Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

@CombatComm

No, I think you misunderstood my question. i am using takistani rebels through the internal logic which works fine. Im just wondering if I can setbehavior to limited speed on them while still using the intern.

I think you did not read page 33.

DAC_Single_Config = ["Behaviour"]

Then change the behaviour config and add it to you mission folder.

You can use this

DAC_Single_Config = ["Units","Behaviour","Arti"]

if you want more than one config.

You are right I did not. I apologize. THank you VERY much for the info. Now if I edit the the behavior for all cases to only use [limited] would they use limited even if they were shot or under fire i wonder?

Again, I jumped the gun. I just needed to read on. It says in the readme that this is how the AI act in there zones before enemy contact. Disregard.

But it still does not work for some reason. I still see team leaders running out in the distance. I dont understand. Zeus maybe?

Edited by CombatComm

Dunno if anyone noticed this:

If the DAC arty spends all of it's ammo, it will finish the current strike (you will see no firing, just explosions) and becomes unavailable for further strikes.

I made an edit of the script that the arty has unlimited ammo.

@rexehuk

Hi….sorry, i ve been busy for a long time. What do you mean with

Did you place the gamelogic with waypoints...?

No, i’m starting it with a script from a trigger?!

Oh....maybe i missed your hint:

I then forced it down using a gameLogic so that the game always started in a position I defined.

What do you mean? Do i spawn the DAC_zone (fun=[...]) from the init of the logic?

And what do you mean with

Place an AND waypoint where you want your camp to go off of the gamelogic.

Sorry im not that editing genius....

After searching the thread for a solution I have to ask. How do you keep the initialization message from coming up if you know the mission you have set up is working properly? Thanks in advance and my apologies if I have overlooked the answer.

@purpheart23

Page 35 in the readme.

DAC_Com_Values = [1,2,0]

With this array you enable/disable the output of system messages:

- The DAC system messages give you information about groups being reduced, units being deleted,

zones being moved, groups being respawned, etc.

- During DAC initialization a popup hint will display waypoint & unit generation details aswell as DAC

initialization time.

- DAC radio messages will inform you about actions/reactions of the AI, i.e. groups calling out contacts,

request reinforcements, loose contacts, etc.

1. DAC System messages: 0 = deactivated, 1 = activated

2. DAC Initialization-Hint: 0 = deactivated, 1 = minimal, 2 = maximal

3. DAC Radio messages: 0 = Messages deactivated, 1 = opposing activated, 2 = friendly activated, 3 = all activated

Here's a quick question.

In the Marker config there are 8 entries in the _setSideColor entry but only seven are described in the notes. Anyone know what the eighth one is? Maybe Artillery?

Ok I got something. The above issues with AI not following my custom Dac_behaviour stemed from zeus. Weird.

Anyway my next question is as follows can someone critique my script call for a mine field using ACE objects. I feel like I got everything right but they just aren't spawning. Thanks in advance

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

case 10:

{

_Object_Pool = [

[3,1],

["ACE_Pomz_M",1,0,0,0,0,"",[0,"ColorBlack"]],

["ACE_BBetty_M",1,0,0,0,0,"",[0,"ColorBlack"]]

];

};

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the script call

null= ["Z15",300,0,0,10,0,[25],"Mine"] spawn DAC_Objects

The only thing I see missing from my script is a valid object array but I didnt see any cooresponding object names in the config in the readme examples so I took this as not neccesary. I guess Ill try just putting one in there.

EDIT- WOW I always seem to figure things out right after I post a question making me look retarded. It needs the array. I dont know what the object names mean but there it is. Let this be a lesson for someone having the same issue in the future.

EDIT2-Wow, im talking to myself now. But I was VERY dissapointed to learn ACE objects cannot be generated by DAC. Strange since its bundled with ace but both mines were "bad objects" :(

Edited by CombatComm

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for making this script pack. I'm loving it already. :yay: :cool: :bounce3: :coop: and other happy emotions.

So I've been using DAC for quite a while now and am perplexed as to why the following simple trigger to create/delete a zone does not work.

Basically, an bluefor should set it off, creating a 50m zone around the player with a few other bluefor (for test purposes).

Upon leaving the trigger, the zone should be deleted.

Anyway, the trigger 1/2 works in that a zone is created, but I cannot get it to delete again.

Basically I want to be able to populate Fallujah with civilians and the occasional enemies, without having to create millions of waypoints at the start. Any help appreciated!

dacn.jpg

Can you get it to work using two seperate triggers? That way we'll know if it's a scripting problem or a trigger problem.

Nah, doesn't work if I placed the zone deletion in a separate trigger either. Strangely enough, [z1] call dac_deactivate works. Just no luck deleting it.

Hmm. Maybe as a workaround then, deactivate, move, reactivate. Not really solving the problem, but getting around it.

Remove quotes from the Z1 delete statement.

Sorry, should have mentioned that I tried it and it didn't work.

I have a question, and if it has been answered I apologize I did not find it.

I have multiple editor placed groups, running Bin_taskpatrol.sqf or Bin_Taskdefend.sqf. I have them placed in certain towns/areas that I want them to stay at. I am running DAC over the whole map and would like to integrate the groups.

I know how to integrate, the question I have is, will the groups continue to use the taskdefend/taskpatrol, or will DAC take over and assign new waypoints moving them from the towns/areas I have placed them?

I know I can make small DAC zones for each Town/Area but I would like to just integrate (map wide DAC zone, it is a large search mission) and the units stay put. I would like to use DAC on the editor groups to get the all the benefits DAC offers, but not have them leave where I put them.

I love have the randomness with DAC, I never know where or what I will be fighting. I just need to make sure in some towns\areas there will be a fight.

Hope I have explained this well enough

Nomadd

Hi,

thanks a lot for DAC.

Can I also spawn and delete static units I placed in the mission editor for a better performance? If not how can i realize it? Is there another Mod for that "problem"?

Tino

Hey all. I have a logic with this setdir 1 in the init. I have waypoints from this logic to wear I want pawn units to head. They however do not. How do I make the AI in this DAC Zone ONLY use the waypoints I have given them? Thanks

Sorry, should have mentioned that I tried it and it didn't work.

I've been doing some more experimenting and it seems that at least for me the dac_fdeletezone is just plain broken. I tried spawning and deleting zones via scripting rather than triggers, and in every case deleting the zone totally failed to remove the units that had been spawned.

Has anyone else had any success with this command, and if so could you please enlighten this frustrated DAC user.

I've had no issues with this at all using my script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112745

Works fine for me.

Thanks mate I'll test it out. I'm truly hoping it's just something I'm doing wrong!

edit: So does your script actually remove the units associated with the deleted zone?

Edited by tpw

Rexehuk, here's a little test script I wrote:

sleep 5;
hint format ["%1",DAC_CheckZones];
[(position player),100,100,0,0,["z1",[1,0,0],[2,2,10,5],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]]] call DAC_fNewZone ;
sleep 5;
[z1] call dac_deactivate;
sleep 5;
["z1"] call DAC_fDeleteZone; 
sleep 5;

Basically at each step a hint window pops up showing the zones:

So it starts as [] (no zone)

Then after the zone is spawned: ["z1"]

After the zone is deactivated and the units disappear: ["z1"]

After the zone is deleted: ["z1"] - ie zone "z1" is not being deleted for some reason

I'm currently running CO, beta 77819, and get this behaviour with no other mods except CBA 0.73

I'm running DAC3, module version, called with DAC_intern logic so I haven't screwed the configs.

Could you or someone please run this little script with your setup and tell me if it works. Thanks

Thanks mate I'll test it out. I'm truly hoping it's just something I'm doing wrong!

edit: So does your script actually remove the units associated with the deleted zone?

My script either releases units and keeps the zone, or releases units and deletes the zone, from the test I've done (the DAC ver hasn't changed) the zone delete worked fine (disappeared when using 2,2,2 com values and DAC_Marker = 1.

One thing is this [(position player),100,100,0,0,

I have not used this syntax before, perhaps you could enlighten me?

I take it you're waiting for DAC to finish INIT before deleting it right? This is due to most of the scripts having failsafes built in to prevent conflicts, i.e. DAC still init or DAC creating a zone etc.

Full list of variables is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112701