Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Half ladder model issue

Well I am having an other issue with Tropica objects, this time with ladders ...

for I have 3 ladders, on the Tropica oil rig

I have used the half_ladder model but it doesn't work

I have used the ladder model at 50% and the ladder is working

I clearly don't understand why

All other ladders are working on the map so it's not a map config issue

As I am getting a message in binarization log telling that the config for the half_ladder model is missing, I am wondering if this half ladder model is inheriting from a class not present on my addons and differnt from the one used in the ladder model

If somebody is having a hint, it will be good.

Is this the Arma 1 USEC oil rig, by Rocket???

I've been fooling around with that myself, with a view to having some "Scottish North Sea oil platforms"... looks like you're one step ahead of me Old Bear - I hadn't got as far as fixing the ladders yet...

I'll be interested to see if you solve this one, though I have no immediate suggestions I'm afraid... except perhaps to mention I get "config class missing" when including a few other standard Arma2 objects like buoys - so maybe they're requiring some sort of config definition during the binarization process, and I don't have that particular file available in my P:\CA ???

Just guessing there - I haven't chased that buoys issue yet either...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

No sorry, it's not the USEC oil rig by Rocket nor the oil rig to be found Alex Sworn's La Samula island.

The CEMTEX oil platform on Tropica is a build from BIS vanilla parts gathered together with Floosy help, but of course, the item I am using is one that would have been great on those rigs for now you can disembark from a boat on a dock and climb on the oil platform.

For a while I havn't been disturbed by those missing config message for they where related to objects without action on them. But I am wondering what is wrong on the map :confused:

Veeeery nice :) i'm building something like this on my own island. It's a oil pump station, used by tankers to unload oil far away from the coast.

Your work quality seems awesome!

From memory all ladders worked for me except the half ladder too, so maybe it is missing a BIS config as u suggest. You could always try adding your own config for the same p3d model.

Well, that is a part of the problem for the ladder build by [ADO] GMC, our addon maker guru ^^, based on the model from ArmA, is working on editor and NOT working when placed on the map in Visitor3 :(

So I am wondering if the working ladder is inheriting from a not yet identified class ... :confused:

Guys there is a working Half-Ladder and a non working.

Tested it on my new Project :P

Working One: ca\misc\ladder_half.p3d

Not Working: ca\misc3\ladderhalf.p3d

Greetz

Commander

Thank you ! Hope the Tropica public release will be on schedule now ;)