Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

Sti UH-60L

If you want to add the EIBF filters and countermeasures to the aircraft let me know. I have a lot of pictures from my time as a crew chief of those things. The EIBF filters on the BIS UH-60 that came out with OA are not accurate and misshaped. Also, they have the wrong sensors on the nose. The APR-39 sensors aren't even there and I guess the ones on the nose are supposed to be the CMWS sensors but they are horribly wrong.

You can see them both pretty good in this picture.

th_OIF112.jpg

Could you make a uh-60m via pwnage 51s photo and also a medevac version without refueling probes please

Could you make a uh-60m via pwnage 51s photo and also a medevac version without refueling probes please

The aircraft in the picture is a Lima model, not a Mike model. The Mike model has even different sensors in other places, totally different cockpit, different cabin seats, different rotor blades, and many other differences. So far no one has got it right or accurate, not BIS and not ACE.

So couldn't he make the mike varient via like google? P.S thank you pwnage51 for your service to our country

Taking on an accurate Mike model is something that could definately be done. However, I think the developer would be better off correcting the Lima model first.

The big problem is that the community doesn't necessarily want what's 100% accurate when they can get something else that's more fun. In the U.S. Army armed H-60s are only used by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. The normal, standard Lima model UH-60 is only armed with two M240Hs for each crew chief. You will also only find UH-60s painted green in the regular conventional Army aviation units. For some reason, people have always wanted to make them black, and this couldn't be further from the truth. Again, the only unit to have black H-60s is the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. I'm not 100% sure on the current status of all their aircraft, but for a long time they have a mix of black and green. Even BIS messed this up for some reason.

The only addon team that ever got it right was Ballistic Addons Studio from back in the OFP days. They created H-60s based on the ones operated by the 160th. They had the Lima model, Kilo model, and the DAP version as well.

I tried to help the ACE guess back when they were developing the original ACE, but my efforts went ignored. I posted a ton of information in their original forums back in then but obviously they decided that being 100% accurate on the aircraft wasn't a priority.

I am more than willing to help anyone who wants to make UH-60s correctly. I worked on them and flew in them for many years. I have over 680 combat flight hours in Iraq and I know the aircraft inside and out.

Taking on an accurate Mike model is something that could definately be done. However, I think the developer would be better off correcting the Lima model first.

The big problem is that the community doesn't necessarily want what's 100% accurate when they can get something else that's more fun. In the U.S. Army armed H-60s are only used by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. The normal, standard Lima model UH-60 is only armed with two M240Hs for each crew chief. You will also only find UH-60s painted green in the regular conventional Army aviation units. For some reason, people have always wanted to make them black, and this couldn't be further from the truth. Again, the only unit to have black H-60s is the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. I'm not 100% sure on the current status of all their aircraft, but for a long time they have a mix of black and green. Even BIS messed this up for some reason.

The only addon team that ever got it right was Ballistic Addons Studio from back in the OFP days. They created H-60s based on the ones operated by the 160th. They had the Lima model, Kilo model, and the DAP version as well.

I tried to help the ACE guess back when they were developing the original ACE, but my efforts went ignored. I posted a ton of information in their original forums back in then but obviously they decided that being 100% accurate on the aircraft wasn't a priority.

I am more than willing to help anyone who wants to make UH-60s correctly. I worked on them and flew in them for many years. I have over 680 combat flight hours in Iraq and I know the aircraft inside and out.

well, I for one would definitely like to see an accurate UH-60 aswell, the H-47 in OA has the same issue, with inaccurate armament of miniguns when those too should be M240s

Well it truly would be nice to have you work with stiltman. What do you say stiltman?:)

Well, ive been a bit AFK lately, but as all other say, its been crazy IRL with work, and work on another mod.

but things are progressing hopefully after these 14days of work i get time to finish the things that are left.

good news though is sound mods should work on it on the next release.

@pwnage_51 & cole2: yeah, i wouldnt mind to get them more realistic specially modelwise, and adding more versions like the DAP and all, but as i said before i dont model or texture, so unless someone else provide that i can not do much more with it, realisticly wise.

Other than that, im not sure if there will be more versions or not later on, if i can find some help or not. but seeing yurapetrov is making some awesome models, and working on the whole H-60 family, id probably see this as placeholders until his are released.

a DAP version would be sick. but in the meantime is there a way you could just reskin the ones with the rockets and hellfires to flat black like the 160th aircraft, considering SOAR(A) is the only unit who has armed 60s.

An could you try to make a traditional blackhawk helo?

Hey could you also repaint the OA blackhawk to it's real colors and make a medevac without refueling tubes along with your project?

Hey could you also repaint the OA blackhawk to it's real colors and make a medevac without refueling tubes along with your project?

Read his last post.

@pwnage_51 & cole2: yeah, i wouldnt mind to get them more realistic specially modelwise, and adding more versions like the DAP and all, but as i said before i dont model or texture, so unless someone else provide that i can not do much more with it, realisticly wise.

Other than that, im not sure if there will be more versions or not later on, if i can find some help or not. but seeing yurapetrov is making some awesome models, and working on the whole H-60 family, id probably see this as placeholders until his are released.

great mod, only one question, how come none of the choppers have flares with ACE2 Mod in Operation Arrowhead? Is it just me or am I the only one that doesnt have working flares, and if, is there a possible work around?

hey stiltman could you get rid of the mini guns put m240bravo machine guns and replace the rotors and also replace their sound?

Thank you for a great addon :)