LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

This no longer works with OA standalone? :(

I use to be able to put the game logic thing on the map, press preview, and it worked... but now it doesnt. I dont have usmc in editor menu... there isnt ac130...

Or buy arma2 :)

Does anyone else has a problem of objects (houses, cars, units) not showing when looking through gun view? I tried both FLIR's and night mode but all I can see is empty terrain. I am using the addon on night mission on Zargabad.

ya know i noticed this as well. i was able to fix that issue by changing my viewdistance via FNC instant veiwdistance mod. now they show up properly. now i have a question. when in the UAV it shows 10 hellfires but you don't seem to be able to shoot them. am i doing something wrong?

I must also say that this mod is outstanding!!!

ya know i noticed this as well. i was able to fix that issue by changing my viewdistance via FNC instant veiwdistance mod. now they show up properly. now i have a question. when in the UAV it shows 10 hellfires but you don't seem to be able to shoot them. am i doing something wrong?

hey thanks for the info.... as for Hellfire, just hold the Left button for 2-3 sec. and it will fire, usually few missiles....I don't know if thats intended.

This no longer works with OA standalone? :(

I use to be able to put the game logic thing on the map, press preview, and it worked... but now it doesnt. I dont have usmc in editor menu... there isnt ac130...

It was never OA standalone compatible...

Synchronized the logic with player?

Only the 3 Call logics must be synchronized with an object f.e. the player. ;)

help!

everything works fine, but as soon i want the guncam, i get this white rectange over the crosshair...

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-6868876/ac130.jpg.html

There's something weird with the picture for the crosshairs...

Does anyone else has a problem of objects (houses, cars, units) not showing when looking through gun view? I tried both FLIR's and night mode but all I can see is empty terrain. I am using the addon on night mission on Zargabad.

The objects are too far away to be displayed. Try to increase the view distance.

Thanks but you don't read the readme :p

Known Bugs etc.:

* UAV is still beta and has f.e. infinite hellfires, flawed HUD...

UAV is still beta. The rockets don't look fine... Maybe I'll implement mando missles some time...

But i made this video using v0.4 (addon version)...

tS_OPKDqK7w

I know why its stopped working too! You done something to the location in the editor. So when i click on (US-Air-c130j) this plane no longer works, because you have changed it to (ac130 spectre)... but this isnt under that menu.. its under (USMC-Air-)

I dont have (USMC) menu!! so i cant find the ac130! please make a quick edit and change the location to (US-Air) and not (USMC-Air), and then release that version!

Majority of us now have AO, its cheap anyway! I been waiitng ages for this updates man...

Put this in the init line of an C-130J:

this setVariable ["LDL_planeInUse", false, true];

The plane is an AC130 then. ;)

Put this in the init line of an C-130J:

The plane is an AC130 then. ;)

thanks Lurchi, but i'll have to add this all the time right?

Is there nothing i can change in the config or something?

class AllVehicles;
class Air;
class Plane;
class C130J;
class LDL_C130J: C130J
{
	displayName = "AC-130 Spectre Gunship";
 		Icon = "\LDL_ac130\Pictures\icon_AC130.paa";
 		class EventHandlers
 		{
  			init = "_this execVM""\LDL_ac130\Addon\ac130_init_AC130.sqf""";
 		};
};

This is the config for the AC130... shouldn't it be the same on the USMC and USA side?

class AllVehicles;
class Air;
class Plane;
class C130J;
class LDL_C130J: C130J
{
	displayName = "[size="3"][b][color="Red"]AC-130 Spectre Gunship[/color][/b][/size]";
 		class EventHandlers
 		{
 		};
};

This is the config for the AC130... shouldn't it be the same on the USMC and USA side?

Is that code stored under (USMC)?

OA doesnt have USMC, only (US). You have done something different with this version, because you have made an ac130 class, instead of just leaving it, and assigning the code to the (c130j).

@LurchiDerLurch

indeed, there is something weired.

but what? how i can i fix the crosshair, i dont want that white rectangle there^^

another problem i have, i cannot find the ac130 actually to place it.

i can just use it from your sample mission.

But as soon as i edit it (give a name, playable etc) and click OK, it turns to a USMC Parachute :confused:

Is there any problem with ACE?

Is that code stored under (USMC)?

OA doesnt have USMC, only (US). You have done something different with this version, because you have made an ac130 class, instead of just leaving it, and assigning the code to the (c130j).

In this version all C130 behave normal and that's a better solution ;)

The AC130 appears under USA if you add this code to the config.cpp under the old AC130:

class C130J_base;
class C130J_US_EP1;

class LDL_C130J_US: C130J_US_EP1
{
	displayName = "AC-130U Spooky II";
 		class EventHandlers
 		{
 		};
};

But the thing now is that everybody without OA will get a config error...

@KrAziKilla: Never heard of that kind of problem... Does anybody else have the problem?

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

hey Lurchi! thanks for all the help! but i still have the problem.. the cpp file isnt working after editing... my fault i think, so if you can, can you upload the new edited config file please?

thanks

Ok here it is: http://www.file-upload.net/download-2783389/AC130_v0.5.1_OA.zip.html

Can you have a look at it if it's working? Because I don't have OA standalone...

There is still the USMC AC130. I don't know if this causes trouble. If so I'll delete it ;)

edit: But if you call a mapclick AC130 the script still uses the USMC AC130 :/ I'll fix that ^^

I think I'll stop support for ARMA2 only at this point... I'm not sure but I think there are more A2+OA and OA only users than A2 only... It's usesless without the FLIR anyway.

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

i like that script very much, but what i dont like at all is that the cursor is all the time present when im shooting.

Something wrong then. There should be no cursor. Check your installation.

Lurchi i can now see the ac130h in the menu!! :D

But when i try to activate autopilot in game, nothing happens :( But thanks so far! nearly there! :D

Lurchi, I've added your script to Domination for our clan server but we have been getting some problems where you can't actually aim the thing, you just get compass points rotating on the screen instead... What would cause this?

Lurchi, I've added your script to Domination for our clan server but we have been getting some problems where you can't actually aim the thing, you just get compass points rotating on the screen instead... What would cause this?

"compass points rotating on the screen" ? :confused:

Do you mean the "shkaing camera"? Could be caused by low hardware, bad conection etc...

Hmm, I've got everything set up, placed the C130, got the trigger in, but when I go to pilot it, and where there used to be the red "Autopilot" option, there is nothing; It just acts like a plain old C130. This is for OA of course.

Because it's a normal C130 ;)

Since version 0.5 every C130 behaves normal. Instead there's an AC130 in the units menu.

(USMC side) Of course OA only users can't see it. For that problem is a hotfix under progress ;)

But if you put this in the init:

The C130 should be an AC130 any way. :)

Thanks for the update LDL!

/KC

Because it's a normal C130 ;)

Since version 0.5 every C130 behaves normal. Instead there's an AC130 in the units menu.

(USMC side) Of course OA only users can't see it. For that problem is a hotfix under progress ;)

But if you put this in the init:

The C130 should be an AC130 any way. :)

thats only works untill the plane gets destroyed in domination! after that no more ac script