LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

This is really wierd!?

I retested the same mission today with same version as I used last thursday (as well as with the latest 1.58.78927) and the problem is back again!? as long as I'm in the UAV the AI just ignore the enemy BMP's and runs past them without engaging, I'm stumped...

I have no idea how and why it worked OK a few days ago and in all tests I used no addons, only the scriptversion of this great script. Anyone having any ideas?

Could it be related to my dual core CPU? Anyone using a quad core that experiencing the same

(see this post for more info and repro testmission)?

/KC

I have a quad core and the problem was gone... maybe it's back with a few more tests. Could you upload your test mission please?

@nicke157: There is only an example mission for the script version because it's quite easy to set up the Addon.

If needed I can upload an example mission for the Addon as well. ;)

If there is evil fun on earth it's called LurchiDerLurch ac130 script. Grrrrrrreat work!

One question though: The uav fires Hellfires right? I need at least 5 to 6 Hellfires to destroy a tank, lets say a Tunguska. If I fire a Hellfire from a Helicopter I just need one... Are those Hellfires different?

I have a quad core and the problem was gone... maybe it's back with a few more tests. Could you upload your test mission please?

The repro mission is still linked in previous post #331 but here is the direct URL ;)

This is using version 0.60 of you script

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/AC130-UAV_AI_Behavior.zip

This is using version 0.70 of you script

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/AC130-UAV_AI_Behavior_070.zip

Curious if it's working for you, pls try a couple of times and let me know what version you are running, I tested today with beta builds 78188, 78413, 78888 and 78927.

Also exactly like before, if I don't jump into the UAV at mission start the AI engages the two BMP within a few minutes.

Also if I exit the UAV when friendly AI is close to the BMP's (also if they first run past them) they will engage them imediatly when I exit the script. Really wierd and there must be some explanation???

Thanks again Lurchi!

Edit: Added one more repro mission using version 0.70

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

If there is evil fun on earth it's called LurchiDerLurch ac130 script. Grrrrrrreat work!

One question though: The uav fires Hellfires right? I need at least 5 to 6 Hellfires to destroy a tank, lets say a Tunguska. If I fire a Hellfire from a Helicopter I just need one... Are those Hellfires different?

Yeah noticed that, too. I don't know what's wrong with them...

@KeyCat: Will take a look at it some time ;)

Yeah noticed that, too. I don't know what's wrong with them...

Ok, I just wanted to know because I wasn't sure if the problem is caused by something from my side... Well it's not a big deal - I work around it by making potential targets damaged 45% ab ovo then one HF is enough to blast them into pieces :cool:. Anyway, your addon/ script totally rocks, but I guess you know that already. What's missing to absolute perfection is a modeled AC-130 with all the guns and stuff sticking out of its fuselage, but that's just cosmetics for war-puritans... \m/

@KeyCat: Will take a look at it some time ;)

No problem Lurchi... In the meantime I will continue testing and post results here (if any), there must be some logical explanation to this AI wierdness.

/KC

The included mission not working for me. Once I start it I get the error message:

Fixed. I forgot some code in my mission from AC-130.

Yep a model would be great... but I'm a noob at 3D modeling ;)

If you need a quick and dirty model done with the weapons non functional I can do that for you. I have all I need with the BIS sample stuff. It is no biggie to cut and paste the weapons on to it as long as they don't need to work.

Hey guys

this might seem like a dumb question but how can I initiate the rearm logic?

Hey guys

this might seem like a dumb question but how can I initiate the rearm logic?

initiate? Just place the logic (it's in the same menu like the init)

Addon installed?

If you need a quick and dirty model done with the weapons non functional I can do that for you. I have all I need with the BIS sample stuff. It is no biggie to cut and paste the weapons on to it as long as they don't need to work.

Definitely better than nothing :yay:

The weapons aren't used in the script anyway... the weapons will be always scripted... and an explosion/sound is also scripted... so we just need statics.. and no one will care if they turn or really shot ;)

Cool. Ill send you a pm on Friday or Saturday night with a download link with completed model. Hell I will even do the inside of it if I have time.

initiate? Just place the logic (it's in the same menu like the init)

Addon installed?

Yes mate I have the addon installed and I did place the logic but what do I have to do to get the AC130 to rearm?

In the readme it says within 50m and I'm unsure on what that means?

Cheers for the help

Cool. Ill send you a pm on Friday or Saturday night with a download link with completed model. Hell I will even do the inside of it if I have time.

That is excellent news Prototype !

A gunship 3D-model is great news but I hope Lutchi will also keep the script version to be used with or without additional addons.

/KC

A gunship 3D-model is great news but I hope Lutchi will also keep the script version to be used with or without additional addons.

/KC

There will always be a script version ;)

Yes mate I have the addon installed and I did place the logic but what do I have to do to get the AC130 to rearm?

In the readme it says within 50m and I'm unsure on what that means?

Cheers for the help

Hm... I need more information ;) Maybe you've found a bug.

To go sure: The AC130 with a pilot in it must be in a distance of 50 metres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre) away from the logic. If the AC130 is rearmed a little text will appear and it's done ;)

Would be totally awesome! :butbut:

There will always be a script version ;)

:icon14:

/KC

Added the weapons to the c130 but I need to wait for permission from original maker for the ok to release it. The Arma sample models did not come with a c130 so I used a community made one. Once I get the go/no go I will let you know.

Added the weapons to the c130 but I need to wait for permission from original maker for the ok to release it.

Awesome work Prototype. I do hope you get the ok to release it.

LurchiDerLurch I think I might have got the rearm AC-130 init to work but I will test tonight after work.

Thanks to both of you Gentlemen for all your hard work

I am getting a number of scripting errors that only seem to occur when you save and reload a mission. I'm using the 0.7 version, and to be sure, I tested with the demo mission. In order to recreate it, run the demo mission, go to autopilot, do some shooting from the AC130, escape back to pilot's seat, save the game, load what you just saved, go back to autopilot so you can shoot some more. At this point, only the 25mm gun will work. The 40mm and 105mm take errors like this:

LDL_PublicLDLCannon105Sound = LDL>
 Error Generic error in expression
File C:\Users\Treggus\Documents\ArmA 2\missions\AC130_v0_7_Script.Zargabad\LDL_ac130\Misc\ac130_calculateBullet.sqf, line 128
Error in expression <0,_z * 40];

I originally found this playing one of my missions with the AC130 script, where I call in support from the ground, and the first time it works fine. Save and reload, and the 2nd time it throws errors. If you save and reload before the first round of fire support, it works fine, until the 2nd time you call support.

Also in the demo version, after the reload and switching to autopilot for the 2nd time, I get this error:

Error in expression < removeAction _action1;
LDL_ac130_plane removeAction _action2;

LDL_SystemsActiv>
 Error position: <removeAction _action2;

Hello

thank you for your help.

Did this error occur in earlier versions, too? Do you know that?

I think some essential scripts aren't running anymore after loading... which should not happen ;)

I will take a closer look at it.

Lurchi

Hi everyone, I've started to modify a version of insurgency and I am using this script version to add decent working UAV's. My problem is that when I start the script using a UAV terminal, the timer runs out and the camera starts to pan to the UAV, which spawns. However when it get's to the UAV the screen turns black, then I end up on the ground again with an error. "Resource LDL_UAVDialog not found". I've looked through the files and see similiar files. I've compared your stock mission with my mission incase I've accidently missed something. They are the same. Any help would be appreciated.

After a couple wasted hours I learned the defines were placed improperly. Great script it makes the UAV usable again.

Edited by finneyz24

finney, it sounds like you havent put the required stuff in the description.ext file.

Remember that there can be conflicts with dialogs, so you need to keep your wits about you.

I know that I never saw any errors in the previous version, although I can't say for sure if I ever did a save and reload. I tend to play through unless I'm KIA, which is why I found it this time. The mod is awesome though, great work.