LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

I came to the conclusion that the strobes will NOT be visible in FLIR and ONLY in NVG. Why? Because there should be a reason to switch to NVG during night and not only use FLIR all the time. ;)

Or you simply add this to your init:

not tested but should work.

Even better, just tested and it works as it should!

/KC

Spent most of the afternoon using this great UAV script, with the warping fixes in the 1.60 patch and the "wierd AI behavior" fix mentioned by Lurchi above it's a blast! Great tool to evaluate general AI behavior as well...

Thanks again for making and sharing this Lurchi!

/KC

For some reason this I get a problem where my screen is white and I can see nothing. (I tried running it without any other mods and I still get this problem. (Im using Comined ops lite with RFNT)) If this or the fact that Im a newer version of ArmA 2 then let me know, otherwise thier is a bug or somthing. Thanks in advance

Hi mate.

Did you have any luck using the new AC130 model with this?

Im using Comined ops lite with RFNT

What is RFNT?

I have not experienced the issue you mentioned running on Combined Op's (+ BAF + PMC).

/KC

Thanks Papa, learn something new each day ;)

/KC

Hi

Good evening mates,

I did some testing to find out what causes the AI to fail in Singleplayer (AI didn't attack and ignored themself)

After lots of testing with the camera and last but not least with my script itself I came to a solution: The infrared strobe script causes the weird AI behaviour... I don't know why exactly. I'll have to do further testing on that.

But if you have problems with the AI in singleplayer just deactivate the strobe script:

LDL_Adjustments =

[

/* 0. Infantry Strobes*/ [false, false]/*Explanation: Enable Infantry Strobes / Show them at startup. Default: [true, true]*/,

];

This should do fine until I find a solution. [/Quote]

What file exactly do I need to edit this in? I have installed LDL with 6U!

Thanks

Edited by SgtWilson

lurchiDerLurch, I was trying to make a mission and through you readme i couldnt find the answer. Is it possible to make an ai pilot fly and follow waypoints in the perfect circle without the player having to physically be in the camera mode?

Of course you can. There is a complete AI version, that pilots and uses the 3 guns. Jesus - it is DEVASTATING too !

Check the documentation again. I'm at work so I can't check the coding for you.

thanks for your input but thats not what im refering to, i want the ai to ONLY pilot, but i would have control of the guns ONLY. i want us to be independent of each other (if i get out of the guns camera it will still maintain its flight pattern.

OK .... thats the way the system works normally. You spawn an AC130 and you have a choice (depending what you put in the init)

a) You pilot the AC130 (and have another human as gunner)

b) You get AI to pilot and you gun

c) You get AI to pilot AND gun

You just need to read the help again, and try the mission made by lurchi. It has everything in it that you need.

For some reason this I get a problem where my screen is white and I can see nothing. (I tried running it without any other mods and I still get this problem. (Im using Comined ops lite with RFNT)) If this or the fact that Im a newer version of ArmA 2 then let me know, otherwise thier is a bug or somthing. Thanks in advance

Same thing happens to me.

hey lurchi

We had some MP testing tonight and got follow error. :S

It apears everytime when the gunner shoots a 105mm.

Well, how the script is going on? Any news?

What about the AC 130 modell?

Wish you a nice day/night

Binary

;D

if(daytime > 20 || daytime>

Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.takistan\LDL_ac130\Misc\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 76

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_smoketrail setDropInterval 0.002;

};

sleep 0.05;

Error position: <sleep 0.05;

Hey Lurchi,

Just a quick one. In the script, if you get killed when in FLIR mode (UAV or AC130), it continues if you enter any other camera mode :( Possible fix ?

hey lurchi

We had some MP testing tonight and got follow error. :S

It apears everytime when the gunner shoots a 105mm.

Well, how the script is going on? Any news?

What about the AC 130 modell?

Wish you a nice day/night

Binary

;D

Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.takistan\LDL_ac130\Misc\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 76

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_smoketrail setDropInterval 0.002;

};

sleep 0.05;

Error position: <sleep 0.05;

This bug is known... the sleep is somehow not allowed there...

Hey Lurchi,

Just a quick one. In the script, if you get killed when in FLIR mode (UAV or AC130), it continues if you enter any other camera mode :( Possible fix ?

:eek: we had this issue some time ago.. I thought we had fixed it? :eek:

I just don't have the time for A2 right now... I'll have to install it again I had so many ideas for this script :j:

hmm, i think i know why, i'll try to explain it in english ^^

Maybe the problem is, that this sleep command is between the if commands in the if command?

look the spoiler, maybe you get what i mean xD

if(condition) then {

if(condition) then {code} else {code};

sleep 0.05;

};

Well please dont judge me if its wrong, iam a script noob. xd

Actually, i finished my first working (more or less) script function. (it has something to do with your script and Domi)

Whatever, i hope i could help you. ^^

sincerly

B1n4ry

Edited by B1n4ry

hmm, i think i know why, i'll try to explain it in english ^^

Maybe the problem is, that this sleep command is between the if commands in the if command?

look the spoiler, maybe you get what i mean xD

if(condition) then {

sleep 0.05;

};

Well please dont judge me if its wrong, iam a script noob. xd

Actually, i finished my first working (more or less) script function. (it has something to do with your script and Domi)

Whatever, i hope i could help you. ^^

sincerly

B1n4ry

No ;) As far as i know the issue is deep in the engine. the createParticleSource.sqf is caused by an event and sleep is not allowed in events. you're also not allowed to use sleep in a keyEvent or mouseEvent function

Hey Lurchi,

I don't know if you still have your v0.06 script copy of the AC-130 but I've been looking around for one. You wouldn't have any clues why the AC-130 Camera would stop working after some time with 0.06? The links are down for most of your older copies of the Ac-130 mod of yours. If you can please update those links it would make me a happy guy. I got hold of the GITS Evo v32 copy of it and I think it has bugs with it or the clan changed it around to their liking. I would grab your newest one but I'm afriad there might be some issues with it but I don't know. I need one that'll work good with ArmA 2 and I know a few things about coding if you let me know what I need to change to make your v0.08 work for ArmA 2 that be cool to :D.

Hey Justin,

I think you should try 0.8

We use it on our public server with no problems

(well, except that the options for the co pilot disapear and, that is what it looks like,

is only aviable if you use 1st Person view and look in a specific directon, pretty strange)

I added it in the new Domination (zc) with the vehicle.sqf (forgot the name, its a respawn script).

Just try it ;D

sincerly,

B1n4ry