LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Hey Lurchi,

I don't know if you still have your v0.06 script copy of the AC-130 but I've been looking around for one. You wouldn't have any clues why the AC-130 Camera would stop working after some time with 0.06? The links are down for most of your older copies of the Ac-130 mod of yours. If you can please update those links it would make me a happy guy. I got hold of the GITS Evo v32 copy of it and I think it has bugs with it or the clan changed it around to their liking. I would grab your newest one but I'm afriad there might be some issues with it but I don't know. I need one that'll work good with ArmA 2 and I know a few things about coding if you let me know what I need to change to make your v0.08 work for ArmA 2 that be cool to :D.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4190432/AC130_v0.6.zip.html

Greetings folks :)

For the sake of clarity here's a little update of what I'm doing all the time (to stay precise: the time remaining for scripting among studies and other stuff :p)

Right now I'm rewriting the whole script. So if I'm done in v.0.9 you will be able to start more than just one script at the same time, switch between cameras and much more. For example call in an AC130 and switch to its camera if necesarry. At the very same time you can call a UAV, let it hover over your target area, switch to that camera and finally switch to the AC130 again. The mission maker will be able to change variables of every single script.

The motivation: At the moment the script is "hard coded" with many global variables. So it was only able to handle one script at the time. It is very hard to add new features. (I never thought that the script will ever be that known) And maybe the script is more fluent without 100 global variables :confused:

Now in v.0.9: Every script (AC130, UAV and every variation of it) is launched with the same setup script. The mission maker can decide precisely which feature he wants to activate in his script f.e. which vehicle should or should not be visible, is there a camera, what weapon script is the vehicle using... many variables can be changed afterwards (the setup script returns an object to handle this) and on the run like adding a camera. It will also be possible to write user scripts and let the script use these instead of the default scripts (f.e. default weapon script for the UAV)

I'm trying to keep the script transparent so that the implemenation into a mission and the control is as user friendly as possible. ;)

Lurchi

That's great news (and a LOT of work for you!)

I knew the script would be VERY popular :)

Keep up the good work, and if you need a tester, you know here I am.

Sound great!

Looking forward to the release even if my gaming time currently is very limited!

/KC

I have GITS Evolution running on my server. I'd like to replace the older version of this script already in the mission (I think 0.3) with the newer 0.8 version. How would I go about doing that? It's gotta be done in a way where the clients connecting to the server do not require the mod installed on their end, as it is now.

Download the recent version and replace the old LDL_ac130 folder with the new one. Have a look at the example mission especially at the files init.sqf and describtion.ext.

Hi guys.

So i'm intending to use your script in one of my domination edits. Thing is, i would like the number of UAVs available to increase with time. Meaning, i have three UAV left when starting, if i use one, it would be servicing for say one hour, during which i only have two left. But after that, i gain back the ability to use one more (without it ever going over say 3 UAVs). Been messing around a bit, but i couldn't find any satisfying way to do that. Anybody have ideas?

Btw, it would be a nice addition to the next version, imao.

Thanks

I have made a domination map with your @ldl, I have placed an LDL logics init and a call uav. Then i sync'd both to each character. However when in-game only I can scroll and access the Call UAV function. What have i done wrong? (And yes i sync'd both the init and the call UAV to all character slots) (Also Yes the people connecting to my server also are using @ldl Mod via Sixupdater) also we keep getting a black box with tons of script errors about particles :(

Edited by deerhunter101

Hello, I use ArmA 2 standalone and the link of the script v0.5 is dead, would you uplaod it again please ? Thanks a lot.

I'm using the script version of your great AC-130 in my modded Domination map. Would it be possible to add a laser designator? Or could I change one of the existing guns to be a laser?

So I'm using the Script version instead of the Addon (Addon doesn't seem to work for multiple players in Multiplayer)

It's all in correctly, and in the beta testing of the mission, I can use the AC130, however another player gets an error saying "LDL Init not initialized or 'LDL AC-130 Init' ('Logics' -> 'LDL Logics') missing"

I know the Logics can't be placed because it's not the Mod/Addon.

All of the coding is in the correct place in Description.exe and init.sqf

What else could be the cause of this problem?

hi all,

i have a problem to implement the script in to a existing coop domi mission, i use the script only variant v.0.8, so player can join without the mod,

i put this line (nul = [this] execVM "LDL_ac130\Addon\ac130_init_AC130.sqf"; ) to the plane and if i go to the seats it shows me the right options for pilot and gunner,

but if i use the camera then i got this (resource LDL_Monitor not found) and so on, it seams that the script is in the wrong folder,

the script folder LDL_ac130 is in the main folder of the mission. what do i make wrong?

thanks for help

Anjan

You also need to read the readme for this. There are other parts needed in the description.ext for instance.

thanks,

but i did all the stuff in the description.ext and init.sqf that i read in the readme, can you give me a hint please.

edit: so far so good, it works but now it can't find the sounds

Edited by Anjan-Riot

You may need to place the sounds in another directory (off root) and point to there. I've come up against this before with relative paths instead of proper paths.

thanks,

after i make a pbo, it works with the sound, i don't know why.

thanks for the help.

anjan

Lurchi gibts nen weg die Maus aus der Gunner sicht rauszubekommen? oder ist die nur in deinem video drin (hab nur bis version 0.4 gezockt und seit dem den faden Verloren und wollt dein script mal wieder nutzen) Kannst mich auch per BF-G anschreiben!

Lurchi gibts nen weg die Maus aus der Gunner sicht rauszubekommen? oder ist die nur in deinem video drin (hab nur bis version 0.4 gezockt und seit dem den faden Verloren und wollt dein script mal wieder nutzen) Kannst mich auch per BF-G anschreiben!

This is an English forum, please post in English. If needed you can use an online translater to translate the text for you and add it above the German text!

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

Well it says "please"so.

but i write in English if u want:

Lurchi is it possible to make the mouse invisible in the Gunner view?

Well it says "please"so.

Lurchi is it possible to make the mouse invisible in the Gunner view?

The mouse is invisible in the newest Beta 0.8 ;D

Well it says "please"so.

It says "please" cause the rules obviously have more polite manners than you have or what you imply to think are acceptable manners in a privatly owned forum.

When you have any further questions regarding the forum rules feel free to sent me a PM (in English!).

I have made a domination map with your @ldl, I have placed an LDL logics init and a call uav. Then i sync'd both to each character. However when in-game only I can't scroll and access the Call UAV function. What have i done wrong? (And yes i sync'd both the init and the call UAV to all character slots) (Also Yes the people connecting to my server also are using @ldl Mod via Sixupdater) also we keep getting a black box with tons of script errors about particles :(

Having the same problem as this user, Is the AI AC130 and remote AC-130/UAV disabled in multiplayer? everything worked fine during the mission editor phase, I assigned all of the privileges to the appropriate units, tested them all and it all worked fine, but when I actually pbo it up and launch it in a multiplayer game, no scroll options are available, but I can still fly the plane while someone else guns. But that is not what I want it for.

Also, we're still getting the mouse cursor as well.

Edited by Amnesty
additional info

Firstly thanks for the fantastic job with this addon / script,

I add this script but only UAV functions, and my question is that I can delete files to save space? and which are unnecessary to use the UAV?

Greetings and Thanks.