Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi :)

Unfortunately, there is no way to let run the DAC as "classic DAC way".

I really do not see any problem, to use the DAC as PBO version :(

I mean, most of the community stuff is created as pbo ... it' normal.

I also see no advantage if I always copy the whole DAC content in my mission folder ... why?

To adjust the DAC to my needs, it is enough if I have access to the configuration files. And this possibility exists in any case.

I remember that I was asked why I would not release DAC V2.0 as PBO version. That would only have advantages.

Now DAC is available as a PBO version, and it is again wrong. This is crazy.

Please excuse me, but I will not switch back to the old system :-(

Will someone on principle handle no PBO, then I can not change it unfortunately. Sorry!

Greeting

Silola

THANKS SILOLA! Just about to step away when I went to skim across Armaholic, and see DAC 3 RELEASED! at the top... Better put the coffee on now. :)

Edited by Baron von Beer

Wonderful! Thanks Silola and all for the hardworks!

Woah I remember downloading DAC thinking it was for arma 2 but it was only for arma 1 :p

Thanks for the release I look forward to testing it.

:cheers:

the bigger question is though is all servers wanting to run dac missions will need the pbo's too.

Quite simply, this should be mandatory for all servers. Any server admin who does not make this a required mod should choke themselves.

Thank you Silola!! This was so badly needed! As someone said it is more important than OA, and OA will be amazing.

I feel truly glad, I have this old true OFP feeling again, cant wait to inhabit my islands!!

Thank you so very much!

edit: Some questions and issues:

I cant find the bisign for DAC_Sounds.pbo. Is the 'DAC_Source.bikey' good for DAC_Sounds.pbo or is a bikey missing too?

What about the MAP_EU.pbo? Doesnt that need a bikey? Why is it outside of the @DAC-folder? Found no information about it in the readme so is it always necessary and do we need it on the server?

Edited by andersson

Ive just tried this for the first time...

Wow! heres most of that wizard i been crying about, this is the coolest thing ive seen for arma, now i understand what everyone is excited about...

The short description PDF is very well laid out and easy to follow, the possibilities are endless...

I dont want my life... just wanna play arma

Thanks

Hi :)

Unfortunately, there is no way to let run the DAC as "classic DAC way".

I really do not see any problem, to use the DAC as PBO version :(

I also see no advantage if I always copy the whole DAC content in my mission folder ... why?

We run a public server and try to hold the amount of used mods low. By more mods used, the amount of people who can´t connect because of missing pbo´s gehts extreme higher. Currently we have only ACE2, BWMod 1.7 and ZeusAI on our server. If everybody who wants to connect to our server to play a mission in which DAC 3.0 is used must have these pbo´s loaded we are running into connection problems again.

It would be great if these pbo´s are only required by the mission-maker to implement it - but the clients who play the mission later dont need the pbo´s because the scripts are running from inside the mission-folder. And the way i understood the questions before i think this is not possible at the moment, right?

Sounds like time to include DAC with CBA then eh? :D

I wouldnt mind that!! DAC is for me as necessary as CBA :)

I'm also for that (integration in CBA)!

For MP and a widespread use of DAC-Powered Missions its necessary to say at least.

Either that, or co-release a script-only version like DAC 2.0 was, its the only way to keep the most people be able to join servers with DAC-Powered Missions.

Even the SNKMANs GL4 was back-converted and co-released as a script-only version ;):)

Whoever told you to release it as a PBO was a "........" (Imagine some nice words here) without much MP-knowledge/experience on public MP-Playing, or further thinking.

As long as there is no Mod-Management integrated into the core-game, this will remain as a bad idea for such a project.

@Silola,

Congrats on release! DAC 2.0 was already one of my mostly used tools in the Arma-World and 3.0 can only be better :D

Looking through the demos right now. Impressive and powerful features! Who needs OA's town generator now lol?

Impressive job, grats.

*cough* Now, *cough* waiting for DAC_Config_Units and DAC_Config_Weapons with ACE2 units and weapons :D

Impressive job, grats.

*cough* Now, *cough* waiting for DAC_Config_Units and DAC_Config_Weapons with ACE2 units and weapons :D

Try this:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/generators/dac/USMC

exchange USMC, with any faction classname, like RU. (See for full list of faction classes)

(In the meantime i've added selection boxes to switch faction/version ;))

Above URL always generates from the latest config version. If you add ?version=1 you'll generate from the Vanilla A2 1.05 config, etc.

If there's more interest for this i'll add additional options :)

More info at; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Config_Browser_enhancements_v2`

Weapon / Magazine list generation disabled for now, but you can create custom sets from: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/classlists/weapons

Edited by Sickboy

Try this:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/generators/dac/USMC

exchange USMC, with any faction classname, like RU. (See for full list of faction classes)

Above URL always generates from the latest config version. If you add ?version=1 you'll generate from the Vanilla A2 1.05 config, etc.

If there's more interest for this i'll add additional options :)

More info at; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Config_Browser_enhancements_v2

Woot! Thanks, I have enough with this ;)

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/generators/dac/ACE_USARMY

Lets test now :yay:

Sounds like time to include DAC with CBA then eh? :D

i think you should! :D

Summer xmas. Wishing You Happiness and Prosperity, and thank you very very much for your and your teams devotion Silola :cancan:

Vorsprung durch Technik :-)

German made aswell, good stuff, I look forward to test it out :yay:

Silola:pc: and his DAC :ok::are my Relegion in Bohemialive.

OFP 22. Juni 2001 >First contact with the Religion:angel:

12-10-2005, 02:41> The Messiahs was born: :jesus:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Mapfact.net proudly presents the Dynamic AI Creator by Silola!"

My live chance like drugs chance lives! :shine:

Tank you Silola, for my never ending Singelplayer_war about 1692 days!

Skelotec ArmA2

alias Hptm.Steiner ArmA

& ThEGrEy (Zeus) OFP

Hi,

I'm a little bit confused at the moment... ace, cba, script-variant :-/

Are there any other suggestions ... maybe :D

Is the DAC_Source.pbo really so bad?

I was really convinced that a PBO variant is the best way.

I will again consider a pure script version, as a compromise, so to speak.

Only to make the (really great) community happy :)

I am wondering that until now no reports of script error or something similar, exist :p

And again THX and thx for feed back.

Greeting

Silola