LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Got it! (my fault)

Although this seems to be realistic to me, "Distance to the target (2500m - 4500m), Altitude of the AC-130 (more than 1500m), requires a great setviewdistance, which might be a problem for some players. At least in combined ground/ac130 missions. Are those values changeable by the gunners-parameters menu?

Anyway it works for us now as it should. Thanks again for answering my questions and this splendid script.

If I understand him correctly, he's not referring to any type of bug with your great script, it's more of a feature request. The same one I made awhile back...

"Automatically maximize view distance while in camera mode"

So that we can better see objects on the ground while using your script, w/o being required to maximize our view distance for the entire game session.

Some of us don't play the game with viewdistance set to maximum because our machines can't handle it. So when we try to use your script, items on the ground like trees and tanks aren't even visible (unless we fly super low I guess). We can fly right over the enemy and never know it.

If it's possible, and if you are interested, one more option to automatically set viewdistance to maximum while in camera mode might go a long way towards enjoyment factor of this script.

If I understand him correctly, he's not referring to any type of bug with your great script, it's more of a feature request. The same one I made awhile back...

Exactly.

Just a FYI and don't know if it give you any clues... Got this several times when testing AI controlled AC130, happend in both addon and script version 0.80 and after the error the addon/script doesn't work anymore. Ohh maybe I should mention that I'm using the latest 1.60 Beta while testing.

Error in expression <, 2]call _shoot;

}

else

{

_i = 0;

while{alive LDL_fixPos && _i < 3 && typeName L>

Error position: <alive LDL_fixPos && _i < 3 && typeName L>

Error alive: Type Array, expected Object

File LDL_ac130\AC130\ac130_AI_shooting.sqf, line 135

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't get the menu option "AC130 Attack Laser Target" to work. I have the laser marker + battery and make sure laser is active (can see the red dot on ground) but menu does not change. The other two menu options seems to work OK. Any clues?

Another thing... maybe adding a new parameter to make the AC130/UAV civil|captive since when flying over target area the enemy infantry AI mostly aim in the sky and ignore other threats.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Hey guys, what are the best missions involving this that are based around it somehow? E.g. anything except the demo mission and evolution?

Great mod!

How do you remove "film grain" from optics?

AC130 have very clear optics.

Thank you for this awsome mod!!!

Scott

I've recently updated to the latest version of LDL and I've come to a new problem. When firing the cannon (can't remember the cannon size, the one with the biggest bang!) my game often freezes as a result of it.

Usually I can fire 1 or 2 but if I keep firing, usually around the 3rd or 4th (sometimes even on the first time) the game locks up entirely. This never happened before with my previous version (0.6) so I rolled back, but now the problem affects 0.6 also.

I thought it was due to a mod, but I had to reinstall my OS due to a registry problem, installed Arma 2 CO again, installed the 0.6 and much to my amazement, it still happens.

It never happened until I upgraded to 0.8. Normally, I could have spammed the whole place with all my cannon ammo with no problem, but not anymore.

Any ideas/fixes??

Thanks

so does anyone have a working multiplayer mission where the script version of this still works after the C130 respawns?

because its all good and fun that you have to use the INIT line but after the plane respawns the ac130 no longer works!

any way to fix that? this probably requires some special respawn script that adds the init line to the newly created aircraft!

So it never occured with 0.6? But NOW it also occures with 0.6? ... so it seems a ARMA2 problem?

Indeed so, but it literally never happened until 0.8...

Indeed so, but it literally never happened until 0.8...

For various reasons, fresh reinstall of combined ops and used 6 updater to install LDL, and it works perfectly. No issues.

Quick question regarding this addon - which does 'Vehicle Detection' do? I couldn't find an explanation in the readme or in this thread, and when the function is used whilst operating the AC-130 it doesn't seem to do anything. Does it flag enemy units to your side or something like that? Thanks.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128975&page=2

Just to be clear on this and make sure I have it right during testing.

These visual models by pook only work with scripted version of LDL - not the addon version ?

Shame - be nice to see both if you can manage it :)

You can use any vehicle if you add the init line. But the AC130 which comes with my AddOn has uses the C130 model. But we were already working on a model for the AddOn. There will definitely a model in v.8.1 ;)

Quick question regarding this addon - which does 'Vehicle Detection' do? I couldn't find an explanation in the readme or in this thread, and when the function is used whilst operating the AC-130 it doesn't seem to do anything. Does it flag enemy units to your side or something like that? Thanks.

It detects any vehicle on the screen. Disabled by default. You must enable it in the init.sqf first.

The readme is still out of date at some points and not as detailed as I'd like it to be... shame on me :(

It detects any vehicle on the screen. Disabled by default. You must enable it in the init.sqf first.

The readme is still out of date at some points and not as detailed as I'd like it to be... shame on me :(

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Thanks for chiming in Lurchi, looking forward to whatever you may release in the future...

/KC

Good evening mates,

I did some testing to find out what causes the AI to fail in Singleplayer (AI didn't attack and ignored themself)

After lots of testing with the camera and last but not least with my script itself I came to a solution: The infrared strobe script causes the weird AI behaviour... I don't know why exactly. I'll have to do further testing on that.

But if you have problems with the AI in singleplayer just deactivate the strobe script:

LDL_Adjustments =

[

/* 0. Infantry Strobes*/ [false, false]/*Explanation: Enable Infantry Strobes / Show them at startup. Default: [true, true]*/,

];

This should do fine until I find a solution.

Now the question: When should the infrared strobe (http://www.google.de/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=de&site=&source=hp&q=infrared+strobe&pbx=1&oq=infrared+strobe&aq=f&aqi=g-L2g-vL2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=254l2575l0l2696l15l10l0l2l2l0l333l1815l0.7.2.1l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9e9b1678de286be4&biw=1680&bih=860) be visible? Night vision? FLIR?

Just tested with my old AI test missions and I can confrm that the wierd AI behavior is gone with IR strobes OFF! Would never have thought that they would cause this issue... :D

Now the question: When should the infrared strobe be visible? Night vision? FLIR?

IR strobes in RL are only visible when using NVG's (or special IR optics).

Another thing would it be possible to have an option that makes the AC-130/UAV neutral (i.e SetCaptive) so enemy AI just ignores it when flying over their heads?

Enemy tanks etc. tries to engage the AC-130/UAV with HMG and several times I've seen enemy AI infantry "stuck" looking up towards the AC-130/UAV and thus being less effective towards ground threats, in RL they fly to high for HMG's to touch them.

Also what version of mando Missiles is recommended, the latest or will older 2.4B4 work as well?

Keep up your great work!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

If anyone wants to test having the UAV neutral open up and edit:

...\LDL_ac130\Setups\uav_rot_setup.sqf

and add following line:

LDL_flyMode = 1;

// ### ADD THIS LINE ###

LDL_ac130_plane setCaptive true;

//Create dialog

["UAV"]execVM "LDL_ac130\Dialog\dlg_create.sqf";

Tested with version 0.8.

/KC

Or you simply add this to your init:

LDL_userInit = 
{
if(LDL_plane_type == "UAV") then
{
LDL_ac130_plane setCaptive true;
};
};

not tested but should work.

the user init is always called when the script initializes his variables (so whenever a new ac130/uav is set up)

IR Strobes:

Does anybody have an idea for the IR Strobes? A lightsource would be visible from above but the light is too bright... I'll have to check out ACE2. There are already IR Strobes right?