Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Is there just a script version of DAC. I like not having to force players to DL addons.

Hey Silola,

Have you tried DAC with gonza and L'etranger's VTS at all? This would be marriage made in heaven!

Great work!

Is there just a script version of DAC. I like not having to force players to DL addons.

Silola is working on it but there is no release date set yet.

@Silola: Thanks for your reply. You were right with the trigger - it doens´t work that way. But that wasn´t the only fault. I figured out that the error appears when I try to change an ellipse form into a circle form. And to complicate all that, I get a rectangular shape spawn zone from a circle zone (200x200)?

odd.th.jpg

This was my setup:

Init.sqf

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value == 1};
[]execVM"test.sqf";

Test.sqf

blub=[z1,getpos pos1,[300,500,0],0,0,0] spawn DAC_fChangeZone;

z1 trigger

Size X:200 , Size Y: 200
fun1 = ["z1",[1,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[2,2,20,6],[5,1,30,8],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

I wonder if there are more ppl who have encountered the same issue? :butbut:

Btw: How can I check if a single zone is completly initialized and can be changed?

Edited by MoS

Hi.

I've placed a large zone over an entire town with about six infantry groups set to spawn in the zone. The problem is: Attacking (or being attacked by) one of the groups basically results in every unit in the zone swarming to attack. This usually results in a firefight with 50 or so soldiers on one side and 4 on the other... Is there something I need to change to stop this happening?

Silola

What ever happened to the sector fight you were making on everon. Looked intriguing

Hi.

I've placed a large zone over an entire town with about six infantry groups set to spawn in the zone. The problem is: Attacking (or being attacked by) one of the groups basically results in every unit in the zone swarming to attack. This usually results in a firefight with 50 or so soldiers on one side and 4 on the other... Is there something I need to change to stop this happening?

Well the thing is, why change this authentic behaviour of the AI? Why should your enemy engage with less units than available?

Well anyway there is a possibilty to change those things. Unfortunately those aren´t described in the readme, but Silola has posted them here in this thread several pages back:

Hello :)

There are four different global settings related to ground support, which I have

unfortunately not described ... sorry :rolleyes:

The standard settings are:

1. The "DAC_Radio_Dist" is the max range in which a group leader can reach groups for support (that what you mean).

Example: If u play your mission with DAC_AI_Level 3 and the average strength of the group (the group wich requesting support)

is 0.6 then the value for the "DAC_Radio_Dist" is: ((1000 * 3) * 0.6) = 1.800m

2. The "DAC_Alert_Dist" is the maximum distance, in which the groups provide support, without they being called for support.

3. The "Radio Time" is the time interval in which a leader tries to reach a group for ground support (sending a radio message).

The calculation with the above values would be: ((15 / 3) / (0.6 + 0.1)) = ~ 7 sec.

That means, the group leader will send each 7 sec. a support request to another DAC-group, within the "DAC_Radio_Dist", but nor each request is a hit ;-)

4. The "DAC_Radio_Count" specifies the maximum number of support groups that each group leader can request.

Maybe it's better to reduce this value (example): DAC_Radio_Count = "(DAC_AI_Level / 2)"

If u want to change one of the settings, write the new code into the init line of the DAC-logic, for example:

DAC_Radio_Dist = "((500 * DAC_AI_Level) * _skillgroup)";

Greeting

Silola

You should also try and prohibit calling for support by changing this...

_setSupport = [0,0];

.. in the Config_Behaviour settings and/or lower the AI skills additonally.

No guarantee that any of this helps ;)

Well the thing is, why change this authentic behaviour of the AI? Why should your enemy engage with less units than available?

It's a gameplay issue really, regardless of authenticity (for this mission at least). A small fireteam goes in and on the first engagement, they're immediately swamped with all the units on the map. I could argue that one group requesting support from all available groups isn't really authentic at all if those groups are tasked with patrolling a large urban area - a small distracting attack could be a prelude to a large attack elsewhere and moving all groups to one location could be a huge mistake. Let's not get into that, though...

Well anyway there is a possibilty to change those things. Unfortunately those aren´t described in the readme, but Silola has posted them here in this thread several pages back:

Ok, thanks, I'll have a look. I checked the first ten pages or so but given that I didn't really know what I was looking for...

New "Config_Weapons" to define a custom weapon-layout foreach soldier type in every unit_config.

I am having problems getting this feature to work.

I have created some weapon configs and updated the unit configs but the units are still equipped with default weapons. Is there another parameter I need to change?

thanks

GH Sorry guys pilot error here.I found my mistake.all working now.

Edited by GHOG
solved problem

New "Config_Weapons" to define a custom weapon-layout foreach soldier type in every unit_config.

I am having problems getting this feature to work.

I have created some weapon configs and updated the unit configs but the units are still equipped with default weapons. Is there another parameter I need to change?

thanks

GH

Works perfectly fine in my mission.

Mhm maybe you have a typo somewhere in your config and therefor units are spawned with default gear.

Try using a default config_weapons.sqf without any changes to see if the problem lies within your edited config_weapons or elsewhere.

Also see page 55 (if you haven´t already) of the included readme and follow the stepts exactly as shown there ;)

EDIT: One minute too late *g*

Any opinions on what might be the best way to implement something similar to the "GUARDED BY..." trigger?

I'd essentially like to set up a few zones with squads that will patrol and defend against any incoming attack but will not stray from their zone and will not respond to support calls (or something along those lines).

Those of you getting the problem with limited numbers of vehicle groups spawning compared to the number specified in the function call, I have a suggestion that has worked for me when I encountered that problem. I don't know about using the script only version of DAC (hadn't realized it was out yet, haha), but in the addon version this problem was solved for me by ensuring every DAC zone trigger had "time > 1" as its condition line. Any other value (such as times higher than 1, or the simple default condition "true") produced inconsistent results and errors like you describe.

Hi all,

Question on AI building behaviour, I found it that when the AI did not detect any enemy they will randomly enter and search building within their search radius (with Behaviour config file specified _setBldgBeh to != 0), when they do detect the enemy (myself hiding inside the building) they will not enter and search the building but rather try circulating the outer building trying to get me.

Is this intended or I've probably missed out some configs?

Thanks!

Hi :)

Hi all,

Question on AI building behaviour, I found it that when the AI did not detect any enemy they will randomly enter and search building within their search radius (with Behaviour config file specified _setBldgBeh to != 0), when they do detect the enemy (myself hiding inside the building) they will not enter and search the building but rather try circulating the outer building trying to get me.

Is this intended or I've probably missed out some configs?

Yes, it is intended. But sometimes the units still come into a building.

We have seen this several times ;)

Any opinions on what might be the best way to implement something similar to the "GUARDED BY..." trigger?

I'd essentially like to set up a few zones with squads that will patrol and defend against any incoming attack but will not stray from their zone and will not respond to support calls (or something along those lines).

Yes, for this purpose there is in the DAC_Config_Behaviour one parameter: _setSupport

Please read the readme page 42 :)

Greeting

Silola

Yes, for this purpose there is in the DAC_Config_Behaviour one parameter: _setSupport

Please read the readme page 42 :)

Greeting

Silola

Hi.

Ah, thanks. Completely misread that description the first time - I thought it was intended to set the likelihood of a group calling support. I've just noticed _setSearch above that. Hopefully that'll stop the groups from straying right out of the zone.

seems like my message was skipped over by some folks.... I know there is an addon for DAC but can you run it as scripts only, not including an addon?

seems like my message was skipped over by some folks.... I know there is an addon for DAC but can you run it as scripts only, not including an addon?

Sorry Ironman ... You have to wait a couple of days before I had finished the script version.

I am very busy atm. That is the reason for the delay :o

Greeting

Silola

Take your time Silola.

You're doing straight up awesome work.

Also Ironman. If you take the time to read back a few pages, you'd see he said it was coming soon, but that he is very busy, just be patient bud.

Regards,

Austin.

Well, I did not feel like reading through 32+ pages at the time of my original post, I tried searching through this post using a keyword "scripts" but there were a ton of hits. Figured just asking would be easier.

I am not trying to rush anything, I am just curious, that was all.

Just found DAC looking around for a huge dynamic battle since OFP, but I never wanted to script so I never tried it. I got started on this yesterday and it's way simpler then I've made it out to be. Silola, I'm absolutely HOOKED!!! BRAVO!

Thanks stubs & Austin :)

With a lot of tweaking about and changes to warfare it may be possible, but as it stands Warfare is dynamic to a degree anyway and less resource intensive than this would be as you'd probably need to start and stop a few hundred DAC zones for it to work correctly for the mission design.

That's just my opinion however and I'm not a professional at this by any definition of the word so it may not be true.

@Silola - I just call it as I see it.

Regards,

Austin.

Silola, first of all thank you very much for your work! Phenomenal!

Is there a way to have influence on the setunitpos of the AI? E.g. prevent them to kneel?

And another issue, I have...

I STILL have not found out how to insert editor-made groups into the DAC... :( I read some stuff about it in this thread but I could not get it running. It seems it was a bit too advanced for me already. Sorry...

My problem is: I can't understand how DAC "knows" which groups are to be inserted.

I have 4 resistance groups placed in the editor (called group_one to group_four). But where do I define their names so that DAC knows which groups are to be inserted? Do I have to put group_one = group this in the init of the leader or does DAC just take the leaders name (e.g. GrpLeader1)?

Ok, if I now have 1 zone (z1): How can I make the group called group_one under command of GrpLeader1 move to the waypoints of z1?

Thanks for the help, guys. And sorry because of my noobness, but I really tried it.

Edited by Undeceived

Can someone please help me get this set up to run with OA latest beta.

it works fine in arma 2 but not in OA

Ive tried copying the files to the correct locations and adding the -mod=@DAC but i get 2 error messages when trying to start the game.

the first is 'bin\config.bin/cfginGameUI/mptable shadow'

then 'error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0'

so i tried launching the mod via the expansions menu. this works fine in patch 1.52 but none of the mods show up in the beta.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Steven.

Sorry Undeceived, but did you read the readme? Page 25?

And you have looked at the demo: #D_12_DAC_insert_into_dac.utes

;)

Ok, here is your personal solution:

You are right ... write this into each init field of all leaders:

group_one = group this

group_two = group this

group_three = group this

group_four = group this

Now u need a little bit data inside your init.sqf ...

init.sqf:

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

_myGroups = [group_one,group_two,group_three,group_four];_i = 0;

if(isServer) then
{
while{_i < count _myGroups} do
{
	waituntil{(DAC_Release_Action == 0)};
	[(_myGroups select _i),1,[z1],10,1,1,[1,1,1],0,false] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup;
	sleep 0.5;
	_i = _i + 1;
};
};

Please read page 25 of the readme to understand the different parameters.

@steven breen:

Sorry, but I has not tried the last patch of OA.

Are there other users who have the same problem???

If u delete the DAC pbo (and the "-mod=@DAC") u can run OA without any probs?

Greetings

Silola