LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

anybody already making a model for this?

thnx!

yes! that would be the icing on the cake for this super awesome addon!

Lurchi can you not find a free version of the ac130 for now? :)

edit:

here is a free ac130, but obviusly not best quality.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=37e0e56f800fe09f6147c5882895b2cb

other

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=153b91553d2037888cfc19f2a5d035c3&prevstart=0

other

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=37e25a92ba329c57b413d782ae7fe29a&prevstart=0

Edited by MrAgentGuy

is it possible for you to make a addon giving every blufor unit a flashing strobe when seen through NVoptics?

that would be much appreciated by a lot of people!

(just seach IRstrobe and see a lot of people be amazed this isnt in the vanilla OA)

Lurchi, can you also remove the (fly by) cut scene in the addon version? it would be better just to have the transition straight to the tv monitor i think. :)

heres a vid i made of the ac130! best mod ever! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_OPKDqK7w

Edited by MrAgentGuy

Did anybody try the UAV in the 0.4 version, which carrys 10 hellfire, but I can't fire a single one. I don't know the reason.

Did anybody try the UAV in the 0.4 version, which carrys 10 hellfire, but I can't fire a single one. I don't know the reason.

Actually it carries infinite... ;) Hold the left mouse button.

I'm using the addon version and the following command to start it:

nul = []spawn{[Plane, 1000, 1000, false]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup;};

I noticed that an enemy Tunguska shot at me before it put me into camera view, once in camera view it stopped shooting at me.

Is there something keeping/stopping the enemy from seeing me and to stop shooting?

Edited by thegunnysgt

Actually it carries infinite... ;) Hold the left mouse button.

Thanks, Lurch, I've found that after I hold the left mouse button for several seconds, then 4 missiles flying towards my target. But I also get a question, each time, when I hold the left mouse button, there got a different number in the cursor center, what's the meaning of the number?

Thanks, Lurch, I've found that after I hold the left mouse button for several seconds, then 4 missiles flying towards my target. But I also get a question, each time, when I hold the left mouse button, there got a different number in the cursor center, what's the meaning of the number?

The whole hellfire system is still beta. The numbers are a placeholder for a bar f.e. It shows when the missles are ready to fire.

@ thegunnysgt: As far as I know: no.. :confused:

OK,I see. Hope you could bring us more easier control and fire MQ-9 UAV (the vanilla UAV HUD is nice but very hard to lock and fire a hellfire towards a ground target).And thank you very much The AC130 which is definitely the most powerful weapon in A2 or A2OA.

I think I've found a better solution to implement the AC-130 in my mission, that is more beneficial to the mission than my current method. With that said, what command is used to issue the AC-130 to rotate at a new point (when you right-click)?

How can I spawn an AC-130 at a specific location on the map, and specify a specific player to be the gunner? I've looked over the script commands, but I'm not sure exactly how make it possible. I want to basically do the same as the on map click method, but do it all within the mission and not rely on player interaction so whenever I like it automatically spawns the AC-130 and puts whatever player I had chosen in the gunner position.

Edited by thegunnysgt

You mean in MP right?

Then the server must run a script with a public event handler... if that event handler is fired every client will execute it. You will only have to differentiate between the player who are supposed to start the script and the one who are not...

I think public variable event handlers are the only way:

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=details&id=848&game=All

As far as I know a client can't order directly another client to execute a script.

Could we have a way to turn off the hint's at the bottom of the screen, with the exception of the one that shows wha key to hit to display them on the screen?

Edited by thegunnysgt

Hah I've steered away from silly scripts... but playing with this implementing the OA flir system is brilliant. How well tested is this in MP? And will ALL clients need the addon?

How can I specify a particular player using the following? I have my mission, selecting a player at random and have the AC-130 called using this line.

nul = []spawn{waitUntil {(LDL_initDone)};nul = [getPos player, 1000, 1000, true]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup;};

You mean in MP right?

Then the server must run a script with a public event handler... if that event handler is fired every client will execute it. You will only have to differentiate between the player who are supposed to start the script and the one who are not...

I think public variable event handlers are the only way:

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=details&id=848&game=All

As far as I know a client can't order directly another client to execute a script.

init:

"thegunnysgt_callAC130" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{
_player = (_this select 1) select 0;
if(_player == player) then
{
//that's the player we have searched for
//call AC130 here
};
};

your script:

thegunnysgt_callAC130 = [nameOfPlayer];
publicVariable "thegunnysgt_callAC130";

I'm not sure if this is working in MP now... But I'm sure there are people around in this board who are more experienced in MP scripting than I am... :o

It would be nice if you could fix the flying height of AC-130. Currently I need to max my visibility to even see ground and it makes my game lag. And using ac-130 to aid your troops doesn't work either because AI won't fight when you fly high enough. So all I can do is just fire at unresponsive enemy troops, gets old fast.

You can fix the height! All AC130 variables can be changed. The problem is that the troops think that it is a C130 Hercules and poses no threat! A new model is needed.

At normal operating heights in a real AC130 the enemy are going to have a hard time hitting it anyway !

Sorry, but can new version work with OA? I have only OA, but script doesn't work.

P.S i put only ldl in OA. Thanks

Sorry, but can new version work with OA? I have only OA, but script doesn't work.

P.S i put only ldl in OA. Thanks

obviously not... you need ARMA2 (+OA optional).

Damn you Lurch! Damn you and your addon!

You're making me spend way way WAY too much time raining fiery death onto the planet from my orbiting AC130!

This could very well be the best thing ever, followed by the FLIR and finding the good ol' UH-1. Thanks for a fantastic addon! :yay:

Hey lurch, quick question from a guy who unfortunately only knows a little about scripting, if I wanted to change the 105 from the scripted version, not the addon, since the server I'm making the mission for refuses to add it to their pack, to the M119's ammunition in ACE, what would I have to change? I've hunted through the Ac130_guns.sqf file but unfortunately I can't make heads or tails of it.

Thank you for this awesome script, bytheway.

Have a look at the LDL_init.sqf

//Addon
if (!(isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"LDL_ac130"))) then 
{
LDL_ammo = ["G_30mm_HE","Sh_120_SABOT","Sh_120_HE"];	
}
else
{
LDL_ammo = ["LDL_25mm","LDL_40mm","LDL_105mm"];		
};

The first block defines the ammo classes if you have no add on:

[25mm, 40mm, 105mm]

You must replace the last one ("Sh_120_HE") with the class name of your 105mm.

You rock Lurchi!

If anyone has ACE and wants to know

"ACE_ARTY_Sh_105_HE" is the 105 included in ace.

Edited by Arnatious

This is a really great addon! Does anyone know of some good missions using the script as support, or the main mission?

Someone should remake the CoD 4 mission :p