Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Is it possible to have each DAC zone initialize depending on the distance of the player from it ?

Use a simple trigger, triggered on presence of player instead of "time > 1". I used this a few times when populating areas with objects.

Edited by DMarkwick

Use a simple trigger, triggered on presence of player instead of "time > 1". I used this a few times when populating areas with objects.

I thought about doing this, but i was afraid that units would be spawned right in front of the player, an immersion killer.

Try read in the readme about Activate/Deactivate DAC zone while in mission. I think what you're looking for is there. Cant remember specifically but I think thats what you wanted to look at

I thought about doing this, but i was afraid that units would be spawned right in front of the player, an immersion killer.

Nah, you just use a bigger trigger to activate the zone. Or a displaced trigger if you can be sure of always arriving from the same direction.

Don't suppose anyone has taken the time to create the BAF Units config stuff ?

Awesome mod btw really enjoying it although have a question regarding multiplayer, do we need to stick the Addon pbo onto our dedi server to play created client side missions we have made or will it just require everyone having to have the @DAC pbo folder in their Arma 2 directory ?

Keep getting this when looking at example missions made by people :- Nil Variable Overridden; Please fix mission or loaded addon scripts

Any idea what the problem is ?

Managed to figure it out after a while all working great now.

Edited by [45Cdo]Kotp

Kotp;1743567']Keep getting this when looking at example missions made by people :- Nil Variable Overridden; Please fix mission or loaded addon scripts

Any idea what the problem is ?

Managed to figure it out after a while all working great now.

The problem is' date=' for example zone1 use nil as variable to init DAC, then zone2 also use nil, so its overridden.

To fix it. simply [b']dont[/b] use nil. use nul instead for variable when initializing DAC...

this problem comes with recent 1.54 patch I think.

A while back someone talked about a script-only version of DAC which would not need any addons if I remember correctly.

Is this still being worked on?

Hi :)

Sorry Ironman ... You have to wait a couple of days before I had finished the script version.

I am very busy atm. That is the reason for the delay :o

Greeting

Silola

rl is hard:D

waiting not;)

I have the enemy with CAMPS setup with D30s... but they keep firing the arty down on what seems to be their own troops rather than on me, anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

*EDIT*

On replaying it, they keep targetting the exact same location on the SOUTH EAST section of the zone...

Edited by rexehuk

I have the enemy with CAMPS setup with D30s... but they keep firing the arty down on what seems to be their own troops rather than on me, anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

*EDIT*

On replaying it, they keep targetting the exact same location on the SOUTH EAST section of the zone...

On a perhaps-related note, I find that a lot of times by the time I get my small squad to the enemy arty camp, that it is already in flames even though there is no other Blufor presence. I might make the cautious assumption that if Opfor arty accidentally kills their own side, that Opfor will target their own arty camp.

Edited by DMarkwick

#387 and #388 sound like the camp is auto destructing on respawn depletion.

Optional respawn camp destruction once no more respawns are available:
0 = Camp objects will stay, >0 = seconds until self destruction starts

You're probably still at 360 seconds.

Check the end of page 34 in the manual under DAC_AI_Respawn and set the array time as desired.

#387 and #388 sound like the camp is auto destructing on respawn depletion.

Optional respawn camp destruction once no more respawns are available:
0 = Camp objects will stay, >0 = seconds until self destruction starts

You're probably still at 360 seconds.

Check the end of page 34 in the manual under DAC_AI_Respawn and set the array time as desired.

I'm using EXTERN, here is the config

if(isNil "DAC_AI_Spawn") then { DAC_AI_Spawn = [[10,5,5],[10,5,15],0,120,100,1] };

They are not firing at a camp or anything just at a random location which a bit strange... Silola very good work on the AI sounds btw, a welcome change from the one ACE has and much more immersive.

Hi all, first off id like to say that this mod is awsome :) but i have a question regarding this in the readme.

DAC_Res_Side = 1

This variable defines the side which RACS are fighting for.

You must (!) apply the same settings that are given in the editor.

0 = resistance friendly to EAST

1 = resistance friendly to WEST

2 = resistance friendly to NOBODY

Attention! With this setting RACS will fight alone against EAST & WEST, whereas EAST & WEST are friendly to each other!

So if you set resistance is friendly to nobody and that makes east and west friends which i dont understand why that would be , is there a way to set DAC so that all 3 factions are enemies to each other (maybe i missed something in the readme) or do i need to place one factions units in the editor outside of DAC, or maybe use the ACM to spawn one faction? which im trying to avoid doing. My mission relies heavily on 3 waring factions and im hoping DAC can allow me to do this because this awsome tool makes mission building so much easier :) Any input or advice would be great.

Thanks

Deg

Will make all 3 factions enemies. Some scenarios might require that either Blufor or Opfor are assisting the resistance, which is why there is the option to make them friendly to those sides.

Thanks for the reply but maybe i didnt make myself to clear that when i do set resistance is friendly to nobody it does makes east and west friends like it says in the readme.

Attention! With this setting RACS will fight alone against EAST & WEST, whereas EAST & WEST are friendly to each other!

i tried it out in the editor, when resistance and east spawn they will fight each other but the east shows as friendly units and wont attack me even if im standing 100m away. but if i set resistance to 1 which is friendly to west then east will show as enemies so im not sure whats going on here, Im pretty sure ive followed all the instructions to the letter.:confused:

is it possible to spawn ai with a trigger "blufor present" and make them disapear on deactivation ?

edit : ok it works with activation, deactivation.

is it necessary for client and server to run the dac mod?

i made a mission with dac and than i disabled the mod after a restart and the dac mission wont start any more.

Edited by horror1

is it necessary for client and server to run the dac mod?

i made a mission with dac and than i disabled the mod after a restart and the dac mission wont start any more.

Both the Client and Server need DAC in order for DAC to be Initiated.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Did anyone manage to obtain an updated DAC.pbo which contains the updated Sound Files as the Stock One has an error in.

If anyone has this can they let me know plz. Thanks.

Would be good for server only to need DAC ... then clients could be vanilla. A pipedream ?

Would be good for server only to need DAC ... then clients could be vanilla. A pipedream ?

But then you wouldn't have the awesome sounds :). If it's any help to you... we've been testing DAC for long operations (3 hours) over the past week, with 10 hours of testing it has worked every time. We're not in the process of distributing it in our addon pack, but waiting on a beta sound PBO from the developer.

Another note, you may want to consider running this mod alongside GL4, it increases the immersion ten fold. You will only require GL4 serverside which is a bonus.

This mod has made the game highly realistic for our group, tonight we had a one hour engagement with the AI unable to move and requiring ammo resupplys to maintain our ability to engage.

Silola please please please finish the script version. Cant use this as an addon...no one wants to load it. Ill give you a cookie!!!!!

I searched but could not find answer, when I ad trucks (V35) one only a couple of soldiers sit in the back. What should you do where they have full squad in the back?

Applogies this has been asked before.