Sign in to follow this  
robmypro

Demo does not do this sim justice

I tried the demo and honestly wasn't too impressed with ARMA 2. So the wife gives me a gift card to BestBuy and I decided to spend it on ARMA 2. I have to say, I am really impressed so far.

Nice work guys.

I tried the demo and honestly wasn't too impressed with ARMA 2. So the wife gives me a gift card to BestBuy and I decided to spend it on ARMA 2. I have to say, I am really impressed so far.

Nice work guys.

I got the same impression, but after watching videos about it and seeing Arma 1 and operation flashpoint I went out and bought it.

The demo was

A) Buggy like the game at release

B) unoptimized and you couldnt use mods, which is a shame because the game needs mods

I got the same impression, but after watching videos about it and seeing Arma 1 and operation flashpoint I went out and bought it.

The demo was

A) Buggy like the game at release

B) unoptimized and you couldnt use mods, which is a shame because the game needs mods

Why should you be able to use mods on a demo? I've played games forever, and hardly any games let you play mods on demos, because if they did, people can add so much stuff that theres no point buying the game.

I bought ArmA 2 after trying the demo, i had many hours of fun with the demo.

Bohemia should release a new patched demo.

The buggy/poor performance demo is by far the #1 reason I've seen people give for deciding not to buy Arma 2.

Everyone here knows Bohemia has a good history for patches but everyone else

just assumes it will be like other companies who abandon games after a couple of patches.

Ha-ha. Don't you guys remember the demo of ArmA1? That was brutal.. Everything was broken in it ;)) (notice that demo of arma1 was released after the 1.06 patch!)

IMO the demo of ArmA2 was a major improvement. The demo is playable. Sometimes it's even fun..

I hope that the demo of a2:ao will be polished really hard.

Release of A2:AO + soon release of the PR mod.. Looots of ppl will look forward to try the demo. Of course most of them won't accept this game cos it's not COD ;) But thousands may like it and buy it.

Yea I had the same feeling with the demo, matter of fact it put me back about 8 months from buying it. Def worth the money.

This is totally right.

I've talked to numerous people who tried the demo and gotten horrible framerates and they tell me they dont think they will be getting the game due to the FPS. AND they wont believe me that the 1.05 Patch is practically a 20 FPS Improvement for most people from the demo. :mad:

BIS might wanna fix that after OA is out. ;)

I know that i heard about arma 2 just a couple days ago so i downloaded the demo and i was like wtf this isnt good. so i talked to alot of ppl and checked out some vids on youtube(whitch some of them were pretty F@!%ken awsome.i want to say that im getten great reviews about arma 2 and ppl are sayen i wont be disapointed so im downloading the game as we speak, the diehards and the casual players swear about arma 2...........good community also.

Hopefully the new "when released" OA demo will be used from that point on.

Surely it will perform better than the A2 demo.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

if it is what it looks like and good playability it should be good.ya have to excuse me a little,beenup late drinken some beers and downloading arma 2.

I know that i heard about arma 2 just a couple days ago so i downloaded the demo and i was like wtf this isnt good. so i talked to alot of ppl and checked out some vids on youtube(whitch some of them were pretty F@!%ken awsome.i want to say that im getten great reviews about arma 2 and ppl are sayen i wont be disapointed so im downloading the game as we speak, the diehards and the casual players swear about arma 2...........good community also.

Is that a steam version you've got Slag? If it is you will have to install the 1.05 patch also, after it's downloaded, as steam doesn't install that. :bounce3:

Ha-ha. Don't you guys remember the demo of ArmA1? That was brutal.. Everything was broken in it ;)) (notice that demo of arma1 was released after the 1.06 patch!)

IMO the demo of ArmA2 was a major improvement. The demo is playable. Sometimes it's even fun..

I hope that the demo of a2:ao will be polished really hard.

Release of A2:AO + soon release of the PR mod.. Looots of ppl will look forward to try the demo. Of course most of them won't accept this game cos it's not COD ;) But thousands may like it and buy it.

Haah, the demo of arma1 is what made me buy the game^^

There was a really fun multiplayer game-mode (can't remember exactly what it was), I think it was a cti game.

It just showed me how versatile the engine was and I was completely enthralled by it.

OA demo is coming soon, since A2 probably will be mainly sold in a package with OA in the future, I dont see a big need for BI to devote precious workhours into remaking the A2 demo.

They should have remade the AA demo some years ago though, it was hardly working and turned many people away at that time. Now AA have become old so it doesnt matter either way.

Edited by sparks50

There's a difference between "does justice to the game" and "is so horrible its insane" The arma2 demo aint perfect, but i'm sure its sold a lot of copies of the game, despite some of its (the demos) shortcomings.

I think a lot of people would be like me in that I was always going to buy the game regardless of the demo, I just wanted to get an Idea of how it might run and what kind of engine changes/sounds/interface differences where like. And to see some of the new equipment.

Although it might not be so good for some one who is new to the scene, for it to be there first experience.

Haah, the demo of arma1 is what made me buy the game^

made by Dslyecxi is what motivated me to buy ArmA 1 in the spring of 2007. I think anyone who sees it will come to the same conclusion. The epicness contained in that video will remain unsurpassed for the foreseeable future. ;)

Well the game didn't capture my heart for the first three days but after that it's become my all time No. 1 favorite.

My favorite is playing warfare(CTI mode, whatever that means) online.

Commanding tanks, taking the chopper, you get to feel the powerful machines or if you like sweat it out as foot soldiers commanding a company supported by armors or sneaking around as a sniper.

It's awesomeness in a DVD :D

The fact that you can't play on proper dedicated severs using the demo is a massive fail.

When playing the demo I was forced to play games hosted on peoples PCs. Too much lag, etc. Not to mention the crashes and limited selection of missions.

The full game however, amazing! Been playing it a year and still can't get enough.