Sign in to follow this  
MirindoR

which drivers?

i havent installed any drivers, i just installed ccc and that fixed the original editor freezing problem.

the pc now makes the weird noise while im in game but i havent had a single crash

It could be this "ATI HDMI Audio Driver" find it and uninstall it or change it in settings to your sound card instead.

It could be this "ATI HDMI Audio Driver" find it and uninstall it or change it in settings to your sound card instead.

no, as mentioned above, the sound is coming from the case itself.

also i sometimes get the screen flashing white like a very intense light was pointed towards the soldier, and the view resettles itself after a while, dunno what this is either. could be war fx?

by flashing white i mean the screen progressively becomes brighter and brighter till its all white, and then resettles itself to normal after a few seconds. npothing to sdo with explosions or such, it just happens rather randomly based on the direction/elevation i'm looking at.

that sound might be extensive HDD seeking

it could be, but it stops during loading (like if a quit a mission and it loads the menu) and continues all the time in game even if i'm still once everything has loaded. dunno

can someon e tell me where to DL and how to install the best drivers for my 2 5770 xfire?

i got ccc but that made it worse and my driver version in properties is still

the probelm in the editor was solved by installing ccc but since i got it the screen flashes white sometimes and the pc makes a weird noise.

i tried to frap the flashing but when i open the video filwe the pc gets totally fucked and i have to restart it.. help.

Are u sure u have installed the right driver for ur OS? The file size is wrong if you are using Win 7 (5770/ dirx 11)?! Should be around 70 mb.

btw. try 10.5 Hotfix

I've tested 10.6whql for vista 32 and for xp 32.

Assuming that ati's support for xp (and/or for the 4xxx-card-series ?) will run out I can see the consequences of that:

performance @vista 32 is stable - not better, not worse with new 10.x-drivers but @ XP 32 I measure (via Arma FPS analyser by sbsmac) significant losses in perfomance with the drivers 10.5 and 10.6.

summary:

my 4870 @10.5/10.6 compared to 10.4 or previous, Vista 32: stable, same perf

my 4870 @10.5/10.6 compared to 10.4 or previous, XP 32: performance losses

ergo: atm on my vista runs 10.6whql, on my xp runs 10.4whql

anyone same/other experiences so far ?

note: haven't installed ccc, i'm doing all tweaks with ATI Tray Tool