LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

:o So it works the same, place the object and place the init, or can they share the same init

UAV can (at the moment) only be called via mapclick. So place the init (same init as the AC130) and the call init for the UAV and sync this with the player.

Otherwise the UAV could always be called via scripting.

*best addon till so far*

This brings so much more to the game.

really impressed what you did again! the UAV is great, providing anti tank capicity to even the smallest infantry units and finally I'm able to see something with an UAV without the constant turning and crashing after contact.

Nice new sounds for the AC-130 and great to see the AI version show up with all that violence after 2 minutes :) good to be able to adapt the height and radius in the map. especially at night its great with the tracers.

Is there a way to give the hellfires from the UAV more area damage? shooting a group of takis will only kill 2 of the 5.

Keep up the great work.

I really like this addon, but i was shocked by the damage the single weapons do, compared to similar weaponclasses. Considering that the 25mm and 40mm calibers are displayed as AP shells and the 105mm as HEAT. I made a simple tweak to the values and played your mission 2 more times. The values are a good balance of fun and more realism. Just my 2 cents.

class LDL_25mm : ShellBase

{

hit = 10;

indirectHit = 5;

indirectHitRange = 5;

typicalspeed = 1300;

explosive = 0.8;

cost = 50;

model = "\ca\Weapons\shell";

CraterEffects = "ExploAmmoCrater";

explosionEffects = "ExploAmmoExplosion";

};

class LDL_40mm : ShellBase

{

hit = 300;

indirectHit = 30;

indirectHitRange = 8;

typicalspeed = 1300;

explosive = 0.8;

cost = 300;

CraterEffects = "ImpactEffectsBig";

explosionEffects = "HEShellExplosion";

};

class LDL_105mm : ShellBase

{

hit = 1000;

indirectHit = 100;

indirectHitRange = 30;

typicalspeed = 1300;

explosive = 1.6;

cost = 900;

CraterEffects = "BombCrater";

explosionEffects = "BombExplosion";

};

I'm always glad about help ;) thank you. I'll have a look at your suggestion when I have time.

@pre-Vet: MMA enabled?

@pre-Vet: MMA enabled?

Yes I have, the damage seems to only be in the cirle when you do a "hellfire strike" so you can even pick out 1 person out of a group and leave te rest alive and kicking.

maybe give it more area damage or something. A Hellfire has 8 to 9 kg of explosives so equivilent to a antitank mine.

thnx for the attention ;)

AGM-114R Hellfire II

* Version optimized for use from UCAVs (increased engagement envelope)

* Target: Bunkers, light vehicles, urban (soft) targets and caves

Not all hellfires are created equally.

I don't understand the labeling of the ammo types. Why are 105mm HEAT rounds being fired at infantry and killing dozens of them? How are the 40mm rounds Sabots if they are exploding? An exploding sabot round makes no sense. You would just use the full width of the barrel.

AGM-114R Hellfire II

* Version optimized for use from UCAVs (increased engagement envelope)

* Target: Bunkers, light vehicles, urban (soft) targets and caves

Not all hellfires are created equally.

Maybe then it would be better to have different warheads available to the player. The ones in the game seem to be more suitable for armour, with less collateral damage.

Has anyone found a way to stop the action menu dissapearing when player respawns? I have tried a bunch off stuff but nothings working:mad:

I don't understand the labeling of the ammo types. Why are 105mm HEAT rounds being fired at infantry and killing dozens of them?

Dude, if you were in a group of people that got hit by a 105 heat round you'd all be pretty dead.

I agree with you about the 40mm sabot though.

Love this, thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm sorry to have to ask, but I just don't understand the proper way to follow this instruction;

Note: If your mission already has a CfgSounds add the line "#include "LDL_ac130\Includes\CfgSounds.hpp"" to the existing CfgSounds

I'm using a mission that already has norrin's revive/respawn script, which contains the CfgSounds in it already, but I just don't understand / can't figure out the proper way to add that line.

I'm trying to use the script version, Type 3: Ability to call rotating UAV via mapclick.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Love this, thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm sorry to have to ask, but I just don't understand the proper way to follow this instruction;

Note: If your mission already has a CfgSounds add the line "#include "LDL_ac130\Includes\CfgSounds.hpp"" to the existing CfgSounds

I'm using a mission that already has norrin's revive/respawn script, which contains the CfgSounds in it already, but I just don't understand / can't figure out the proper way to add that line.

I'm trying to use the script version, Type 3: Ability to call rotating UAV via mapclick.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Look at the describtion.ext.

If you find a part that looks like this:

class CfgSounds
{
};

You've found the place where the sounds that are used in the mission are defined. My script also needs sounds and every sound in A2 has to be defined.

So If no CfgSounds is in the describtion you will have to write it by yourself:

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};
#include "LDL_ac130\Includes\CfgSounds.hpp"
};

But your mission already has defined sounds so the describtion.ext already has the lines

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};
//SOME SOUNDS ALREADY DEFINED HERE
};

Then you must expand this code with the missing defintions from my script. Because A2 doesn't except two CfgSounds:

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};
//SOME SOUNDS ALREADY DEFINED HERE
};

I hope you understood this now ;)

If you have any other questions or problems you know where to post them ;)

Lurchi

Thank you very much LurchiDerLurch for the detailed reply. And I think I understand the problem now, just not how to fix it.

You are very clear (and helpful) for how to place this in the description.ext. And I thank you for that.

But where I'm still confused is because when you use the Revive script for your mission, the CfgSounds is not in the description.ext. It's not in what I guess you would call the 'root' folder of your mission. It's actually in \revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp.

So I'm trying to figure out how to properly refer to that folder. I'm trying things like ..\..\ or cd \ .. \ ..

But I also now realize that this isn't a "problem" with your mod. I'm only having this issue because I'm trying to add your mod to a mission that uses Revive, and maybe I should be asking in the Revive thread.

Sorry for taking your time! :o

the config.cpp is pretty sure for the addon.

look at the describtion.ext and search for "#include"

This "copies" the file "CfgSounds.hpp" into the describtion.ext

So it could be the issue that the revive script includes the whole CfgSounds in that way.

This would be quite a bad way of scripting because adding sounds afterwards is impossible.

Well, there are some revive related #include lines in my description.ext, and I added yours to the list. This enabled me to fire up the mission w/o crashing, but I got error messages along the lines of "Sound LDL_Amb09 not found".

What I ended up doing, was just going to your Sounds list, and copy/paste the whole thing into the revive CfgSounds. Probably not the way it's supposed to work, but at least I can load up and play the mission without any errors popping up.

BTW - is it possible to slow the UAV down? I see that I can move it around with arrow keys, but it just seems hard to keep an eye out for stuff because it's flying so fast. At least to me it seems that way.

Thank you for your time.

^^ that's what I have had to do to get addons working together. It's a bit of pain but worth it !

What I ended up doing, was just going to your Sounds list, and copy/paste the whole thing into the revive CfgSounds. Probably not the way it's supposed to work, but at least I can load up and play the mission without any errors popping up.

That's exactly what i was talking about ^^ There is only one CfgSounds and you must find and extend it. Can be tricky sometimes... depends on the mission ;)

@UAV speed: At the moment the speed is hard coded. You could only change it when you change it in the script. But it would be no problem to implement an option and change it on the run ;)

@UAV speed: At the moment the speed is hard coded. You could only change it when you change it in the script. But it would be no problem to implement an option and change it on the run ;)

Personally, I would love to see such an option. Would be great!

Another thing I think would be really cool, if possible, is an option that says something like...

"Automatically maximize view distance while in camera mode"

So that we can better see objects on the ground while using your script, w/o being required to maximize our view distance for the entire game session.

And if I was to really get carried away making requests that I have no right to make.. how about adding something like the RQ-11 Raven to this arsenal of coolness you have created. This is what I was hoping to see when I read that BIS added a 'UAV back pack' to the game. Compared to your UAV script it maybe could be essentially the same, but with no weapons, limited range, perhaps limited height, whatever. And maybe it's carried in the UAV back pack. Something not meant to view/attack an entire battlefied, just something for infantry guys to use to scope out the next neighborhood they are going to enter.

But that's me basically writing a xmas wish list.

Thanks again for sharing your time/work. It's good clean fun.

T6_TGFJZW-U

Looks very similar to the way your script looks from the ground.

Some really nice sounds to rip from this video, too!

This script is awesome, used it with my clan VMA on our assault on the new Fallujah Map. We had to destroy a Cell Mast and no one had a satchel so the MQ-9 Predator pilot just target and launched two hell-fire destroying the objective for us. Such as well written high quality script. Thanks so much for this great mod.

IVUlwd--Mx8

Hello all, i have a problem, i had AC-script in OA, and he worked great, but when i installed CO, i have low FPS in AC-130 camera, can they help me, sorry for my English