Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi :)

@andersson:

What do u mean with "BIS arty shells"?

You can define one or more (for each impact) arti shell types within the DAC_Config_Arti file.

Ok, I must try this and I look for a solution.

But I have an idea what you should try....

Instead of using real objects, you take logic objects!

A similar configuration could look like this:

_campBasic     = ["Logic",["Logic",8,5,0],["Logic",5,0,0],["Logic",10,15,0],0];
_campAmmo      = [];
_campStatic    = [];
_campAddUnit   = [];
_campUserObj   = [];
_campRandomObj = [];
_campWall      = [];
_campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];

Hi, nice and simple solution for the camp! thank you very much I will use that :)

I tried different ARTY shells and thet didnt work, if I used the "default" ammuntion for the cannons it worked.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons#Artillery_Weapons_and_Special_Ammo

It might be that there are some scripts involved in the BIS arty and thats the reason it doesnt work, I dont know. I couldnt get any result using 'ARTY_' ammo.

Hi all i was just wondering do helicopters only land at the zone they where spawned from? or will they land at other zones that ive made waypoints for? ive been testing this for a few hours and the heli always returns to land at the zone from which it spawned from. Thanks.

Deg

I don't seem to get this working in in ARMA2 OA standalone version. Is this supported in OA version?

Vroemmm

Silola, i've tried the values you suggested; Both with standard Russians and Takis; still no dice. The won't man empty guns. The good news is that they don't get stuck anymore and they move around as they should.

Plus something else. I don't know if it's intended but the driver of wheeled vehicles is always a Squad Leader.

Edited by verde13

hey guys, i been scratching my head over this problem for a while now, and was wondering if someone could spend 2 mins straightning it out. What i am trying to achieve is

helicopters free roaming the whole map, i have read the manual and also chapter 19 which was refered to me last time. what i have done is created a box trigger 5000x5000 set up the init for 2 groups of choppers , then i created a setdir 4 logic but still the helos do not start at the specific point i want them to which is the airfield, they randomly spawn across the map. any ideas?

*just figured out i wasnt using the "AND" waypoints* :) all fixed

Edited by weedman

I love DAC! :) Well done to all involved!

I have a problem. I use the inter game logic(as I'm no pro at this ;) ) and have followed the so well written manual.

These work as intended:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,4,50,5],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,4,25,1,100,20],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[1,0,0],[],[5,4,50,5],[4,4,50,5],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z5",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z6",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[20],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

But now I try to create a opfor starting area. But every time I start the game the opfor just target each other and blow them self up. I want them to be east and the type insurgents.

This one doesn't work as intended:

fun=["z7",[1,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[0,6,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

I would love some help. :)

Once again thank you for this tool! Even I who sucks at making fun mission are making some cool ones now! Love it!

I love DAC! :) Well done to all involved!

I have a problem. I use the inter game logic(as I'm no pro at this ;) ) and have followed the so well written manual.

These work as intended:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,4,50,5],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,4,25,1,100,20],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[1,0,0],[],[5,4,50,5],[4,4,50,5],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z5",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z6",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[20],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

But now I try to create a opfor starting area. But every time I start the game the opfor just target each other and blow them self up. I want them to be east and the type insurgents.

This one doesn't work as intended:

fun=["z7",[1,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[0,6,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

I would love some help. :)

Once again thank you for this tool! Even I who sucks at making fun mission are making some cool ones now! Love it!

Change the following value to "0" (which stands for OPFOR). You got "1" which represents BLUFOR. I think this is the issue that they start shooting each other:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,4,50,5],[],[],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,4,25,1,100,20],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[1,0,0],[],[5,4,50,5],[4,4,50,5],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z5",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z6",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[20],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

z7 looks ok because there you create a OPFOR zone (fun=["z7",[1,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[0,6,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone).

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Change the following value to "0" (which stands for OPFOR). You got "1" which represents BLUFOR. I think this is the issue that they start shooting each other:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,4,50,5],[],[],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,4,25,1,100,20],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[1,0,0],[],[5,4,50,5],[4,4,50,5],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z5",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z6",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[20],[],[0,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

z7 looks ok because there you create a OPFOR zone (fun=["z7",[1,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[0,6,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone).

Thank you for your reply MadMike. :)

The problem isn't in the zones z1-z6, they working as intended, they don't shoot each other in those zones and I want to have blufor in them.

The problem is in z7, I want this zone to be opfor starting area, but with this code the opfor spawns and then shoot each other to bits(opfor attacking opfor), they attack each other in the zone just seconds after spawn. :)

I notice when I change from side East to side Resistance it works. But not with east as I like. :)

Sorry if I confuse you.. kind of hard to explain :D

I just downloaded DAC v3 and I am eager to get started. Is there a quick reference guide I could use to get started right away and learn it fast?.

I have read the documentation and it looks complete but there is a lot of trial and error involved to get to know the tool, problem is I don't always have that much time to dedicate to gaming. I would like to create a few quick random missions to play.

Has anyone done some templates in addition to the demo mission included in the download?

I just downloaded DAC v3 and I am eager to get started. Is there a quick reference guide I could use to get started right away and learn it fast?.

I have read the documentation and it looks complete but there is a lot of trial and error involved to get to know the tool, problem is I don't always have that much time to dedicate to gaming. I would like to create a few quick random missions to play.

Has anyone done some templates in addition to the demo mission included in the download?

I made a simple-to-follow basic tutorial here. :)

@Dr@gon:

Have you looked at the included demo?

There are simple examples, which you can use as a good basic template.

Moreover, in the latest version are additional examples included.

@Wonccos:

I think I know what u mean ;)

The trick is to place the zones optimal. In principle you need to place all other zones around the zone "z7", for example.

Another solution is to "move" the zones to the correct position after DAC has finished the init phase.

... now I have to reinstall my system (get a new hard disk today).

cu soon

Silola

Hey Thanks for your replies.

I will spend more time on the demos thanks Silola

DMarkwick; wow perfect just what I was looking for, thanks.

Oh noes! Hardware eh ... bummer. Hope to see you back up soon. Looking forward to the newZone function fix. :)

@MadRussian:

I made a quick test and I have found no problems.

A group that I have released from the DAC system, I could easily command with "group move position".

I appreciate that you make a mistake somewhere.

If u have no idea to solve your prob let me know. I think we can find a solution :)

Greeting

Silola

Thanks for checking into it. :)

I've had that release problem in two different missions I created in the past. Just thinking a bit on it, maybe I'm not doing an appropriate waitUntil before the release or something easy like that. I'll see if I can't repeat the problem again and maybe send you a test mission that causes it. Anyhow, thanks again for DAC!

If I may ask, is this the same kind of AI improvement pack that came to ARMA1 where AI picked up better weaponry and used it? Or they climbed to the top of a water tower to get a better position / vantage point?

If so, cool! Thats what I need, AI that can take care of it's own needs.

Hi Silola,

I'm running in some troubles, I try to add a to all units of a group. But the eventHandler only works with the leader of the group?

here is what is in my 'DAC_Config_Events'

case 3:
   {
       _Events_Unit_S =    [
                               ["{_x addEventHandler [""killed"", {BS_CivKilled = BS_CivKilled + 1; publicVariable ""BS_CivKilled""}]} foreach units _group"],
                               [],
                               [],
                               [],
                               [],
                               []
                           ];

Thanks for any help :)

@Soldier of Anarchy:

DAC_V3 has the same AI extensions as DAC_V2, maybe a little bit more and better ;)

@BlackSheep:

Your code is correct. Please try the following steps to check your work:

First, start a small script with each created group within the DAC_Config _Events ...

case 3:
{
   _Events_Unit_S =    [
                           ["[_group] execVM ""CheckGroup.sqf"""],
                           [],
                           [],
                           [],
                           [],
                           []
                       ];
};

This script must be inside your mission directory, and should have the following code:

_group = _this select 0;

player sidechat format["%1 with %2 units",_group, (count (units _group))];

You will get then a sidechat from each generated group with the name of it and how many units are in the group present.

If not, then you've made a small mistake somewhere.

But if the script works correctly, you could start the event handler there, too:

group = _this select 0;

//wait a little bit
sleep 1;

{_x addEventHandler ["killed", {BS_CivKilled = BS_CivKilled + 1; publicVariable "BS_CivKilled"}]} foreach units _group;

Greeting

Silola

Thanks Silola, script working fine, but the EH also only fires on group leader's

I think, the EH's is removed when reducing groups.

Thank you for your time and advice :)

BTW: Using ACE and CBA

Edited by BlackSheep

I think, the EH's is removed when reducing groups.

yes, I think this too.

To solve this prob, you can use the DAC event "AfterBuildUp" ...

case 3:
{
   _Events_Unit_S =    [
                           ["[_group] execVM ""CheckGroup.sqf"""],
                           [],
                           [],
                           [],
                           [],
                           ["_unit addEventHandler [""killed"", {BS_CivKilled = BS_CivKilled + 1; publicVariable ""BS_CivKilled""}]"]
                       ];
};

Greeting

Silola

@Wonccos:

I think I know what u mean ;)

The trick is to place the zones optimal. In principle you need to place all other zones around the zone "z7", for example.

Another solution is to "move" the zones to the correct position after DAC has finished the init phase.

... now I have to reinstall my system (get a new hard disk today).

cu soon

Silola

Thanks Silola! I got it sorted out. Thank you for all! :)

EXCELLENT addon that is a must to have "smart" enemy AI.

The only issue I am having lately is I have a mission with DAC and later some enemy is spawned (same side - EAST) but for some reason they start shooting at each other including units in own squad!

Not sure why or how to fix? Any ideas/solutions?

I have one DAC sone in mission:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,3,50,20],[],[5,5,25,10],[],[0,10,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

The last one the 10 os the custom config for units:

case 10:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = [

"TK_GUE_Soldier_TL_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_MG_EP","TK_GUE_Soldier_AT_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_2_EP1",

"TK_GUE_Soldier_AR_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_AA_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_4_EP1","TK_GUE_Bonesetter_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_4_EP1"

];

_Unit_Pool_V = [];

_Unit_Pool_T = [ "BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

Edited by CaptainBravo

@CaptainBravo:

please try this ...

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,3,50,20],[],[5,5,25,10],[],[2,10,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

... and write this code into your init.sqf of your mission ...

DAC_Res_Side = 0; (GUE friendly to EAST)

... because the standard value of this setting is 1 (GUE friendly to WEST)

... and last, check the setting within the mission editor: gue friendly to east !

Try it out and let me know ;)

Greeting

Silola

Thanks Silola,

DAC_Res_Side = 0 fixed the issue of them shooting each other.

So I can learn: can I ask why you changed 0 to 2 [2,10,0,1]] I thought east was 0?

The other observation I noticed is it seems soldiers in groups dissapear except for the squad leader. So I see all groups running on map but when I get near them there is only one unit?

Thanks for a great addon by the way! :)

The latest version has a little bug. You get an error message when you try to call the "DAC_fNewZone" function, to generate a DAC zone during a mission.

(Thx to Gnome for the hint)

A fixed version is comming soon.

The new version also contains two simple Sector-Fight example missions

and a valid key for the extended sound.pbo

Greeting

Silola

Silola any news on this fix? Thanks for the update.