inside of DAC Zone. Which parameters of WP have I to use ?

fun=["z2", [2,0,0], [1,1,x,y], [], [], [], [1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

x, y ?

This:

fun=["z2", [2,0,0], [1,1,4,4], [], [], [], [1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

method is working but I don't want to have random WP, so I thought to use

fun=["z2", [2,0,0], [1,1,1,4], [], [], [], [1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

but it doesn't work correctly - bots use two waypoins only

2. Second question - How to force bots to use your own custom WPs in a sequence of creating that WPs? For example now bots can move in this sequence 2->4->1->3->2 etc.

Bots cannot patrol a city street and road. Instead they choose points randomly and the full chaos is created.

Edited by Prodavec

Great tool. After being intimidated by it initially, I'm trying to learn it now after using UPSMON only up until now.

Couple of questions though, having trouble getting an Armored zone created on Lingor. Specifically the peninsula labeled Pista. I see some folks a few pages back talking about having issues getting waypoints/units to spawn on these 'jungle' maps...

is this always the case, or can you at least sometimes get tanks and APCs on those maps.... ? Has anybody got tanks on that peninsula? (I tried that [0,0,0,11,4] thing that DMarkwick mentioned, but that didn't seem to get me any tanks). Would be a bummer if we can't use DAC to get wheeled and tracked enemies on Lingor.

Also, is it possible to force DAC units to stay in their zone, even if they know where I'm at? So if I decide to put my tail between my legs and run away, they do not chase me?

All it does is use a different waypoint config, one where a search radius for soldier waypoints is 0 meters :)

In fact the first thing I did was to alter the config case 0 in the DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqf and just gave very low values for the soldier waypoint search radii, then noticed there was already such a config. Either way you decide to do it, it now works :) Altering the case 0 means that you don't need the extra zone parameter.

@R.Flagg

The answer is there, think about what the problem was and how DMarkwick solved it, dont just copy paste some numbers without thinking.

Also check page 43 in the readme for more information.

Sorry if im sounding harsh, just want you to learn :)

Edited by zigzag

So much posts and members in this topic and nobody can help me? :-/

If you don't want to explain what should I do just gimme link to documentation where I can find answers for my questions.

@Prodavec

Not sure about the first question, but "fun=["z2", [2,0,0], [1,1,1,4], [], [], [], [1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone" should make the AI use more than two waypoints.

2. I dont know if its possible to make the AI follow the waypoint in a certain order if you use DAC, why do you need DAC for that?

If you want the units to be able to call support and so like DAC units does, you can place your units and its waypoint and use a trigger(detected by) and on activation you put.

[group,1,[z1,z2],10,1,1,[1,1,1],0,false] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup

More information in the readme page 25.

That will make them join the DAC zone when they are under attack or see some enemy, and they can do everything the DAC AI can do except spawn when they get killed.

Edited by zigzag

@R.Flagg

The answer is there, think about what the problem was and how DMarkwick solved it, dont just copy paste some numbers without thinking.

Also check page 43 in the readme for more information.

Sorry if im sounding harsh, just want you to learn :)

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it. But, are you sure the answer is there? Have you gotten tanks to spawn there?

Because if you mean adjusting to lower numbers in the config case - yes, I've tried that. If you mean trying to start with 1 group and 1 waypoint - yes, I've tried that. Still trying various combination, but so far, can't get a single tank to spawn on the entire peninsula.

Thank you for reply zigzag

@Prodavec

Not sure about the first question, but "fun=["z2", [2,0,0], [1,1,1,4], [], [], [], [1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone" should make the AI use more than two waypoints.

It doesn't work for me.

I tried to use different values and found if you want to use your own waypoints only and do not want to use autogenerated waypoints you have to set:

[1,1,<total waypoints>,<waypoints per group>]

<total waypoints> = total of your custom waypoints in the DAC zone

<waypoints per group> = total of your custom waypoints in the DAC zone

As you can see it is two same values and [1,1,4,4] works fine if you have 4 points, or [1,1,15,15] if you have 15 custom waypoints, etc.

If you set [1,1,8,4], DAC will generate additional four random waypoints and AI groups will use 4 custom waypoints and 4 autogenerated.

I don't know is it correct but at least it works.

2. I dont know if its possible to make the AI follow the waypoint in a certain order if you use DAC, why do you need DAC for that?

If you want the units to be able to call support and so like DAC units does, you can place your units and its waypoint and use a trigger(detected by) and on activation you put.

More information in the readme page 25.

That will make them join the DAC zone when they are under attack or see some enemy, and they can do everything the DAC AI can do except spawn when they get killed.

My idea consists in that to create patrol groups with different structure and lite ammunition. Also there are a lot of small patrol groups in the map - it is simulating captured island by angry russians :). But DAC has very powerfull tool - it can save server perfomance and DAC spawns full group when enemy is in desired radius.

So I can make patrols, main forces and civilians.

I have found the most simple way to realise - just to force DAC groups to use custom WP only and in a certain order.

I will read 25th page more attentively.