Sign in to follow this  
rksl-rock

RKSL Merlin HC3 BETA Release

• a) Not whine incessently about something you know nothing about.

hehehe

"Bitchin Betty" WARNING I'M A CUNT, YOU'RE GOING TO CRASH; PULL UP! lol cool aircraft :D

Yeah really like it, its got so many more features and details than any other chopper i've used. I dont know whether its on the chopper side or just the game but ive been playin in the editor with you choppers trying to insertions. And they do work for the most part the only problem being is that when i give the ai pilots the waypoint order "transport unload" it pushes me out of the chopper when its still to high so much so that my legs break lol. i tried switching in and out different choppers to see whether it was that and the blackhawk was just landing and letting me out with no trouble. But still really like the chopper its my favourate in the game cheers for making it. :)

Love the addon, great work so far.

I had an idea, obviously i don't do addon building but thought you might be able to shed light on its possibility.

With ACE you know how you can attach sadbags to vehicles? Would it be possible to have something similar where if you enter the back of the merlin and use the sit down key to get locked onto it. Or alternatively you can sit down on an individual chair and hop out back into the cargo area?

Would love to see more use of getting in and out of it manually.

... I dont know whether its on the chopper side or just the game but ive been playin in the editor with you choppers trying to insertions. And they do work for the most part the only problem being is that when i give the ai pilots the waypoint order "transport unload" it pushes me out of the chopper when its still to high so much so that my legs break lol. ...

Send me the mission you are using to test it and i'll take a look.

Love the addon, great work so far.

I had an idea, obviously i don't do addon building but thought you might be able to shed light on its possibility.

With ACE you know how you can attach sadbags to vehicles? Would it be possible to have something similar where if you enter the back of the merlin and use the sit down key to get locked onto it. Or alternatively you can sit down on an individual chair and hop out back into the cargo area?

Would love to see more use of getting in and out of it manually.

The way cargo slots are handled is quite limited in ArmA's engine. And to use attachto would mean lots of issues with scripting and indiviual triggers which would be a huge pain. And would probably render the helicopter unusable by Ai so I'm going to say, "its not worth it."

Just gave this baby a whirl..... Really loving it, easy to fly and handles very well, I have to applause you on a job very well done. I can't wait to see the Full release with all textures and features ( You are such a tease :P)

I think the Merlin flies wonderfully Rock.

I've always found your stuff more comfortable to fly than BIS chopper; and I say this as someone who's a bloody terrible pilot. I'm one of those people who'll never volunteer to fly other people around in MP because I know how bad I am.

Looking forward to the armed versions of the Merlin: I just read about the new Lynx AH.9As arriving in Afghanistan, being fitted with M3Ms .50 Cals (like the RN's) and it's got me in the mood for some proper heli-borne fire-power.

hmm can't find it in the editor. What is it under?

hmm can't find it in the editor. What is it under?

BLUFOR > UK Armed Forces > Royal Air Force > Merlin HC.3(U) v.719B

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Looking forward to the armed versions of the Merlin: I just read about the new Lynx AH.9As arriving in Afghanistan, being fitted with M3Ms .50 Cals (like the RN's) and it's got me in the mood for some proper heli-borne fire-power.

Yeah Ive just been given some pics of the new AH9's in Afghanistan but they arent armed with M3Ms? Have you got any pics I'd like to see which mounts they used?

Those are some of the ones i've already seen. They all have the standard GPMG Mounts, not the M3M.

I've asked two mates Mark and Ian, both are part of the Lynx community and both of them seem to think its a mistake. Unless something has changed both said only the RN Lynx HAS3 and HMA8 have M3Ms. Mark is going to ask for further info today so if he finds out more i'll let you know. And the upgraded AH9s will get whatever the current loadout, GPMG or M3M, is. Maybe both...

Back on topic: the upgraded/Bug fixed 0.723BETA Merlin should go out tonight.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Only pic of the 9A with the M3M visible so far is this (rear aircraft):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ac-M0_bqRHU/S_rNnnbi6AI/AAAAAAAAAsI/plez2YFUSnA/s1600/DSC_0785-16.jpg

but it's not exactly a good one for showing the mount. Front aircraft has the general still.

Was taken from here:

http://helmandblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-army-lynx-helicopters-boost-air.html

Dunno if Becks is sat in a Lynx here or not:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ac-M0_bqRHU/S_gOsaZIX5I/AAAAAAAAAp8/LBW6PR7M_74/s1600/beckham2.jpg

Door looks fairly close to the cockpit, and it has grey paint on the fuselage, so it's possible that it's an AAC Lynx as the rest of the rotary wing fleet we have in theatre typically comes in all-over green. I'm not aware of us having any Grey RN aircraft there apart from the Sea King ASaC.7s

Edited by da12thMonkey

Only pic of the 9A with the M3M visible so far is this (rear aircraft):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ac-M0_bqRHU/S_rNnnbi6AI/AAAAAAAAAsI/plez2YFUSnA/s1600/DSC_0785-16.jpg

but it's not exactly a good one for showing the mount. Front aircraft has the general still.

Was taken from here:

http://helmandblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-army-lynx-helicopters-boost-air.html

Dunno if Becks is sat in a Lynx here or not:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ac-M0_bqRHU/S_gOsaZIX5I/AAAAAAAAAp8/LBW6PR7M_74/s1600/beckham2.jpg

Door looks fairly close to the cockpit, and it has grey paint on the fuselage, so it's possible that it's an AAC Lynx as the rest of the rotary wing fleet we have in theatre typically comes in all-over green. I'm not aware of us having any Grey RN aircraft there apart from the Sea King ASaC.7s

Well that seals it. M3Ms on the AH9 then. It's likely to be the same mounts as the naval Lynx. Lucky i have the mount modeled for the HMA8.

RE: Beckham pic. Its definatley a Lynx. I recognise the cabin pillar and overhead. How sad am I :D

It will be interesting to see what Mark comes back with tonight.

Thanks for that.

The Merlin is stunning! Both to look at and to fly.

Are you planning a Fleet Air Arm Merlin? And if so how far off is it?

The Merlin is stunning! Both to look at and to fly.

His website explains it:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/a2-projects/a2-uk-projects/westland-merlin-hc3

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/a2-projects/a2-uk-projects/westland-merlin-hm1

When? Most likely when it's done but here's a WIP breakdown:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/a2-projects/a2-uk-projects

BLUFOR > UK Armed Forces > Royal Air Force > Merlin HC.3(U) v.719B

strange, cause I can't find it.. hmmm :confused:

.... when i give the ai pilots the waypoint order "transport unload" it pushes me out of the chopper when its still to high so much so that my legs break lol...

David, I got your email. Thanks. Unfortunately I dont use ACE so i couldnt test use them but Ive lowered the getout points by 0.5m and the Ai dont take damage using the vanilla ArmA 1.05. The latest version should be ok now.

Yes I am, and some time off. I need to finish the HC3 first, since obviously im going to use it as the base to convert from.

I could use the 2nd generation (VBS2 spec) model shown on the website. But it wouldnt look as good as the current Gen4 HC3 nor would it have as many features. So there will stil be some work to do before i can release the HM1.

strange, cause I can't find it.. hmmm :confused:

Well everyone else seem to have so I can only suggest its not in an active mod folder?

UPDATED BUILD v0.723External BETA - 25-05-10

merlin-beta_rel2_sml.jpg

OK, Its a little bit later than promised. Life rarely goes to plan and im no exception. So as promised here it is.

PLEASE Remember this is a BETA and is still a Work in Progress. The cockpit especially still has a long way to go but the basic functionality is there.

Make sure you read the README file as it explains some of the features and alarms. Active Key Features are:

• Auto/Manual Landing gear toggle
  • Cockpit Audio Warnings - aka Bitchin' Betty (can be switched off)
  • Fully Instrumented cockpit and warnings
  • Integrated Self Destruct script. to make vehicle respawning easier in Domination etc
  • Laser Designator in the Optical Turret.

Planned or not yet implemented Features:

• Auto/Manual Doors toggle
  • Switchable Copilot Position* - Allows the copilot to take control of the aircraft and vice versa.
  • 3 Versions
    • Unarmed (U) - holds 34 cargo
    • Gun (G) - 3x GPMG - One either side and one on the Ramp with 30 cargo slots*
    • Cargo © - 2x GPMG - One either side with space in the back for cargo.*

[*]Fire Extinguishers - dependant on an undeveloped damage monitor script system*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

- 30+ individual fixes from textures to animations

- Fixed Script Error

- Fixed/Improved Shadow Lods

- 6 New Res Lods

- changed getin/getout heights

----------------------------------------------------------------------

REQUIRED ADDONS

While it is possible to use the addon without any of the core files it is strongly recommended that you use the lastest RKSL support files.

RKSL Flare System v2.02 or higher

RKSL Core v2.02 or higher

Please report all bugs via the RKSL bugtracker:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/documentation/bug-tracker

PLEASE NOTE BY DOWNLOADING THIS ADDON YOU AGREE TO:

• a) Not whine incessently about something you know nothing about.
  • b) abide by the terms of the RKSL Standard EULA.

DOWNLOADS

MIRROR 1 - Version 0.723EB RKSL Studios - 30.5Mb RAR

Edited by RKSL-Rock

great!

I found out what I did wrong..

I put RSKL instead of RKSL..

:(

Works perfectly now, thanks for the update.

Going back a week or two rock i said i got that error message saying i was missing the radarsys.pbo. I put your theory to the test that i should not be running addons from my documents and program files at the same time so i took everything out of that folder apart from the saved game data which is suppose to be there. But i still got the error message. What is strange though is that it is only saying the pumas, lynxs, and the arma 2 pbo need it but the merlin apparently doesnt, even when i have the addons working from both places. Does the merlin use this file or not because its strange that only a few of the addons would say its missing :/.

Going back a week or two rock i said i got that error message saying i was missing the radarsys.pbo. I put your theory to the test that i should not be running addons from my documents and program files at the same time so i took everything out of that folder apart from the saved game data which is suppose to be there. But i still got the error message. What is strange though is that it is only saying the pumas, lynxs, and the arma 2 pbo need it but the merlin apparently doesnt, even when i have the addons working from both places. Does the merlin use this file or not because its strange that only a few of the addons would say its missing :/.

The latest build NEEDS the 2.02 Core and Radar_sys(aka Flares) files. If you got them from ArmAholic then get them again. Unfortunately Foxhound hadnt updated the files since they were both at v2.01. He's fixed them now.

hi rock

since the mv-22 has the possibility to "taxi" to the runway , do you think you can also implement it in your helis, so you can fix the speed for rolling at 30-40 kph.

to lift of you have to go in normal heli-flight mode...

possible or not ?

hi rock

since the mv-22 has the possibility to "taxi" to the runway , do you think you can also implement it in your helis, so you can fix the speed for rolling at 30-40 kph.

to lift of you have to go in normal heli-flight mode...

possible or not ?

It is possible to do it the same way as the V-22. But you would lose a lot of what makes it a practical helicopter.

You see the V-22 is set up as a VTOL plane. Exactly the same way as the F-35 is. Which means you lose alot of the versatility of the flight model at low speeds and means you could not have turreted weapons. So sorry but no. its not something i'd seriously consider doing.

Edited by RKSL-Rock