LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Added the weapons to the c130 but I need to wait for permission from original maker for the ok to release it. The Arma sample models did not come with a c130 so I used a community made one. Once I get the go/no go I will let you know.

no answer yet? :(

Sorry, new to all this..On the sample mission we start in the 130 and change to autopiolt and get the gunner screen...how do one access the UAV?

Only from the ground with a soldier. you can start the uav with the action menu... but this must pre-defined in the mission. have a look at the readme.

of course there's the alternative way with scripts but it's only for advanced users ;)

Sorry still waiting on the ok to use mlod. I got another model from another game and ahve sent email to owner so there is a back up in place.

LurchiDerLurch is there a sample mission that has the UAV working? I did read the Readme, its "Advanced" for me :(

Only from the ground with a soldier. you can start the uav with the action menu... but this must pre-defined in the mission. have a look at the readme.

of course there's the alternative way with scripts but it's only for advanced users ;)

Edited by HunterTX

@HunterTX

step 1: start the editor step 2: choose a soldier eg rifleman. step 3: go to gamelogic and choose AC130 INIT. step 4: syncronize the AC130 INIT unit to your rifleman.

step 6: go into gamelogic and you should see a 'unit' thats called UAV. step 7 start the game and have fun ;)

@HunterTX

step 1: start the editor step 2: choose a soldier eg rifleman. step 3: go to gamelogic and choose AC130 INIT. step 4: syncronize the AC130 INIT unit to your rifleman.

step 6: go into gamelogic and you should see a 'unit' thats called UAV. step 7 start the game and have fun ;)

thank you ;) a little addition: it's not necesarry to synchronize the init and you must install the add on for this.

Thanks - Turns out I did not have to do all that. I used the mission that was packed with the download, it had a flying AC130 in it and also had a soldier on the ground but he was not playable..made him playable he already had the code in his Int area to access the UAV and AC130 previewed the mission selected the soldier and had access to all the options for UAV and AC130 :) Very cool script/addon LurchiDerLurch.

Still no news about the ac130 model?

I really hope to see that with this mod:)

Keep up the awesome work Lurchi!

hi all, I got a question about the non-script solution: in the readme it says

1.3.3 Type 3: "Can call UAV"

Every unit or object which is synchronized with that logic has the action to call a rotating UAV via mapclick

I did that and it works when I - as host - play that unit the uav is synchronized to, but if a buddy of mine is given this role in the multiplayer setup it doesn't work for him... ? He can't see the "call uav" thing. Strangely if I go near him (the synchronized unit) the "call uav" appears for me. :confused:

what do I have to change to get this to work for everybody and not just the host?

the client must execute the code... so you'll have to deal with the basics of MP scripting.

I think you must take this code and put it in the init.sqf but I'm not that experienced in MP scripting ;)

Type 3: Ability to call rotating UAV via mapclick

this addAction ["Call UAV", "LDL_ac130\Actions\uav_action_map.sqf"];

Still no news about the ac130 model?

I really hope to see that with this mod:)

Keep up the awesome work Lurchi!

Lazy people. Go back one page. Still waiting for permission.

The script v 0.7 I've added to Domi 2.54 dedi server works great for a time...then gets stuck before spawning to map click area - camera stays on the ground ? I have to restart the server as a fix. Any ideas for a fix ?

Thanks for AC -130 :D

Dont hate on me :) Im very new with mods in Arma...How do I get this to work on another map? I tried to take the mission that I have working and rename the folder to mission.name_of_Map but that did not work - Thanks for any advise :)

You need to move all the scripts over to the new mission folder. There are a ton of tutorials on the forums on how to make missions. Also the read me that comes with the AC130 tells you what you need to do.

First page of thread tells you what you need to do also.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

The easiest way to ensure that the script is working correctly is to copy everything except the "mission.sqm" from the example mission

Which inlcudes:

- LDL_ac130 (folder)

- describtion.ext

- init.sqf

Be careful with the describtion.ext and the init.sqf because they usually consist mission specific data. If these files already exist you will have to add the new codes to the existing files.

I'm currently working on a detailed (online) readme which is more understandable than the existing one. Also with screenshots etc.

But it's not finished and already adapted to v.0.8 which is not yet released. ;)

Sounds great, thanks for all your work have spent many hrs having fun with the UAV and the C130 :)

the client must execute the code... so you'll have to deal with the basics of MP scripting.

I think you must take this code and put it in the init.sqf but I'm not that experienced in MP scripting ;)

Type 3: Ability to call rotating UAV via mapclick

argh! stupid me... thx I'll try to use my brain next time ;-)

but I got one more question: When inside the uav/spooky I can't use my VOIP/push-to-talk button. IOW while using the uav/spooky I can't talk to my guys... any idea?

This is probably the most important time to be speaking to your troops, to call danger close etc!

hi all, I got a question about the non-script solution: in the readme it says

1.3.3 Type 3: "Can call UAV"

Every unit or object which is synchronized with that logic has the action to call a rotating UAV via mapclick

I did that and it works when I - as host - play that unit the uav is synchronized to, but if a buddy of mine is given this role in the multiplayer setup it doesn't work for him... ? He can't see the "call uav" thing. Strangely if I go near him (the synchronized unit) the "call uav" appears for me. :confused:

what do I have to change to get this to work for everybody and not just the host?

I had the same issue and solved it by placing the ASI line that DerLurch listed in his response to you:

in the init line of any playable character to whom you want to grant the ability to call a UAV or AC-130.

EDITED as issue was solved.

Edited by Hatchetforce

This is probably the most important time to be speaking to your troops, to call danger close etc!

I know but fact is that I need the dialog for 1) Display the HUD (could work with an overlay too with some limitations) and 2) to catch the mouse movement to control the camera.

And second fact is that you can't push-to-talk while in the dialog.

If there's a way to enable the pus-to-talk action via script or otherwise manually.....

LurchiDerLurch,

If you could do a sample mission for the Addon that would be great, I am so new to this stuff the sample missions really help.

Thank you!

If needed I can upload an example mission for the Addon as well

I have a quad core and the problem was gone... maybe it's back with a few more tests. Could you upload your test mission please?

@nicke157: There is only an example mission for the script version because it's quite easy to set up the Addon.

If needed I can upload an example mission for the Addon as well. ;)