LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

because every new plane must execute this line again. that's part of the respawn script. ;)

doesn't make sense to implement it into my script.

thats only works untill the plane gets destroyed in domination! after that no more ac script

Anyone know how to make this work in domination after plane respawns?

Because it's a normal C130 ;)

Since version 0.5 every C130 behaves normal. Instead there's an AC130 in the units menu.

(USMC side) Of course OA only users can't see it. For that problem is a hotfix under progress ;)

But if you put this in the init:

this setVariable ["LDL_planeInUse", false, true];

The C130 should be an AC130 any way. :)

Oddly, when I go to edit my Domi mission, I actually DO have an AC130 listed under US, as well as a plain old C130. I've tried the AC130 to no avail, and also tried to plain old C130 with the init line you provided, still with no luck. It's weird, because I got this up and running with no problems under vanilla Arma 2, which I also own. Though, to be fair, I have the 2 games installed in 2 seperate directories to keep them seperate, since I'm unsure on how they work together.

They work perfect togheter ;) The script runs best with cobined operations (A2 + OA)

I'm working on a version which suppurts OA standalone.

"compass points rotating on the screen" ? :confused:

Do you mean the "shkaing camera"? Could be caused by low hardware, bad conection etc...

no, the camera doesn't shake but when you're looking through the screen you can move the mouse but the camera doesn't move. The bars on the screen that show elevation and direction move as do the compass points but you can't actually aim.

hm... little and stupid question... when i start the example mission AC130_0%2e5_Script.utes in the editor and call the "addaction" Ac130 or AC130(AI) nothing happens. It is the same with the uav. Well, when i start ac130(AI) a counter appears and a few options, but i thought the plane has to attack my selected positition. And with"CallAC130" i thought i become be the gunner of the AC130. Or not?!:confused:

Lurchi, do you have any insight on why the

doesnt work for me when applied on the regular c130? For now it's OA standalone

Lurchi, do you have any insight on why the

doesnt work for me when applied on the regular c130? For now it's OA standalone

Ah I think I've got it... the C130 from A2 is another class than the C130 from OA... and in my scripts I only check for the C130 from A2... thank you. one more thing I'll fix for the OA release.

hm... little and stupid question... when i start the example mission AC130_0%2e5_Script.utes in the editor and call the "addaction" Ac130 or AC130(AI) nothing happens. It is the same with the uav. Well, when i start ac130(AI) a counter appears and a few options, but i thought the plane has to attack my selected positition. And with"CallAC130" i thought i become be the gunner of the AC130. Or not?!:confused:

Maybe you have the AddOn active and forgot to place the init?

Hm, I've seen other people using your AC130 in OA, I wonder how they got it working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K I N G View Post

hm... little and stupid question... when i start the example mission AC130_0%2e5_Script.utes in the editor and call the "addaction" Ac130 or AC130(AI) nothing happens. It is the same with the uav. Well, when i start ac130(AI) a counter appears and a few options, but i thought the plane has to attack my selected positition. And with"CallAC130" i thought i become be the gunner of the AC130. Or not?!

Maybe you have the AddOn active and forgot to place the init?

no, i already tried it with vanilla arma2 v1.7 without addon

@lurchi: ok, lets get deeper:

can you please do me a favor an try this:

1. create and empty mission with 1 player (copy all the stuff from your mission "AC130_0%2e5_Script.utes" exept mission.sqm" in this folder)

2. Place an object with this init: this addAction ["Call AC130", "LDL_ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf"];

3. start the mission and call the ac130.

In my mission the counter starts and it is said, that the ac130 is available for 2 minutes.

thats all, no ac130 appears....

No the AC130 will be available in 2 minutes :D

You can change the delay in the LDL_options (located in the init.sqf of the example mission)

Huh? Is there a new version? I see

Current version: 0.5.1

Download page v.0.5.1:

- work in progress

on the first page but can't find the link. I'll assume it's coming soon but I could be misunderstanding this.

0.5.1 was released for OA users. But in fact it didn't work properly.

Now I can start OA alone and so I'm able to test it by myself. There will be a new version sooon with full OA support.

You can change the delay in the LDL_options (located in the init.sqf of the example mission)

:yay::yay::yay: works great! cool !!!

so i have this mod but the ac 130s not coming i dont know what i have wrong

Edit: okay i got it to work but i cant change the delay or the number of map clicks, do i change that in the init where it says the default delay and map clicks where its 3 and 120

Edited by zeroxox2

Its taken me some time to get around have a play with this .. without a massive pun not intended it realy blew me away how slick it is.

Very good job indeed.

OA CO Latest beta's and all works fine.

so i have this mod but the ac 130s not coming i dont know what i have wrong

Edit: okay i got it to work but i cant change the delay or the number of map clicks, do i change that in the init where it says the default delay and map clicks where its 3 and 120

Change

3,	 //22: Available AC130 mapclicks per player. Default: 3

to

10,	 //22: Available AC130 mapclicks per player. Default: 3

And you have 10 mapclicks available.

i still only have 3 mapclicks, am i not soppose to have the logic in the editor for it to work

If you have the AddOn activated you must place the logic. The script won't start if it detects the AddOn.

Are you sure you changed the correct line in the init.sqf located in the mission folder?