Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Page 21 in the readme.

Yeah, I have the readme printed out. I'm not seeing anything that tells me how to initiate it in the way I've described I want. I'm not a scripter or programmer by profession, so what I was hoping for were some examples of exactly how to implement this.

I'm no expert, but one way I can think of would be like this:

Set up 2 zones.

z1 to spawn units immediately:

fun = ["z1",[1,0,0], etc etc] spawn dac_zone

z2 to not spawn units (yet):

fun = ["z1",[1,1,0], etc etc] spawn dac_zone

Over the top of z1 place a trigger set to activate when no opfor are present. In its on activation field put [z2] call dac_activate

Start your mission in z1. Once you've ahem, neutralised everyone, the trigger should then spawn enemies in z2.

I'm no expert, but one way I can think of would be like this:

Set up 2 zones.

z1 to spawn units immediately:

fun = ["z1",[1,0,0], etc etc] spawn dac_zone

z2 to not spawn units (yet):

fun = ["z1",[1,1,0], etc etc] spawn dac_zone

Over the top of z1 place a trigger set to activate when no opfor are present. In its on activation field put [z2] call dac_activate

Start your mission in z1. Once you've ahem, neutralised everyone, the trigger should then spawn enemies in z2.

If you start the mission with this trigger , there is no opfore in z1. ?! they will generated by DAC some seconds later ... or not ?! :butbut:

-------

I still want to display the information from "Sector fight" , "Dac Arti" and "Support Calls" in one box. in the right top corner ..... any idea guys ?!?!?

using the PBO version ...

If you start the mission with this trigger , there is no opfore in z1. ?! they will generated by DAC some seconds later ... or not ?! :butbut:

There are 3 triggers in this scenario. The trigger for z1, one for z2, and lastly another trigger which goes over the top of z1. When you start this mission, DAC will calculate waypoints for z1 and z2, but will only spawn units for z1 (may take up to a few minutes depending on how many waypoints and units). Not until the 3rd trigger detects that there are no opfor left in z1 will it then spawn the units in z2.

@rexehuk

Originally Posted by K I N G View Post

This is really an amazing tool. Real good. But tested it and got the following issue:

I start the zone z3 with "fun=["z3",[2,0,0],[8,2,1,8],[2,2,20,4],[],[1,2,50,0,100,10],[0,0,0,11]] spawn DAC_Zone", but the zone has a lot of wood in it and i get the following error message when i start the mission:

WP search was interrupted.

Zone z3 is not suitable for unit type (Camp).

Error number:7 (Waypoints)

So obviously, my camp is to big to be created in the zone. I do not understand this, because i use only a logic as base: [...]

Is there a way to get the units created in or near a wood area?

Creating a LOGIC camp will not work, atleast when I tried it... My solution was the following.

// Takistani Army 
 case 7:
 {
   _campBasic     = ["FlagCarrierTKMilitia_EP1",["Land_Campfire",8,5,0],["Land_tent_east",5,0,0],["Logic",10,15,0],0];
   _campAmmo      = [["LocalBasicWeaponsBox",10,2,0],["LocalBasicAmmunitionBox",10,-4,0]];
   _campStatic    = [];
   _campAddUnit   = [];
   _campUserObj   = [["Land_Antenna",5,-5,45],["Logic",17,35,0],["Logic",17,20,0],["Logic",47,0,0],["Logic",27,0,0],["Logic",17,-35,0],["Logic",17,-20,0]];
   _campRandomObj = [];
   _campWall      = [];
   _campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];
 };

I then forced it down using a gameLogic so that the game always started in a position I defined.

Unfortunately it is not working. i still get the error message that z1 is not suitable for a camp.

@rexehuk

Unfortunately it is not working. i still get the error message that z1 is not suitable for a camp.

Did you place the gamelogic with waypoints...?

Make a gamelogic IN the zone with this in its init line - this setDir 5

Place an AND waypoint where you want your camp to go off of the gamelogic.

Edited by rexehuk

Question - Do AI mods like zeus effect AI created by DAC or is the AI run soley based on DAC scripting? Thanks

Question - Do AI mods like zeus effect AI created by DAC or is the AI run soley based on DAC scripting? Thanks

Yes AI mods work. If you're using it with GL4 you will get the best experience as the mod is built to work with it. On groups entering/exiting DAC variables are passed which GL4 recognises.

Hi! I totally love DAC! It's brilliant! Works perfect, altough...

I'm having some trouble getting BAF and UN configs to work with my DAC 3.0c. I copy pasted all of your configs to DAC_Config_Units.sqf and made them look like the original cases, took away the spaces and so on.

Example:

//-------------------------------------------------------------(BRITISH FORCES DESERT CAMO)---------------------------------------------------

case 18:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["BAF_Soldier_AA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAA_DDPM","BAF_ Soldier_AAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AHAT_DDPM","BAF_Sol dier_AAR_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AMG_DDPM","BAF_Soldier _AT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_HAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AR_D DPM","BAF_crewman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","BAF _Soldier_GL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_FAC_DDPM","BAF_Sold ier_MG_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_scout_DDPM","BAF_Soldier _Marksman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","BAF_Sold ier_Officer_DDPM","BAF_Pilot_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_DD PM","BAF_ASoldier_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM","BAF_ Soldier_N_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_SL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier _TL_DDPM","CIV_Contractor1_BAF","CIV_Contractor2_B AF"];

_Unit_Pool_V = ["BAF_ATV_D","BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D","BAF_Jackal2_L 2A1_ D","BAF_Offroad_D"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["BAF_FV510_D"];

_Unit_Pool_A = ["BAF_Apache_AH1_D","CH_47F_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC 3_D" ,"AW159_Lynx_BAF"];

_Unit_Pool_U = [];

};

//-------------------------------------------------------------(BRITISH FORCES WOODLAND CAMO)---------------------------------------------------

Altough whenever DAC starts initiation it says ""Error: DAC_Config_Units > No valid config number".

My DAC zone looks like this: fun=["z3",[3,1,0],[6,3,10,15],[],[5,1,2,10],[],[1,18,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

I have DAC folder with DAC_Config_Units.sqf in it at D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Missions\DAC

Can any of you guys see why there is a error?

Edited by pepmoo

Yes, it's because there are random spaces sprinkled throughout the unit pools.

eg "BA F _Soldier_GL_DDPM" instead of "BAF _Soldier_GL_DDPM". Just go through and clean up the unit pools to remove any spaces in unit names, and you should be laughing.

Yes, it's because there are random spaces sprinkled throughout the unit pools.

eg "BA F _Soldier_GL_DDPM" instead of "BAF _Soldier_GL_DDPM". Just go through and clean up the unit pools to remove any spaces in unit names, and you should be laughing.

Thank you for your reply. :)

Yes if it would be that simple. I've looked through the config and it must be some kind of a forum bug when you paste? In the config all spaces are correct and look exactly like "vanilla DAC 3.0c" unit cases.

Ah well! Actually this was a problem for me when I tried creating baf stuff in dac. Try these:

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//BRITISH FORCES (DESERT CAMO)
case 17:
{
_Unit_Pool_S = [
"BAF_Soldier_AA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAT_DDPM",
"BAF_Soldier_AHAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAR_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AMG_DDPM",
"BAF_Soldier_AT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_HAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AR_DDPM",
"BAF_crewman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM",
"BAF_Soldier_FAC_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_MG_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_scout_DDPM",
"BAF_Soldier_Marksman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDP M","BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM",
"BAF_Pilot_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_DDPM","BAF_ASoldier_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM",
"BAF_Soldier_N_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_SL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_TL_DDPM"
];
_Unit_Pool_V = [ "BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D","BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_ D","BAF_Offroad_D"
];
_Unit_Pool_T = [ "BAF_FV510_D"
];
_Unit_Pool_A = [ "BAF_Apache_AH1_D","CH_47F_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC3_D" ,"AW159_Lynx_BAF"
];
_Unit_Pool_U = [];
};

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//(BRITISH FORCES (WOODLAND CAMO)
case 18: 
{
_Unit_Pool_S = [
"BAF_Soldier_AA_W","BAF_Soldier_AAA_W","BAF_Soldier_AAT_W",
"BAF_Soldier_AHAT_W","BAF_Soldier_AAR_W","BAF_Soldier_AMG_W",
"BAF_Soldier_AT_W","BAF_Soldier_HAT_W","BAF_Soldier_AR_W",
"BAF_crewman_W","BAF_Soldier_EN_W","BAF_Soldier_GL _W",
"BAF_Soldier_FAC_W","BAF_Soldier_MG_W","BAF_Soldier_scout_W",
"BAF_Soldier_Marksman_W","BAF_Soldier_Medic_W","BAF_Soldier_Officer_W",
"BAF_Pilot_W","BAF_Soldier_W","BAF_ASoldier_W","BAF_Soldier_L_W",
"BAF_Soldier_N_W","BAF_Soldier_SL_W","BAF_Soldier_TL_W"
];
_Unit_Pool_V = [ "BAF_Jackal2_GMG_W","BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_ W","BAF_Offroad_W"
];
_Unit_Pool_T = [ "BAF_FV510_W"
];
_Unit_Pool_A = [ "BAF_Apache_AH1_D","CH_47F_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC3_D" ,"AW159_Lynx_BAF"
];
_Unit_Pool_U = [];
};

Edit: These pasted in with no spaces. Go figure!

Are you using the "external" DAC logic unit? Do you actually have a case 18 in your config? Might be better to actually paste in your units config file.

Are you using the "external" DAC logic unit? Do you actually have a case 18 in your config? Might be better to actually paste in your units config file.

Haha! Well. That was easy. I just forgot to use the extern one.

Thank you for your help!

Edit: Can you configure the intern logic unit to allow BAF also?

Ah well! Actually this was a problem for me when I tried creating baf stuff in dac. Try these:

Edit: These pasted in with no spaces. Go figure!

Is it is any different from mine except for the spaces that I have already fixed :D?

Edit: I guess I'll never know. I'll use them anyway since they worked in my test. Thanks m8.

Edited by pepmoo

You should add pilots and crewmen in the begining of the unit config, when you have a pilot added in the middle of the config you are going to have pilots and crewmen walking around with the infantry.

From the readme page 39.

The reason is: The first 3 entries are reserved fort he DAC.

The 1st entry defines the type of units for the crew of Tracked Vehicles

The 2nd entry defines the type of units for the Pilots of Helicopters

The 3rd entry defines the type of units for the leader of Infantry groups

The rest of the group will be generated randomly

(DAC will get everything which is defined behind the 3rd entry)

So you should start your config with something like this.

"BAF_crewman_MTP","BAF_Pilot_MTP","BAF_Soldier_TL_MTP",".....

Edit: Can you configure the intern logic unit to allow BAF also?

Not unless Silola includes it as a definition within a future release, if BAF aren't in the internal configs, they're not there to reference.

You can use BAF with the intern logic too.

Use DAC_Single_Config = ["Units"] and add the unit config to you mission.

Page 33 in the readme.

You should add pilots and crewmen in the begining of the unit config, when you have a pilot added in the middle of the config you are going to have pilots and crewmen walking around with the infantry.

From the readme page 39.

So you should start your config with something like this.

"BAF_crewman_MTP","BAF_Pilot_MTP","BAF_Soldier_TL_MTP",".....

Thanks for the tip!

I've read the readme but missed a few things apparently. It wouldn't look very realistic with pilots running around with regular units now would it? :p

Not unless Silola includes it as a definition within a future release, if BAF aren't in the internal configs, they're not there to reference.

Page 33 in the readme.

All right, good to know! I wouldn't have minded if they could be made a "default" case in the future but the extern logic possibilities or a extra init line in the intern logic is very simple anyway.

Thank you guys!

How can i adress a variable to a certaingenerated unit ? Like to helicopter?

I treid to use the events section but it didnt work....:confused:

I still want to display the information from "Sector fight" , "Dac Arti" and "Support Calls" in one box. in the right top corner ..... any idea guys ?!?!?

using the PBO version ...

How can i adress a variable to a certaingenerated unit ? Like to helicopter?

I treid to use the events section but it didnt work..

Would like to answer my own question.

Buliwyf drop my nose at the old

setvehicleinit 

command in the scipting forums.

You could assign the helicopter group its own ARRAY var like

[1,3,20,20,"ZoneXHelicopter"]

You could then call the ZoneXHelicopter array to reveal the unit ID and go from there with scripting

_myUnit = ZoneXHelicopter select 0;

Obviously, if you have MORE than one group then you may have to apply some filtering to check GROUP type has a heli etc as the ZoneXHelicopter array will contain ALL units spawned within the Helicopter/Camp array.

Greetings, it's been a while

I have a question:

Say for example i have two fixed zones on two islands. Is there a way, I could connect those two zones with some "bridge" waypoints? What I mean is unit1 is patroling in zone1. Once he gets a waypoint from zone2, he uses the "bridge" waypoints to get to zone2 and then it continues with the original waypoint in zone2.

At first I thought custom waypoints are invented for this, but it's a completely different story. If I remember correctly, in DAC1 you could make a series of custom waypoints. For example zig-zag.

I'm just warming up, most probably there will be many other questions.

So next question here, Im using the intern logic and unfortunately most of the enemy AI are all running at high speed at all times. Is there a way to overide default intern configs for the AI to walk and just be aware? I would use external logic but its been difficult for me to cater it to the units I want. It would be easier to use intern and somehow overide the walk behavior of east side. Any help would be appreicated.

@CombatComm

Page 33 in the readme.