LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

So I have a question. First off I wanna say I'm really enjoying this mod so far. But there seems to be a problem with the UAV. The standard hellfire attack doesn't do anything, I click, I hear a sound but nothing happens. The hellfire strike seems to work fine but the single hellfire attack seems to be broken.

Also, I was wondering If you'll ever add a nice AC-130 model, to sorta complete te picture.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hello!

The links for download of the versions 0.4 and 0.5 are broken. I would apreciate if you fix that, because I have only the standalone arma 2 and really liked that script.

Thank you.

hello everyone

Every link is online again.

I don't think that there will be any updates again. The project is too time consuming for one person... time that I don't have right now or that I want to spend on other things... ;)

Maybe Arma 3 will bring back my motivation.

thanks for using and enjoying my script :)

Dumb question - But how do I start with an AI flown AC130 already in the air above me ?? Im using ADDON version loaded - I have the LDL Logics placed on map - I have the Call LDL logics option sync'ed to my player, but he AC130 starts out on the ground......how can I hvae it alredy in the air?

Thanks

I figured it out! ....Thanks..

Edited by meade95

Would somebody please post up a mission with respawn working or post the relevant information here? I've culled this thread and still can't get my head around how to add the appropriate information to the init field of the soldier and the matching sqf necessary.

... and is there an archive of older files (AC130_v.0.5.zip) that can be accessed. An hour of googling and binging has come up empty. I''d like to add this to my plain old ArmA dedicated server that I run for my non OA friends.

Place it as instructed in the Tutorial here:

http://lurchiderlurch.lu.funpic.de/arma/readme_ac130.html

Look under:

2. Addon (index)

Where do i find these logic modules? http://lurchiderlurch.lu.funpic.de/arma/pics/Screen_sync.jpg

I think i have put the files in the right place but i always get this message.

LDL Init not initialized or 'LDL AC-130 Init' ('Logics' -> 'LDL Logics') missing

Edited by DeathDealer828

I tested both way (module and script) for the AC-130, and (maybe it's just me) I find that, using the modules, the 40mm makes explosion where it hit, whereas with the script version, the 40mm doesn't explode and we have to hit right on the target to kill it.

has anyone experienced the same?

Where do i find these logic modules?

I think i have put the files in the right place but i always get this message.

LDL Init not initialized or 'LDL AC-130 Init' ('Logics' -> 'LDL Logics') missing

You have to place a new unit. For "Side" you choose "Game Logic", for "Class" the "LDL Logics" and for "Unit" the "LDL AC-130 Init". But make sure you have a copy of the "LDL_ac130" folder in you mission folder.

But i got a question on my one:

I'm trying to use the AC-130 in my version of the "Fallujah Insurgency 1.50". It all works fine until the moment that i have to single click the map for the destination of the birds. I open the map, single click and then nothing happens o_O

I'm useing the addons without writing stuff into the init.sqf and the description.ext

I have to say that i'm a beginner in mission editing...

Thx for the help...

Hi, i see you nice addon, run well except for the multiplayer lag, but is a very good addon. I suggest you some many changes for more realism. Sorry for my english.

First of all, i see you is based in not realistic BF2 AC-130. You can see real monitor in this HD video, but this is probably the AC-130A or E Spectre (ignore title of the video, is wrong).

In this other video you can see the AC-130H Spectre monitor.

The other thing, you set 3 diferent magnifications for each weapon, but this is other unrealistic version of BF2. The ALLLTV is in the nose of the airplane, and this provide same system for all weapons, in other words, all weapons have same magnifications.

And if you read this thesis about AC-130 Urban Close Air Support, in the page 33 you can see the reals magnifications of the AC-130, 1.8, 10.8, 42.9, and 85.8. Well, ok, ArmA2 have maximum 10k of vision and operations in ArmA2 are between 1000 and 3000 altitude, i think you maximum 10 magnification is good, i extend to 12, but 10 is good, adapted to the simulator.

The other question is about tracer, if you see real operations, can see the AC-130 not use tracers, is simply, you do not want the enemy to have a clear vision of where you are. For this i thing is more good set False for tracers by default.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAoVo3SzRI

Hi Guys!

Could anybody explain how i can change the ammount of ammo in AC130.??!! (As the real AC130U has 3000; 256; 100 rounds..not 2000; 100; 40;)

Im nooby in scripting so i need detailed informations..!

Thank You

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

I use the PBO version, not the scripts..

Is there a Moderator or anyone else that knows how to reach LurchiDerLurch? I tried messaging a few weeks ago, but I don't think Lurchi has been active in several years.

Looking for something in particular?... I have an archive... or just his sage advice?

I wanted to know if he would allow others to modify it and release with proper credit, or if he planned to return someday. Thanks.

I’m a bit too lazy to look at the files... did he release it under any particular license? If so, the question may aleady be answered.

It said do not change and redistribute. The only thing I have done is fix the errors it throws in Arma 3 for the script-only version that I had used in my Arma 2 campaign way back when, and now have ported to Arma 3. As the script version was intended to be released within user missions, which is what I planned to do, I didn't think it would be a problem. However, I wanted to check to make sure this is not a problem. I am not redistributing it separately, nor am I fixing all of it, just the minimum to make it work without errors in my campaign. This feels like a gray area to me.