LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Nice video. I wasn't able to make one... xfire doesn't detect my ARMA2 anymore :(

Can something be done to ignore the addon if the script version is detected? Lots players will have the addon loaded by a mod switch, but if they connect multiplayer to a mission with the script version I'm guessing the mission will break? Or will it still work for clients?

Actually, the only scripts that the add on takes from the pbo are the LDL_init.sqf and the inits for the objects/logics...

ARMA2 seems to search in the mission folder first.

Also, is a light-source briefly generated just out of the left side of the bird, so that the bird lights up when it fires a weapon? Right now the bird itself is super-stealth (visually, anyway...lol) even when viewing it firing through NVG's.

And I still think that the firing rate should be adjusted to be a bit slower on the 40mm Bofors, because of the reloading time required for those 4 (5?) round stripper clips. That's if you can't add a pause between the loading of each clip.

For the A.I. bird, is there an "aiming time" calculated when switching targets, especially ones that are across the map from each other? (The more the turret has to swing, the longer the aiming time should be.)

Also, the A.I. bird seems to fire the auto-cannon until the first round arrives at target to kill it. Can it be trained to fire somewhat smaller bursts? (Although the longer bursts DO look and sound cooler for spectating players.)

Any chance that the ammo counts of the weapons can be assigned to a virtual AC130 entity that will be called upon the next time the script is accessed in the same mission (since it is doubtful two AC130's would be operating in the same area...or is it?)? Being able to refresh one's ammo supply each time you activate the script is a bit unbalancing. (This was an issue in previous versions, but I'm not sure if it is in this newest.)

Nice ideas. I'll keep them in mind for v.0.5 :cool:

Lurchi

Thanks for the update LDL! Great to have both addon and script versions.

/KC

I detected a typo in the readme for implementing the Script version. This is because you changed the path from ac130 to LDL_ac130. The user simply needs to add LDL_ before ac130 in order to correct the path.

Worked beautifully after making the correction.

Is there any way to change what key you use to switch weapons? because I'm using a swedish keyboard, and I don't know what key represents the ^-key.

1 2 & 3 will switch weapons for you.

Lurch, I've experienced an issue with the edited options for the script version not taking when I Preview the mission in the Editor (I swear that it worked once or twice). Also, I got the script to work by adding the addaction to an object, when it was in the Editor, but when I went to try it in Multiplayer it acted like the path was wrong, again.

I think the first issue might be caused by this weird thing that Windows Vista does, where if you have more than one copy of a file it will consider/link your changed file to be the original file. Some "FEATURE". GRRRRRrrrrr.

Hi there, just found this on Armaholic, and already I'm extremely impressed with it! Just wondering though, is there any way to set a limit on the number of times you can call the AC-130?

Essentially, I am looking to use it in a Zargabad Domination, as an added extra for a Forward Air Commander. Clearly it's a devastating weapon, and I wouldn't want it to be overused, so I'd be thinking of limiting it to a one-time call, or possibly 2/3 times.

Also, is there any way to add a delay before it appears, as if it were being re-tasked from somewhere else?

Thanks.

Yes and yes. I know both can be done, but whether I can explain how to do them is another thing.

lol, I'll take a look into the scripts and see if anything jumps out ;)

Great improvement to this fine script. Nice to have the FLIR effect.

Comparing the AC-130 camera to the AH-6X (the ULB) camera when used in conjunction with AH-64, it seems that the AH-6X camera, when zooming, adds details and objects that was previously invisible due to distance, LOD, etc, whereas the standard cams (like the one used by the AC-130 script) never adds these details.

This means that no matter how much you zoom, the objects visible and their LODs are dependent on your actual position.

Try it and you'll see what I mean... ;)

Do you think it would be possible to use this kind of cam, or zoom mode, in the AC-130 script?

Is there any way to change what key you use to switch weapons? because I'm using a swedish keyboard, and I don't know what key represents the ^-key.

^ = § on the Swedish keyboard and as already said you can use 1,2 and 3 as well.

/KC

Do you think it would be possible to use this kind of cam, or zoom mode, in the AC-130 script?

I've taken a look at the config and there's only one camera... I think there's a difference between the normal camera and the camera of a weapon (zoom)

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

Just wondering though, is there any way to set a limit on the number of times you can call the AC-130?

Also, is there any way to add a delay before it appears, as if it were being re-tasked from somewhere else?

Thanks.

On the ComRef...

http://www.arma2.com/comref/comref.html

...there is a command called

addaction

If you had a script that loaded with the mission, you could embed the addaction from the AC130 script in a loop that looped only so many times, maybe?

I thought that there was another command like deleteaction, but I can't find it.

Also, I think there is another line of script that you can add that looks something like

~8

I think that would add 8 seconds before executing the next line, but I'm not sure. (Personally, I would like a random number of seconds. I'm a big fan of chaos in mission-making.)

The real scripters on this forum could help better than I can.

Best AC-130 script ever !! TY VM!!! (i use it in OA)

I already spend 2 hours shooting just simple added units in editor.

All AI on move fast!!! yeah RUN!!!!!

Respect man!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:15 PM ----------

You can change the amount of rounds in the setup scripts:

- \ac130\Rotate\ac130_rot_setup.sqf

- \ac130\Attach\ac130_att_setup.sqf

or you change it via scripting:

- plane setVariable ["LDL_Ammo25", 1000, true];

- plane setVariable ["LDL_Ammo40", 100, true];

- plane setVariable ["LDL_Ammo105", 50, true];

:/

I need more ammo.

Can you tell me how to add more ammo, i found the files

ac130_rot_setup.sqf

ac130_att_setup.sqf

What i need do to now?

Or how to script more ammo.

TY

Edited by redrumNL

I've taken a look at the config and there's only one camera... I think there's a difference between the normal camera and the camera of a weapon (zoom)

Ok I see what you mean. It would be cool to implement that somehow... So that hanging at altitude doesn't mean you can't see thing properly on the ground. Just wishful thinking!

Ok I see what you mean. It would be cool to implement that somehow... So that hanging at altitude doesn't mean you can't see thing properly on the ground. Just wishful thinking!

Is it not possible to increase the zoom in the next version? Seems like the view has gotten more zoomed out with each version.

Is 10x the max zoom the game allows? I'll decrease my FOV settings (resulting in more all-of-time zoom), in that case.

I need more ammo.

Can you tell me how to add more ammo, i found the files

ac130_rot_setup.sqf

ac130_att_setup.sqf

What i need do to now?

Or how to script more ammo.

TY

That was in the old version... look in the init.sqf of the example mission. there should be a line "LDL_options = ..." here you can change all options

Is it not possible to increase the zoom in the next version? Seems like the view has gotten more zoomed out with each version.

Is 10x the max zoom the game allows? I'll decrease my FOV settings (resulting in more all-of-time zoom), in that case.

I'm not 100% sure but could be...

Also, I think there is another line of script that you can add that looks something like

~8

I think that would add 8 seconds before executing the next line, but I'm not sure. (Personally, I would like a random number of seconds. I'm a big fan of chaos in mission-making.)

The real scripters on this forum could help better than I can.

~8 means "wait 8 seconds" but this command only works with sqs

in sqf use this command: "sleep 8;"

Have you actually tried setting it to 10?

If not you should; there is a HUGE difference between 9.5 and 10, no joke.

I can go up to 3000m and still see things more clearly than at 1000m at 9.5.

Ok, the sleep command should work for now, just about to test it. Not even bothered trying to limit the calls yet! But I will do, having that much firepower available is . . . well, game-altering for domination!

One issue though, using the AI version, does anyone know how to work around respawns? Currently you lose the ability on a respawn.

Thanks

Have you actually tried setting it to 10?

If not you should; there is a HUGE difference between 9.5 and 10, no joke.

I can go up to 3000m and still see things more clearly than at 1000m at 9.5.

I've tried to change the zoom options, but apparently it hasn't taken. I take your word for it.

One issue though, using the AI version, does anyone know how to work around respawns? Currently you lose the ability on a respawn.

Thanks

Respawn works for me...when is this happening?

Odd, I placed the @LDL folder in my OA folder, I am able to launch the mod, but I see no AC130. And I can't load the example mission. Also, what is the difference between this and this?

AC130_0%2e4_AddOn.utes

AC130_0%2e4.utes

Odd, I placed the @LDL folder in my OA folder, I am able to launch the mod, but I see no AC130. And I can't load the example mission. Also, what is the difference between this and this?

AC130_0%2e4_AddOn.utes

AC130_0%2e4.utes

First turn it on in expantions in the main menu..

If i am right, you need to place the C130J

Then you go to instert unit and put down the,

GameLogic, LDL Logics, LDL AC130 Init. And sync that to the C-130j

Now fly the thing to 400+ meters high, switch to autoplilot, there you go!!