Sign in to follow this  
Barso

Best mods for arma?

I have just purchased arma from steam and patched to 1.18.

I have also purchased the disc of queens gambit as that's not on steam.

But can anyone recommend the best mods for me to DL?

Thanks.

*****************Cold War Rearmed******************

Cwrlogo2s.jpg

The best of what I played in the arma.

Edited by kheiro

I vote cold war rearmed too and also my favorite are ace and pedagne ;)

Owens good post man, got to point out that warmod does most of what D lists there except replacements.

If you want replacements and realism play with ace, if you want fixes, upgrades, and change in gameplay as well as super smart AI play warmod

I reinstalled ArmA1 again and am trying to get my money's worth out of the single-player.

Yet I don't like the vanilla game too much. Any good mods that work with the main and add-on single-player campaigns?

May i say it again, Warmod works with any mod will enhance your game!

I dont blame you man, vanilla arma is hard to play, why i built warmod, i was sick of bs.

Have to throw my hat in for WarMod - it simply makes a huge difference in gameplay. Much of the difference is probably due to the longer engagement distance and the incredible AI dialog that is added. But there are a ton of mods within WarMod that contribute to the gameplay. I call it the "Arma on Steroids" mod.

I've played the same mission with and without WarMod and without it, engagements can be slow and "sleepy" in comparison. Of course, with WarMod I tend to take a few more casualties. :D

Vanilla Arma is hard to play once you've experienced all the mods available. At a bare minimum, I'd say that you have to have a great sound mod active. I use one of Mark VIII's prior versions of his sound mod.

I'll give WarMod a try tomorrow. Looks like just what I need for SP.

I loved ACE for MP coop gaming, but when it comes to facing the AI, it doesn't work out all to well. And most people have moved onto playing ArmA2, I just want to finally go through the single player before I fully convert to ArmA2.

Just started downloading WarMod and what it needs and I gotta ask, what are the main changes over the ECS mod it requires?

Hello, recon, I think it is Probably best to move this discussian of warmod to its own thread, before this topic is closed for being off topic, thread is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1497375#post1497375

as for Barso the originator of this thread, he can decide what would suit him best per what hes looking for. I think the thread here is more suggestion oriented then a full blown discussian of each mods details and discussina on a mod that signaled out, alot of mods are great for arma,

but each mod has well i would think they have, their own threads which discusses as well as possibly answers questions that players may or may not have for a particular mod.