Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

Blocking CLASS definitions on player joining

As the title says, I wish to block a specific mod from being able to connect to the server, and I've been told the easiest way to to this is to scan for CLASSES being used on player joining?

Has anyone got information on doing this, as we have a serious cheating problem at the moment due to a MP lost key I created for personal testing which leaked out into the clan.

Need to scan for the Lost Key and kick players if it is detected, without running verifysignitures if possible...

Might fail since the server would have to transfer a script to the client and execute there.

I'm not pretty familiar with but maybe this approach is worth a try:

onPlayerConnected

setVehicleInit

processInitCommands

isClass

When player connects, write a scriptcall into it's initspace and execute it via processInitCommands. The script then can scan for present classes using isClass.

Based on that, you might be able to detect if a player has the addon in question loaded and then execute appropriate steps.

Don't know if this works. Probably will fail due to locality issues but worth a try.

And as final words: be more patient. Most prefer to test things out before they give an answer, therefor it can take several days before you get a working solution.

And second, diggin into the BIWIKI often helps. The commands aboce are easy to find there.

If ya don't mind me asking, what clan would that be? I have personally encountered 2 people using that program, which I now assume was yours, and one of those people claimed that they had made it, and that they were going to sell it as a hack.

This wouldn't be Lynxwolf would it?

Would this exploit be the ability to create any game object at will ?

I have seen something like this on a few servers lately

How about removing the key from the server and generating a new one for your personal testing purposes? The leaked key would be rendered useless this way.

Hitman, this is on an UNSIGNED server that I'm trying to block it. The clan is not important, and has only been around a week... so I doubt it was one of ours!

But yeah, the problem is quite bad, i've encountered cheaters on other servers too, but this tool does have worth in broken missions etc where updated ammo crates / correct vehicles are not about and has aided training sessions.

Cheers Myke for the post, will look into that, but for now we've been enforcing sigs, but I would like to do it without so we can block it on all servers (including unsigned public one).

Yeah Sickboy, I did look at your method but it is quite dirty for detecting addons people would hide such as naming @loki_lk to @Misc or @Other for example. Still good for day to day checking of standard mods though.

Any chance you have MSN sickboy? I have a few questions about SixUpdater programming...

Um. Why don't you sign the addon yourself, add that key to your server, and then just...don't spread the key/signed addon anywhere beyond your computer? Since loki designed the tool for SP, I'm pretty sure he won't mind anyone making their own signature on it, especially if it's for their own server :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

Um. Why don't you sign the addon yourself, add that key to your server, and then just...don't spread the key/signed addon anywhere beyond your computer? Since loki designed the tool for SP, I'm pretty sure he won't mind anyone making their own signature on it, especially if it's for their own server :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

I stated this already, you may of missed it on the previous page

this is on an UNSIGNED server that I'm trying to block it.

I want to BLOCK the file on an UNSIGNED server, so sig files are irrelevant.