Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Maybe someone can help me with this.

I looked at the demo script mission of sector control. I want to black the screen and hold everything until DAC has finished initializing. I put this in my Init.sqf ,

titleText [format["Countdown [A]\n=======================\n\n\n\nThe Battlefield is being generated . . . please wait."], "BLACK OUT",0.1];

Waituntil {time > 10};

waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

titleText ["", "BLACK IN",2];

The black screen and text shows up but only for about a sec, then you are in the game. I want to stay at the black screen until DAC has finished creating its zones.

I am using this for MP, local hosted, maybe it would be better to try this from a trigger , I am not sure. If someone can help me or if someone has a demo mission of this working.

Nomadd

EDIT: Well I tried this with triggers and it works, not sure why it would not run from the init.sqf.

Edited by Nomadd

Maybe someone can help me with this.

I looked at the demo script mission of sector control. I want to black the screen and hold everything until DAC has finished initializing. I put this in my Init.sqf ,

The black screen and text shows up but only for about a sec, then you are in the game. I want to stay at the black screen until DAC has finished creating its zones.

I am using this for MP, local hosted, maybe it would be better to try this from a trigger , I am not sure. If someone can help me or if someone has a demo mission of this working.

Nomadd

EDIT: Well I tried this with triggers and it works, not sure why it would not run from the init.sqf.

You can't use time based commands from the init. That goes for any init field, not just the mission's. However, you can call a script that then has time based commands.

Hi,

Is it possible to insert the option that AI don't use smoke grenades because of performance lag. Currently there is no option, isn't it?

Tino

My script either releases units and keeps the zone, or releases units and deletes the zone, from the test I've done (the DAC ver hasn't changed) the zone delete worked fine (disappeared when using 2,2,2 com values and DAC_Marker = 1.

One thing is this [(position player),100,100,0,0,

I have not used this syntax before, perhaps you could enlighten me?

I take it you're waiting for DAC to finish INIT before deleting it right? This is due to most of the scripts having failsafes built in to prevent conflicts, i.e. DAC still init or DAC creating a zone etc.

Full list of variables is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112701

Thanks for that rexehuk.

[(position player),100,100,0,0, means that dac_fnewzone creates a 100x100m circular zone centered on the player.

@DMarkwick

Thanks for the info, that answers my mystery.

Nomadd

"# AI conquers buildings"

One thing I notice about playing ARMA 2 is that the AI never goes into buildings for cover, never fires from inside buildings, even though all those spaces are open for use. The only time the AI enters a building is if they pursue me while I'm inside.

And the AI acts very rigid, in that they turn to face me in a very robotic way. Their reactions are not as fast as it is in some games. They seem slower and sluggish in close quarters.

Can anyone help me with his please? I have a logic with this setdir 1 in the init. I have waypoints from this logic to wear I want pawn units to head. They however do not. How do I make the AI in this DAC Zone ONLY use the waypoints I have given them? Thanks

Can anyone help me with his please? I have a logic with this setdir 1 in the init. I have waypoints from this logic to wear I want pawn units to head. They however do not. How do I make the AI in this DAC Zone ONLY use the waypoints I have given them? Thanks

Stupid mistake I first made with this was creating a location instead of game logic. So in Insert Unit dialog first choose Side: Game logic and then Class: Objects.

Also if your game logic has 20 waypoints you have to have same amount defined in DAC script call.

When using the editor, I no longer even see the "Game Logic" selection on the unit menu. How do I get that back?

When using the editor, I no longer even see the "Game Logic" selection on the unit menu. How do I get that back?

You must have a player unit placed to see those options, same goes for empty category etc.

Do you have a player in the mission? you need one to place empty units and I think it's the same for gamelogics.

Edit: rexehuk was faster.

hey guys, just thought to say DAC is awesome!! building missions is so easy and dynamic..

just need a bit of help though with trying to create zones mid mission using DAC_fNewZone.

I have a deactivated zone on start up ("qx1") and it is activated successfully with units earlier in a script as part of me testing. I then create the ("Z1") zone 5 secs later in the same script.

i can see the ("Z1") zone be created after the initilisation on the map yet no units appear.

waituntil{DAC_NewZone == 0};
zoneb = [qx1] call DAC_Activate;
hint "QX1 is launched";
//QX1 is a trigger with init ['qx1',[1,1,0],[2,3,10,3],[],[],[],[0,2,0,0]] spawn dac_zone;

sleep(5);

_pos1 = getMarkerPos "ops_area";
_values = ["z1",[1,0,0],[5,2,30,4],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0]];
zonea = [(_pos1),50,50,1,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone;
hint "z1 is created";

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I took the example in the readme and got the same result. creating just the zone yet with no units in it.

I used DAC_Extern with default config folders supplied from the RAR file following the instructions supplied.

any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

I need more explanation about the DAC release group and the GL4 initialization.

I create a Dac zone with only 3 group, then I want to release this group (no problem) and I want GL4 take the behaviour of these units (here the problem).

How to do that one group use the static group behaviour of GL4 and the other goup the custom group behaviour of GL4?

Normally, I need to put in the init line of the group "cg1 = group this" for the custom group.

I use the script version of GL4.

Aze

Not sure if Silola is still around or if someone else can answer this.

Been trying to make some missions on "jungle" type maps and have found a problem.

I have tested this with both the script version and PBO version of DAC. I also tested this on Lowlands map, SEA map, Lingor map, and MBG_nam map, all have thick jungle areas. Also, only testing with infantry.

Create a DAC zone in the think jungle area. Try to keep the zone just in the jungle area. DAC gives an error every time that it is not suitable for infantry.(it can't create the wps) Move the zone to a non-jungle area and DAC works fine.

Create a zone over jungle and open area, DAC will work but it takes along time for it to create the WPs and then the groups will never start in the jungle areas only the open terrain areas.

I would love to get DAC working on jungle maps, since there are so many good jungle maps out there.

Nomadd

Not sure if Silola is still around or if someone else can answer this.

Been trying to make some missions on "jungle" type maps and have found a problem.

I have tested this with both the script version and PBO version of DAC. I also tested this on Lowlands map, SEA map, Lingor map, and MBG_nam map, all have thick jungle areas. Also, only testing with infantry.

Create a DAC zone in the think jungle area. Try to keep the zone just in the jungle area. DAC gives an error every time that it is not suitable for infantry.(it can't create the wps) Move the zone to a non-jungle area and DAC works fine.

Create a zone over jungle and open area, DAC will work but it takes along time for it to create the WPs and then the groups will never start in the jungle areas only the open terrain areas.

I would love to get DAC working on jungle maps, since there are so many good jungle maps out there.

Nomadd

It's definately the infantry that's giving you the problems? That sounds unusual, infantry wp are usually the most forgiving. Have you tried reducing the number of waypoints right down to give more chance of success? From there we might find a solution.

Edited by DMarkwick

It need some space for the waypoints.

Try creating less waypoint or try putting the waypoints with a gamelogic.

@Dmarkwick and Zigzag

I have tried many combination's. I have made call for only 2 groups with 3-4 units and a pool of 10 wp using 4 wp per group . exp [2,3,10,4]. I have tried a bigger pool or WP's 30 and even higher. I have tried more and less WP per group. I have tried making the zone bigger and smaller, but still keeping it in the dense jungle area. It seems to make no difference. I have not tested wheeled or tanks, but I really don't want to spawn them in dense jungle. It would be silly, but I may try it just to test them.

DAC gives a hard error, saying it cannot create the zone. Have to click continue to get past it. Take the same zone and move it to an open area , it works perfect.

This only seems to happen on really dense "jungle" maps. Chernarus, Utes, Duala, Everon, Takistan, Zargabad all seem to work fine.

I know I tested this exactly the same way on Chernarus, in a dense forest area and DAC worked perfect.

This is something else, I have tested this over and over. I posted this a long time ago , but still can get it to work right. It only happens with armor

if you try and spawn exp [1,1,10,5], 1 group and 1 unit (change DAC_config_creator, AI_count_level to [1,1]. It will not spawn one armor, but if you change it to [2,2] in config. One armor will spawn. I have also changed it to [4,4] and [6,12] but I never get more than 3 armor at the most, sometimes it is just one. This mainly seems to happen with the script version. I need to tested it with the pbo.

What is strange is it only seems to be armor that is affected, everything else spawns according to the parameters I set. I also used Silola's tip of putting this in the Dac_config_event ,"player sidechat format[""%1"",typeof _vehc]", and turning it on in the script call. That way it lists what is spawned.

Just curious if anyone else noticed this

Nomadd

Start with one waypoint and see if that works, then work your way up untill you see that DAC cant place any more waypoints.

It does not matter how many waypoints you give per group, all groups are using the same waypoints.

DAC needs space to put the waypoints so maybe you just cant use it where you want.

Did you try putting you own waypoints with a gamelogic?

I made a couple of demo missions. One is script version the other is PBO.

I have four zones, zone 1 is the one in dense jungle. Zone2 is an exact copy of zone1 and it works fine. Script version and PBO version both fail on Zone 1. Maybe, I am missing something very simple.

I also added the armor spawn, Zone3 and Zone 4. Zone 3 has one group with one unit, nothing will spawn, Zone 4 is one group with 2 units, one armor will spawn.

I labeled the zones in the mission. To try and make it easier to understand. The PBO version is using extern logic. I wanted to trun on markers in the zones and also be able to change the DAC_AI_count_level.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20008555/DAC+zone+test.rar

Nomadd

Edit: did a bit more testing. switched to intern logic on PBO and armor is spawning correctly now, but zone is dense jungle still does not work. I also change zone in jungle to 1 group with 1 wp, still does not work

Edited by Nomadd

Well I'm sure we can crack it, worst case scenario is that the jungle density is just too dense and we need to alter whatever waypoint placing algorithm is the problem so that it ignores vegetation.

What's so beautiful about DAC is that it lets you set up combat environments that are so natural, so convincing, and so intense, yet completely unplanned and unscripted. With ACE mod loaded and just two DAC respawning zones placed near the "old fields" in Chernarus, I created and witnessed an epic struggle between US and Russian troops. I saw roadside ambushes with infantry mounting and dismounting from trucks, fellow squads coming to each other's aid, and close-quarters firefights with smoke grenades. The cries of battle that come with the DAC addon are just icing on the cake. ;)

So, once again, thank you for making this addon. :)

OK, the fix is very simple, and in fact is not a fix but part of its intended use :) below is the fixed zone call with the new part highlighted:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[2,2,10,2],[],[],[],[0,0,0,11,4]] spawn DAC_Zone;

All it does is use a different waypoint config, one where a search radius for soldier waypoints is 0 meters :)

In fact the first thing I did was to alter the config case 0 in the DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqf and just gave very low values for the soldier waypoint search radii, then noticed there was already such a config. Either way you decide to do it, it now works :) Altering the case 0 means that you don't need the extra zone parameter.

Edited by DMarkwick

The other thing that may be stopping the waypoints being created may be a restriction on the object height in the first radius around the location. At the moment in config 0 it's set to 1.5 for infantry

Waypoints.png

:D

@Dmarkwick

Well, was hoping it was an easy fix. What is bad is, I even read the manual , and read about the waypoint config, but I couldn't make any sense of it. I tried some other configs, but I did not try the one with the check radius set to 0. I figured it was something to do with the wps. I just had no clue what.

Thanks for the help and the information

Nomadd