LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Respawn works for me...when is this happening?

In multiplayer, I have modified one of the domination artillery commanders to be a Forward Air Commander, with access to the AC-130 as well as Drapers Air Support script, if you die and respawn at base, then the action menu item is no longer there. I know that for the air support script, you need to have a separate script that re-runs the air support script on a respawn. Maybe its the same problem?

First turn it on in expantions in the main menu..

If i am right, you need to place the C130J

Then you go to instert unit and put down the,

GameLogic, LDL Logics, LDL AC130 Init. And sync that to the C-130j

Now fly the thing to 400+ meters high, switch to autoplilot, there you go!!

If the add on runs correctly, an AC130 is in the list for USMC aircrafts.

You only have to place the LDL init.

In multiplayer, I have modified one of the domination artillery commanders to be a Forward Air Commander, with access to the AC-130 as well as Drapers Air Support script, if you die and respawn at base, then the action menu item is no longer there. I know that for the air support script, you need to have a separate script that re-runs the air support script on a respawn. Maybe its the same problem?

That's a problem with the action. You must add the action again.

Downloading now! Looks very nice man. Don't forget to update the title of the thread to 0.4, so that people pop back in.

Lurchi, what are your plans for v5? :)

- Minimap

- Limit the amount of times the mapclick can be called

- AC130 flies to the mapclick position (at least delay for mapclick AC130 to arrive)

- Change altitude while flying

- weapon malfunctions

- Lights at the AC130 for better visibility (when shooting)

- Slow down AI aiming

- 40mm clips (reload)

- Optional to keep munition for mapclick AC130

Some of these tasks have been standing on this list for ages... :bored: (for example minimap... I think I'm going to start with it ^^)

We'll see which features actually make it into v.0.5

Hey Lurchi! On my weapons view there is the mouse cursor visible, but in your video of version 0.4. there is no one. How can i change this? It is really annoying:(

That's a problem with the action. You must add the action again.

Yeah, I thought as much, unfortunately I'm not a coder >_< Any ideas on how I might go about this?

Thanks

Yeah, I thought as much, unfortunately I'm not a coder >_< Any ideas on how I might go about this?

Thanks

If the unit is dead execute this line:

unit addAction ["Call AC-130", "LDL_ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf"];

Hey Lurchi! On my weapons view there is the mouse cursor visible, but in your video of version 0.4. there is no one. How can i change this? It is really annoying:(

You can't see it on the video because the program doesn't record it.

You can't see it on the video because the program doesn't record it.

So u use Wegame ? :D

So u use Wegame ? :D

Nope, I used xfire but it doesn't work for OAH... the recent video is from Uziyahu--IDF

Great AC130!!! Thank you.

How do you get rid of "film grain" for day optics? AC130 have high res day optics. Thanks for hard work

Scott

Hi awesome work. But I felt that the 105mm explosions were a little small lack the flames and explosion and the tracers could have been removed. My 2 cents though but I still love this mod.

Lurchi, this was a video made by someone who was also making an ac130 addon, but stopped due to personal reasons.

This video demostrates the gib system! As you will see, it adds tons of realism, and makes it seem like you're actually firing ac130 weapons! and not just a regular infrantry machine gun lol

3p6MwH92bAc

Lurchi, this was a video made by someone who was also making an ac130 addon, but stopped due to personal reasons.

This video demostrates the gib system! As you will see, it adds tons of realism, and makes it seem like you're actually firing ac130 weapons! and not just a regular infrantry machine gun lol

I think the gibs are caused by SLX mod..

3p6MwH92bAc

Nice video I saw it quite awhile ago but it never got released. Sad. would love to see explosion effects like those in the video for the 105mm and would also love to see the trademark ac 130 spamming of flares. Youtube AC130 flares on youtube you should get what I'm getting at.

Btw whats gibs ?

Nvm I found out what gibs was but I didnt quite see it in the video.

Edited by bearking19

Lurchi ...... BRILLIANT work with 0.4 release!

The muffled sounds heard in that above video are nice .... something to think about.

The FLIR with OA is just superb with your work!

Keep up the good work. You know where I am if you need me!

Kremator

Lurchi ...... BRILLIANT work with 0.4 release!

The muffled sounds heard in that above video are nice .... something to think about.

The FLIR with OA is just superb with your work!

Keep up the good work. You know where I am if you need me!

Kremator

+1, er, 1,000,000.

This is really a blast! I need to make a mission using this for sure. Thanks for all the hard work!

How can i get the AC130 & UAV to fly a little bit lower? Because on OA it's not low enough to see the units/vehicles?

Is it possible to use the script init lines to start and stop the AC-130 whenever we like if we use the addon version?

Is it possible to use the script init lines to start and stop the AC-130 whenever we like if we use the addon version?

Yes. Exactly the same.

I LOVE this addon. It is fantastic work. Thank you so much. I have a problem though. I am using this with OA standalone. I have the arrow curser on screen everytime i use the AC-130 optics. and i can see the c130 it is attached to.... any ideas??

As mentioned previously in the thread, that's just the method that's being used to display the view. You'll have to live with it for now ;)

Thanks

Hello

Did you find a way to make the addAction work on player respawn?

I have added Lurchi's AC-130 Script to

Xeno's co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus and one problem

I play as this guy

vehicle="FR_AC";

player="PLAY CDG";

text="bravo_2";

init="this setGroupid [""Bravo""];";

Description="Team Bravo FAC";

to call in the AC130 with the Action menu and it works good .....

But problem is when I am killed the ac130 action menu will not reappear.

if i disconnect and reconnect it works again until.

I set it up like this.. (see bold)

// add action menu entries + scripts that will be executed to specific player types

// if the first array is empty, then all players will get that action menu entry

// default, nothing in it

// you have to set fourth element allways to -1000

// example:

// d_action_menus_type = [

// [[],"Whatever2", "whateverscript2.sqf", -1000], // ALL players will get the action menu entry "Whatever2"

// [["SoldierWMiner", "SoldierWAT","OfficerW"],"Whatever1", "whateverscript1.sqf", -1000] // only players of type SoldierWMiner, SoldierWAT and OfficerW will get the action menu entry "Whatever1"

// ];

d_action_menus_type = [

[["FR_AC"],"Call AC-130","ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf", -1000],

[["FR_AC"],"Call AC-130 (AI)", "ac130\ac130_action_map_AI.sqf", -1000]

];

also tryed this in the unit Initialization this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf"];

it's still lost on respawn.

*PS this is ver 0.3 of Lurchi's AC-130 Script *

I have a notebook setup

vehicle="Notebook";

this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,1];this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf"];

and it works fine!

Anyone know why it fails to add it back to the player respawn?

Thanks

I've had it working, I've had it not working, and just about everything in between (at least that's what it feels like!)

At the moment, I've got Draper's Air Support script with respawn working, via an eventhandler on the unit as well as the instruction to initialise the respawn script on initialization. That way there's no issues with getting it up, and multiple options etc.

However, I can't seem to get this script to run from said script. I'll grab the code and place it in here in a mo. Any ideas as to what's up are welcome ;)

Ok, the init line of the player includes:

this exec ""respawn_player.sqf""; this addEventHandler [""killed"", {_this execVM ""respawn_player.sqf"";}];

and the referenced "respawn_player.sqf" is as follows, originally I had it the exact same as you would place them in the init line, but I tried different ways to get it to work, which didn't work :p:

sleep 21;
ASfirstrun = true;
if (player == RESCUE2) then {nul = [RESCUE2,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cbumine","cas","helo"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};
_man addAction ["Call AC-130 (AI)", "LDL_ac130\ac130_action_map_AI.sqf", "_target == RESCUE2"];
_man addAction ["Call AC-130", "LDL_ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf", "_target == RESCUE2"];

Edited by Valdore