LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

I just tested it and it worked.

Ok what are you exactly doing?

I suppose that the LDL_init is executed AFTER your code in the init. So the LDL_init overwrites your options with the default values.

That's avoided in the example mission with this code:

waitUntil {!isNil "LDL_initDone"};

waitUntil {LDL_initDone};

Are you sure you have it and AFTER this the LDL_options?

i cant upload it right now cause the izarc thing i have to download and i have to get a admins permission(aka parents) to to download stuff and my "admins" only aprove if its a game installment

Any version of windows since XP has the ability to create zip files built into it. You don't need any third party software... Just right click the file/folder and select "send to compressed folder".

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I need a little help. It's my first time trying to use the editor, and I'm trying to just create a basic scenario with a convoy for the AC-130 to attack. I've read through the thread and readme files, and haven't really found anything that looks like it would help me.

I have units placed where I want them, and I do have the "AC-130 Spectre Gunship" under my USMC unit menu... I've placed that, but in preview, the unit does not behave like in the missions included with the addon... There's no option to engage "AC-130 autopilot" to use the guns.

Does the unit itself need special initialization in the editor? I did notice there is no co-pilot in the AC-130, and I've noticed in the included missions with the addon, there's always a co-pilot.

You mentioned adding some lines in the init.sqf file, but my mission didn't even have an .sqf file in it at all... I tried copying the one from the example mission, but that didn't do anything either.

That example missions worked perfectly, and I'm running Combined Ops with the addon.

I'd definitely appreciate the help, and this is an awesome addon!

@Papap, did you also place the "LDL AC-130 Init" logic? In the first post under "usage", it says to do so.

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I need a little help. It's my first time trying to use the editor, and I'm trying to just create a basic scenario with a convoy for the AC-130 to attack. I've read through the thread and readme files, and haven't really found anything that looks like it would help me.

I have units placed where I want them, and I do have the "AC-130 Spectre Gunship" under my USMC unit menu... I've placed that, but in preview, the unit does not behave like in the missions included with the addon... There's no option to engage "AC-130 autopilot" to use the guns.

Does the unit itself need special initialization in the editor? I did notice there is no co-pilot in the AC-130, and I've noticed in the included missions with the addon, there's always a co-pilot.

You mentioned adding some lines in the init.sqf file, but my mission didn't even have an .sqf file in it at all... I tried copying the one from the example mission, but that didn't do anything either.

That example missions worked perfectly, and I'm running Combined Ops with the addon.

I'd definitely appreciate the help, and this is an awesome addon!

Like MadDogX already said: You must place the LDL AC130 Init.

Then an AC130 usually never has a copilot. Only a pilot.

You don't need the init.sqf if you have the AddOn running and just want to fly the AC130. More complex scenarios need a script. But in your case, the Logics should do well. ;) Good luck

Great mod

During testing for inclusion on our dedi server we had an error popping up each time the AC130's weapons were fired. Was only visible with -showscripterrors. It didn't seem to be a critical issue, everything appeared to be working well, regardless thought I'd mention it.

This was with a LDL AC130 Init module placed and 2 players in a C-130 with this in the init:

this setVariable ["LDL_planeInUse", false, true];

RPT:

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Suspending not allowed in this context

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error in expression <

_smoketrail setDropInterval 0.002;

};

sleep 0.05;

_light = "#lightpoint" cre>

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error position: <sleep 0.05;

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error Generic error in expression

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 File LDL_ac130\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 76

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Suspending not allowed in this context

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error in expression <live _shell)};

if(_weapon == 0) then

{

sleep 1;

}

else

{

sleep 1 + random 2;

};>

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error position: <sleep 1;

}

else

{

sleep 1 + random 2;

};>

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 Error Generic error in expression

2010/09/03, 20:28:34 File LDL_ac130\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 96

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Suspending not allowed in this context

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error in expression <

_smoketrail setDropInterval 0.002;

};

sleep 0.05;

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error position: <sleep 0.05;

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error Generic error in expression

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 File LDL_ac130\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 76

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Suspending not allowed in this context

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error in expression <live _shell)};

if(_weapon == 0) then

{

sleep 1;

}

else

{

sleep 1 + random 2;

};>

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error position: <sleep 1;

}

else

{

sleep 1 + random 2;

};>

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 Error Generic error in expression

2010/09/03, 20:28:35 File LDL_ac130\ac130_createParticleSource.sqf, line 96

Hey

Thanks for your testing. It seems that I'm not allowed to use "sleep" in this script... first time this error is appearing.

Appears the error also (or only?) on the other clients? (-> the point is, that the "ac130_createParticleSource.sqf" is executed on every client to provide that everybody sees the tracer). Understood?

I can't do enough testing online by myself. And this seems to be an online problem. ;)

Appears the error also (or only?) on the other clients? (-> the point is, that the "ac130_createParticleSource.sqf" is executed on every client to provide that everybody sees the tracer). Understood?

I can't do enough testing online by myself. And this seems to be an online problem. ;)

I recall wondering why I couldn't see tracers as pilot :)

Sadly I don't have RPTs for all the clients and not all were in visual range of the spectre to notice whether the tracers were visible or not :\ The error appeared in at least 1 client's RPT and the dedicated server's.

I can test again over the weekend and report back here if you need concrete rpt proof that it's occurring on multiple clients.

@Papap, did you also place the "LDL AC-130 Init" logic? In the first post under "usage", it says to do so.

Is this what you're talking about: "this setVariable ["LDL_planeInUse", false, true];" and you place it under the unit's initialization?

That didn't do anything.

If not, I'm not really sure what line needs to be placed where. I don't see a "Logics" menu option anywhere in the editor.

*EDIT* - Nevermind, I found it in Units -> Sides -> Game Logic.

Edited by Papap

"this setVariable ["LDL_planeInUse", false, true];" only for C130Js.

AC130s or units don't need anything in the init line.

Any luck on getting the Ac130 working correctly in OA standalone Lurchi?

Does the standalone actually HAVE a C130 in it ? I suppose you can use ANY aircraft but why not just BUY arma2 :)

Any luck on getting the Ac130 working correctly in OA standalone Lurchi?

Yes new version is ready to release soon. ;)

Here's a little video showing the UAV firing Mando Missiles :)

887wuHfgCFg

It's not much I know ^^

New version (0.6) is being beta tested right now. Here's the changelog so you know what's coming up to you:

Added:

- OA Standalone & Combined Operations support (ARMA2 standalone is no longer supported)

- Improved weapon system for the UAV

- New HUD

- MMA Missiles for the UAV (only if MMA is correctly initialized)

Fixed:

- Type of plane (and pilot) depends on the players faction now

- There is now a maximum / minimum height and radius

- Some code optimization

- Time is now shown formated: f.e: 00:02:00

- Fixing the camera on a target/position in exterior view now possible

- Plane stops changing height/radius immediately when released an arrow key

Here's v.0.6:

Link

Important note for every mission maker: Some paths of the script have changed. Have a look at the readme ;) There's also a pdf version.

Changelog v0.6:

Added:

• OA Standalone & Combined Operations support (ARMA2 standalone is no longer supported)
  • Improved weapon system for the UAV
  • New HUD
  • MMA Missiles for the UAV (only if MMA is correctly initialized)

Fixed:

• Type of plane (and pilot) depends on the players faction now
  • There is now a maximum / minimum height and radius
  • Some code optimization
  • Time is now shown formated: f.e: 00:02:00
  • Fixing the camera on a target/position in exterior view now possible
  • Plane stops changing height/radius immediately when released an arrow key