Sign in to follow this  
edgardeth

Russian Army Base (FOB) template

Compact Russian Base (FOB)

I have wanted to make a Russian base for a long time. and now its done. Cheers to my neighbors The Russians and their sturdy military.

General Info:

Here is another Base of the compact kind. That means that I've made this with the idea of having a useful ,but not to big base for mission makers or just anyone to play around with.

The base is simply surrounded by a high perimeter wall with fences and sandbags. With two entry points drive able for the Ai.

I suggest that you fit the interior to your own needs as I just put in some units to make the place look a little lively.

I coudn't really find any indication on if the Russians use Hesco bastions or not. so I made the base without a single one.

Features:

- Barracks area

- Operations HQ

- Vehicle yard

- Depot

- Helipad (FAARP)

- Field Hospital

Additional info:

Not much else to say.. Please give some feedback on the forums or make a comment if you think something should have been done differently or anything at all concerning the base.

Install:

extract the folder in to your Arma2/missions folder. (that should be located in your documents folder on Vista)

(No addons used, no addons needed. made with arma2 patched v 1.5)

Credits:

all credit go to Bohemia Interactive and the OFP/Arma Community bringing inspiration to people.

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/16544365/Compact_RUFOB.rar

Edited by edgardeth

cool checking it out. You should use mediafire instead of file front.. file front is rather slow.

@AxF FoX

Thanks. I'll do that next time.

Hope you like the base

hmm it won't even download for me or my freind, re-up on that other site.

Ok. working on it.

It seems that i cant establish connection with mediafire right now, I guess it will sort it self out soon

Edited by edgardeth

Cool

can't wait to get home and try this one

Thanks for informing us :)

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9384686.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Edited by Marko112

Looks really nice! Can't wait to check it out. I tried to make a russian base too using the US FOB v2 you made not so long ago and it looked cool but some scripts like the engineers repairing the car weren't working but anyway, good job :)

Thanks to Armaholic.com and Armedassault.info for Publishing my base!

Base is great, but I think it could use a bunker.. It just feels... err.. unsafe...

@AxF FoX

Thanks for saying that.

Ill put one in and send an update to the websites hosting it

Nice FOB, but I have one mention: I've never seen that helipads were inside such bases, either in Afghanistan or in Chechnya. If there is some place that can be used for chopper landing, it was situated 50-100 m far from base. In this case landed helicopter, which took heavy dammage and can explode, would not harm the base structures and personnel.

Hi edgardeth

really nice job you did. Had an extensive look yesterday at your template and it's really well done. One question, some of the objects are placed as "cargo" is there any specific reason for that? Just curious. Yeah and the helipad should be placed outside the base for the reason Spooky Lynx mentioned.

Thanks for sharing this template.:D

kind regards

lots of great feedback here Thanks a lot guys..

I'm really thankful for you guys letting me know about the helipad.

I had no idea.. I thought that the helipad would be safer inside the base, so I put it there. Thanks a lot for telling me

My goal is to make things as realistic as possible and please give more feedback if there is anything else to mention.

Thanks all

You could place some defensive positions around the helipad to protect the same. In any case I like your templates very much. May I ask you once again why some of the objects has been placed as cargo or was that just a case?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to some other templates of yours in case it's in your planning and I believe that I will definitely use some in my missions, giving naturally credits.:D

By the way have you made some smaller FOB's?

In any case, keep up the good work.:clap:

Kind regards

Oh hehe.. its just a coincidence that they are set as in cargo. Cant remember how or why.

I am actually working on different (smaller) bases. Ill release some of them in the coming week.

do you have any suggestions?

Edited by edgardeth

That's really great. I was actually asking for some smaller FOB's because it's sometimes hard to find the right spot to place them. In case they are big, it's not very easy to find the right location especially when using some smaller user made Islands.

For the time being I have no suggestions to make since I figured you know what you're doing, if something will come to my attention I'll let you know. I downloaded also your other templates, but for being honest haven't had the time to check them out yet, but I'll give feedback once I've done it.:D

Looking forward to your next releases.

kind regards

A very well done and elaborate framerate-sucker. ;)