Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hello, everyone!

I've been using DAC for a few days, but I have a couple of problems and a few questions. :D

Question one

Why does this happen?

dacproblem.jpg

As you can see, it's like initialization occurs twice. :confused: Also, no "=== Result ===" shows up at the end... that window just fades away. The strange thing is, this doesn't happen in the demo missions provided!

Question two

I'm using the following mods

@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@dac;@jtd;@mma;@mma_xeh;@zeusai;@hifi_air;@hifi_vehical_weapons;@rhweapons;@mrm-addons

but downloaded the DAC provided from this thread. Should I use the DAC provided by the SIX updater instead?

Question three

I'm using a DAC_Extern game logic in my mission, and in the DAC_Config_Behavior.sqf file I've edited the _setSpeed to only use limited... BUT the civilians still run around! I tried setting every case to setSpeed limited, but it's as if no changes have taken place. :(

dacproblem2.jpg

What could be causing this problem?

Notes

-I have named my player S1

-Sometimes I do get a === Result === , but usually I don't... the results are very inconsistent.

-I get problems with both the intern & extern game logics.

Hi Lollis25.

Q1 - If you wait long enough, does any kind of DAC error pop up? I occasionally see what you see, where the window fades away, but after 30sec or so an error pops up telling me that it couldn't spawn a vehicle or set a waypoint etc..

Q2 - As far as I'm aware both DAC3 standalone and the Six updateable DAC included with ACE are at 3.0c. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've tried using either and I get exactly the same results.

Q3 - I've done exactly the same thing with my Civs and get the same behaviour. Setbehaviour makes no difference either. Perhaps Silola can chime in.

Edited by tpw

Hi Lollis25.

Q1 - If you wait long enough, does any kind of DAC error pop up? I occasionally see what you see, where the window fades away, but after 30sec or so an error pops up telling me that it couldn't spawn a vehicle or set a waypoint etc..

Q2 - As far as I'm aware both DAC3 standalone and the Six updateable DAC included with ACE are at 3.0c. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've tried using either and I get exactly the same results.

Q3 - I've done exactly the same thing with my Civs and get the same behaviour. Setbehaviour makes no difference either. Perhaps Silola can chime in.

Thanks for the reply, twp. :)

No error ever pops up if I wait. I've played the mission for 30 minutes with the problem, and nothing ever pops up. The strange thing is, sometimes the enemies will have spawned, and things will be working fine (I think), but other times there will be no enemies (none that I can find, anyways). :confused: Like I said, it's very inconsistent.

I think the one in the SIX updater is an old version. I just tried it, and it didn't include configs for the OA Takistani units.

And yeah, I was looking at earlier posts about the "_setSpeed", and it looked like someone else had the same problem... but no one gave them a working answer.

Thanks for the reply, twp. :)

No worries, sorry I couldn't really help.

The other thing I can't work out is how to stop civs from kneeling/crouching all the time. It doesn't look too realistic to populate a town with DAC civs and have them a) stopped knelt/crouched in the middle of the road for 3 minutes at a time or b) creeping around.

If anyone knows how to remedy this I'd be very grateful.

@ lolli

1-2.delete Dac from ACE folder if you have an extern dac folder

3.Try Dac without AI mods(;@zeusai) and mayby delete yellow & aware(_setcombat/_setbehav) and lower the the -setSupport

@tpw

is this not the standart behavior for Arma civ's

Hello, everyone!

I'm using a DAC_Extern game logic in my mission, and in the DAC_Config_Behavior.sqf file I've edited the _setSpeed to only use limited... BUT the civilians still run around! I tried setting every case to setSpeed limited, but it's as if no changes have taken place. :(

[im]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5595/dacproblem2.jpg[/img]

What could be causing this problem?

It could be because you are using comic sans as your editor font :P

I tested the config below. It is possible someone is running at the start to reach the first waypoint, or if there are more than one person in a group and they need to catch up with the squad leader. But after a couple of seconds I didn't see any runners. They also do not crouch or crawl unless there is a danger.

case 3:
{
	_setSkill   = [0.2,0.7];
	_setCombat  = ["green","white","yellow"];
	_setBehav   = ["careless"];
	_setSpeed   = ["limited"];
	_setForm    = ["line","stag column"];
	_setFleeing = [0,100];
	_setHeliVal = [45,100,0.7,1];
	_setPause   = [[5,10],[5,10],[5,10],[20,30,5,5],[1,3],[0,0]];
	_setBldgBeh = [3,50,120,600,1];
	_setPatrol  = ["45 + (20 * (skill _leader))","(60 + (random 60)) + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];
	_setSearch  = ["40 + ((skill _leader) * 150)","50 + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];
	_setSupport = [1,4];
	_setJoin    = 2;
	_setEmpVeh  = [[150,100],[150,100]];
	_setSupTime = ["5 + ((skill _unit) * (5 * DAC_AI_Level))",2,5];
	_setHidTime = ["(((10 * DAC_AI_Level) + ((skill _leader) * 50)) / ((count units _group) + 1))"];
};

In case someone runs into the same problem I did while trying to add editor placed units into DAC at the start of a mission. It's only possible after DAC_Release_Action == 0.

Took me a very very long time to figure this one out. I did everything as described in the manual but could not get it to work and did not get any errors either. Only after going through the demo-missions did I find this afaik undocumented variable. I've tried searching the manual, this forum and google, but did not find a reference anywhere.

Anyway, if you want to add your editor placed units into DAC right at the start, check if the above statement is true before doing so.

Might be advisable to mention this in the manual, or at least somewhere more noticeable than this post.

Sofar that's the only snag I've run into, thank you Silola and everybody who helped you with this terrific piece of work. Terrific as in terrifying by the way, the AI is really scary now.

This is the first time since OFP that I experienced a "living" mission. No more dull missions in completely empty worlds with only you and the conveniently placed enemies. Also very nice to be surprised and uncertain while playing your own missions.

I spent a while trying to get to the bottom of what causes civs and independents to kneel for minutes at a time.

1 - It's not dependent on mods, I get the behaviour with plain OA or the latest beta

2 - It's not dependent on ACEs DAC or standalone

3 - It's not dependent on anything in the DAC behaviour config. I can transplant in the lines direct from the blufor or opfor entries and still get the kneeling. Neither opfor or blufor units display the annoying kneeling.

4 - If I spawn opfor/bluefor as civilians or independents they don't kneel nearly as much. Maybe for 10 sec or so here or there.

5 - If I spawn a single civilian he'll run around quite happily without stopping to kneel. The problem seems to be some interaction between civs and their waypoints. Sometimes I think I've got a combination of trigger size, unit and waypoint numbers that works, but then it gives me trouble on another map.

I think I'm close to sorting something out, but if someone else has any ideas then I'd love to see them.

In case someone runs into the same problem I did while trying to add editor placed units into DAC at the start of a mission. It's only possible after DAC_Release_Action == 0.

Took me a very very long time to figure this one out. I did everything as described in the manual but could not get it to work and did not get any errors either. Only after going through the demo-missions did I find this afaik undocumented variable. I've tried searching the manual, this forum and google, but did not find a reference anywhere.

Anyway, if you want to add your editor placed units into DAC right at the start, check if the above statement is true before doing so.

Might be advisable to mention this in the manual, or at least somewhere more noticeable than this post.

Sofar that's the only snag I've run into, thank you Silola and everybody who helped you with this terrific piece of work. Terrific as in terrifying by the way, the AI is really scary now.

This is the first time since OFP that I experienced a "living" mission. No more dull missions in completely empty worlds with only you and the conveniently placed enemies. Also very nice to be surprised and uncertain while playing your own missions.

I think Silola mentioned that in this thread a few times. This is what I use to add Editor groups:

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

_myGroups = [[b]g1,g3,g10[/b]];_i = 0;

if(isServer) then
{
while{_i < count _myGroups} do
{
	[(_myGroups select _i),1,[z1],15,0,1,[0,0,1],0,false] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup;
	waituntil{DAC_Release_Action == 0};
	_i = _i + 1;
};
};

I put it in my init.sqf and place the group names in the _mygroups line. In this instance my groups are named g1, g3, g10.

This is the post I got it from but there's a few others explaining this as well, I think.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1654673&postcount=226

Edited by Manzilla

this is what SCAJolly told me about this issue when using upsmon, and it worked beatyfully.

I assume it will work for you as well

Hello Demonized

If I am right, this solution won't work because I don't know the names of the DAC center markers...

So this keeps unresolved for me - no clue how to remove them, so the player doesn't see them... :(

(For everyone else who reads this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1806597&postcount=578 )

centers.jpg

"markername" setmarkeralpha 0 ftw

€dit: damn brain lol

Edited by Mr. Charles

"markername" setalphamarker 0 ftw

I couldn'd find this command anywhere. Guess you meant setmarkeralpha.

If yes - well, this doesn't help me.

Demonized suggested the same thing to me. But my problem is that I don't know the names of these center markers (as I wrote in my last post). Hope that it makes sense.

Or am I doing something totally obviously wrong? :o

Hi, been playing with (the basics) of DAC, just wondering if anybody has used this in conjunction with Charons mighty Zombie mod as the BIS Civilian Module produces way too many, and hand placing is too tedious, ive been attempting to get a nice mix going myself, but cant seem to get infection spreading enough :P

This is really an amazing tool. Real good. But tested it and got the following issue:

I start the zone z3 with

fun=["z3",[2,0,0],[8,2,1,8],[2,2,20,4],[],[1,2,50,0,100,10],[0,0,0,11]] spawn DAC_Zone

but the zone has a lot of wood in it and i get the following error message when i start the mission:

WP search was interrupted.

Zone z3 is not suitable for unit type (Camp).

Error number:7 (Waypoints)

So obviously, my camp is to big to be created in the zone. I do not understand this, because i use only a logic as base:

_campBasic = ["Logic",["Logic",1,1,0],["Logic",1,0,0],["Logic",1,1,0],0];

_campAmmo = [];

_campStatic = [];

_campAddUnit = [];

_campUserObj = [];

_campRandomObj = [];

_campWall = [];

_campObjInit = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];

Is there a way to get the units created in or near a wood area?

@Undeceived:

Well i dont use DAC (yet, the tutorial is kinda long lol), but if i find a solution i will post it here.

This is really an amazing tool. Real good. But tested it and got the following issue:

I start the zone z3 with

but the zone has a lot of wood in it and i get the following error message when i start the mission:

So obviously, my camp is to big to be created in the zone. I do not understand this, because i use only a logic as base:

Is there a way to get the units created in or near a wood area?

Creating a LOGIC camp will not work, atleast when I tried it... My solution was the following.

// Takistani Army 
 case 7:
 {
   _campBasic     = ["FlagCarrierTKMilitia_EP1",["Land_Campfire",8,5,0],["Land_tent_east",5,0,0],["Logic",10,15,0],0];
   _campAmmo      = [["LocalBasicWeaponsBox",10,2,0],["LocalBasicAmmunitionBox",10,-4,0]];
   _campStatic    = [];
   _campAddUnit   = [];
   _campUserObj   = [["Land_Antenna",5,-5,45],["Logic",17,35,0],["Logic",17,20,0],["Logic",47,0,0],["Logic",27,0,0],["Logic",17,-35,0],["Logic",17,-20,0]];
   _campRandomObj = [];
   _campWall      = [];
   _campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];
 };

I then forced it down using a gameLogic so that the game always started in a position I defined.

@Undeceived:

Well i dont use DAC (yet, the tutorial is kinda long lol), but if i find a solution i will post it here.

Thank you! :) I would appreciate it. Really don't have an idea why these markers appear for the player...

hi ... can someone tell me how to check if a camp was destroeyd ?! or has no respawns left ?!

or better how can i take over a enemy camp ? for player and KI ?

Edit: forgot this above, i have found the sector controll mission.

But i have a new question.

I use the Arti, reinforcment and sector controll in one mission.

Where can i edit the information about the sector control ,arti calls and reinforcment groups ?!

i want this infos in only one box.

i have found the message from the support Groups in the init.sqf

while{true} do
{
sleep 0.1;
{_x setmarkerpos (position player)}foreach ["sRange_1","sRange_2"];
hintsilent format ["Support calls: %1\nSupport groups: %2",(DAC_Support_Logic getVariable "support_count"),count (DAC_Support_Logic getVariable "support_groups")];
};

Where to finde code from sector info and arti calls ?

Edited by Anemia

Maybe you still have debug on?

I don't remember to have read or seen a kind of debug - so I would guess no. :j:

hi, can anybody tell me how to switch off the DAC-Window?? It appears in one Mission I recently downloaded. (INV44 Omaha-Beach SP-Mission)

thanks!

Do you mean the one in the upper right corner?

You have to open up the mission and edit the config.

Its easy if you know how to use DAC.

Hi I'm having a great time learning and using DAC :)

I have a question about something that I simply can't figure out:

I want to create zones mid-mission, several times in fact (I have a co-op which is on the Fallujah Island). I'd like to have an initial zone, which of course I can do just fine - it will be a series of zones with some camps. As this area's camps are destroyed and EI are killed off, I'd like to have a neighboring area populated with zones (and camps if possible?), which the players will move to, and so on until they have cleared the city.

Can anyone please give some examples of how to use the mid-session created zones call? Thanks! :bounce3: