Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hello Rexehuk,

iam also very Interested on such missions. It would be really nice if you could share your missions with us.

Greetings

Hello Rexehuk,

iam also very Interested on such missions. It would be really nice if you could share your missions with us.

Greetings

^^ Me 2! If Im gonna play COOP missions with my friends, I will only play with DAC missions.

If you want DAC missions I will seek to put together a pack that is private to our group... they are not normally released because we never see the market for them.

Loving the sound of this sector fight addition to the mod Siola, will have to give it a try!

I would appreciate it very if you would share them with us!

Hi :)

@gunterlund21:

I built a small test mission to check your scripts and the DAC behavior in this context.

Once I started the test locally, and once on our dedicated server ;)

In both cases, the DAC was working exactly as he should.

I've changed only one thing ...

DAC_Direct_Start = true (DAC_Config_Creator.sqf)

Since there is no DAC zone active at the beginning of the mission,

this parameter must be activated. Otherwise, there are problems with the initialization.

Please try this little change and let me know if it works ... thanks :)

Greeting

Silola

Edited by Silola

Hi :)

@gunterlund21:

I built a small test mission to check your scripts and the DAC behavior in this context.

Once I started the test locally, and once on our dedicated server ;)

In both cases, the DAC was working exactly as he should.

I've changed only one thing ...

DAC_Direct_Start = true (DAC_Config_Creator.sqf)

Since there is no DAC zone active at the beginning of the mission,

this parameter must be activated. Otherwise, there are problems with the initialization.

Please try this little change and let me know if it works ... thanks :)

Greeting

Silola

Silola let me check it again. maybe I missed something. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Why are there so few mission with DAC?

I think this is great, but most missions are not using DAC. Or is there a place to download DAC missions?

Yeah, DAC is an absolutely amazing tool. In fact, all of my missions now involve DAC very heavily (like the only editor placed unit is you, and sometimes even you are a part of DAC!) and I can't play the vanilla/non-DAC missions anymore (DAC spoiled me). Their alright missions, but I don't release them because they are quite buggy, and I'm not that good to give proper technical support, so I would just end up frustrating the players, and generate heaps of flame posts. furthermore, I ususally don't have a very efficient method of keeping the player busy whilst DAC is initiating.

However, I could try and release one (I'll try to make it less buggy) if you like. Just a question: Would it be alright if it uses WICT as well? I love combining both tools together, makes the mission incredibly dynamic.

Congrats on another fine release Silola!

Re DAC initialization taking a while; try starting a loading screen at the start, and ending it at the end;

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/startLoadingScreen

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/endLoadingScreen

You'll be amazed by the 100/1000 factor change.

I feel like an idiot asking this here but would it be possible for someone to post a simple example mission that has this implemented? I'd like to try it and just copy it into an existing mission. I've been trying to figure out how to get it set-up via the BIKI for sometime now but sometimes the info in the BIKI is way to confusing for my liking.

After all these years of making missions you'd think I'd be proficient in understanding the BIKI. Unfortunately that's not the case! ;)

sector fight example have loadingscreen

Thanks for that info bud. I didn't try that mission yet.

Ok, I just unistalled V3c and replaced it with plain V3.0 (:() because for some reason, guerilla zones produce chedaki units for me :confused:.

Bug maybe?

Ok, I just unistalled V3c and replaced it with plain V3.0 (:() because for some reason, guerilla zones produce chedaki units for me :confused:.

Bug maybe?

No bug, change the units in DAC_Config_Units.sqf to what you want.

If you dont know how to do that, read the readme.

No bug, change the units in DAC_Config_Units.sqf to what you want.

If you dont know how to do that, read the readme.

Yap, the problem was that with DAC V3c, the place in the configs files for the insurgents and the guerilla have been swapped around, whilst the readme file wasn't altered. So you have to enter "[2,6,2,1] for guerilla, not "[2,2,2,1]" which is what the readme says. Though there is still a problem, as the spawned Chedaki units are hostile to Russians. Though I need to do some more testing to confirm that.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Question:

In my mission, i've written a script that generates a DAC zone at certain areas for a faction if that faction has dominating presense in that area. This allows factions to "capture" sectors, and the generated DAC zones give them an advantage in the fight. Of course other factions can capture the sector back.

However, at the same time, I have 3 other DAC zones (the "master" or "base" zones; sorrounding each faction's HQ [there are 3 factions, thus 3 zones]) running with something like 70 or so AI groups overall (because the battle takes place over a large area), and what I've noticed is that deleting the previous zone and generating a new one every times the ruling faction changes takes a VERY long time, even though the zone only has like 20 waypoints and 7 AI groups, and I think this is actually a feture of DAC, to prevent slowdown in the game. However, since the generation of a new zone takes such a long time, not only it causes zones to change hands too quickly (as units are not generated to defend the zone), but it also takes long for the actual full scale batlle to begin (there are something like 5 capturable zones). So, is there a way to speed zone generation up? Or is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do (such as not using DAC_fNewZone at all)? I guess if the waypoints were not somehow deleted, only the units were, then that would speed things up because all zones for all factions have the same number of waypoints for all unit types (so you only need to replace the units). Oh, and the script I was talking about I've already posted here; a few pages back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by kyfohatl

Can someone tell me if the Dac created units will loose their eventhandlers when they get reduced or when they get build again?

Means do ihave apply an EH again?

Atm i give´em in the DAC_Config_Events.sqf an EH when they get created.

Within the map they get reduced and build several times.

Do i need to add the EH again ?

Is it possible to activate the _setskill value dependant to a condition?

Several values can be chnaged by the init line of a logic etc (like makers, radio distance...),so i nthe presence of an addon i would like to change the skill of DAC units.

Edited by Nephris1

Yeah, DAC is an absolutely amazing tool. In fact, all of my missions now involve DAC very heavily (like the only editor placed unit is you, and sometimes even you are a part of DAC!) and I can't play the vanilla/non-DAC missions anymore (DAC spoiled me). Their alright missions, but I don't release them because they are quite buggy, and I'm not that good to give proper technical support, so I would just end up frustrating the players, and generate heaps of flame posts. furthermore, I ususally don't have a very efficient method of keeping the player busy whilst DAC is initiating.

However, I could try and release one (I'll try to make it less buggy) if you like. Just a question: Would it be alright if it uses WICT as well? I love combining both tools together, makes the mission incredibly dynamic.

Of course I'm interested in trying your mission. WICT is ok. Hopefully my system will handle it.

Is there a way to add arty incomming FX????I only hear the splash sounds.

GL4 Arty incomming sound is realy good^^

Edited by TeilX

Good incoming FX have been a desire of many for some time.

The problem can be addressed in two ways.

1. Spawn a sound effect near the impact point. Problem, it's a bit fake and range is limited so you don't get the full effect of shells screaming overhead.

2. Define a sound in the config for the shell flying. Problem, locating a sample that does not have doppler shift - otherwise it fights with the game engine's own doppler effect to make a really ugly sound.

It took a while, but i finally tried this for ArmA2. And its awesome. Thanks. :D

@silola

can you explain me these values??please^^

DAC_Sector_Values = [500,0.5,1,0.5,[5,0,"[1][5,1,""]
Edited by TeilX

Hey Siola,

I have a mission with respawn zones in them, at 4 different camp locations which all start disabled. On enabling them, they turn red but no actual camps are spawning.. even after a good 30 minutes after activation.

Any ideas on this issue or what could cause it?

2 zones are activated, and then 2 much later in the game, so I'm not trying to do all 4 at once.

***EDIT***

Nevermind, it seems there was a problem with the camp creator file, I'm using the 3.0C one now and everything seems to be fine.

Edited by rexehuk

After trying to install this mod, I'm getting a problem now... When starting up, it says "bin/config.bin/CfgingameUI/MPtable.shadow" and then "Error Compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

And the game shuts down!

Help? =(

Nvm about the post above, now it works somehow... Anyways, I've done everything in the tutorial here, yet my units won't spawn at all D=

My initialization code is this: null=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,3,25,15],[5,3,20,10],[6,2,30,15],[4,1,12],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Nvm about the post above, now it works somehow... Anyways, I've done everything in the tutorial here, yet my units won't spawn at all D=

My initialization code is this: null=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,3,25,15],[5,3,20,10],[6,2,30,15],[4,1,12],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Read the ReadMe again, again, again and understood what is written in there...

Then try the demo mission included in the downloaded file... if they work you now where you have to search for the error...

;)