Sign in to follow this  
rksl-rock

RKSL Merlin HC3 BETA Release

UPDATED BUILD v0.723External BETA - 25-05-10

merlin-beta_rel2_sml.jpg

OK, Its a little bit later than promised. Life rarely goes to plan and im no exception. So as promised here it is.

PLEASE Remember this is a BETA and is still a Work in Progress. The cockpit especially still has a long way to go but the basic functionality is there.

Make sure you read the README file as it explains some of the features and alarms. Active Key Features are:

• Auto/Manual Landing gear toggle
  • Cockpit Audio Warnings - aka Bitchin' Betty (can be switched off)
  • Fully Instrumented cockpit and warnings
  • Integrated Self Destruct script. to make vehicle respawning easier in Domination etc
  • Laser Designator in the Optical Turret.

Planned or not yet implemented Features:

• Auto/Manual Doors toggle
  • Switchable Copilot Position* - Allows the copilot to take control of the aircraft and vice versa.
  • 3 Versions
    • Unarmed (U) - holds 34 cargo
    • Gun (G) - 3x GPMG - One either side and one on the Ramp with 30 cargo slots*
    • Cargo © - 2x GPMG - One either side with space in the back for cargo.*

[*]Fire Extinguishers - dependant on an undeveloped damage monitor script system*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

- 30+ individual fixes from textures to animations

- Fixed Script Error

- Fixed/Improved Shadow Lods

- 6 New Res Lods

- changed getin/getout heights

----------------------------------------------------------------------

REQUIRED ADDONS

While it is possible to use the addon without any of the core files it is strongly recommended that you use the lastest RKSL support files.

RKSL Flare System v2.02 or higher

RKSL Core v2.02 or higher

Please report all bugs via the RKSL bugtracker:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/documentation/bug-tracker

PLEASE NOTE BY DOWNLOADING THIS ADDON YOU AGREE TO:

• a) Not whine incessently about something you know nothing about.
  • b) abide by the terms of the RKSL Standard EULA.

DOWNLOADS

MIRROR 1 - Version 0.723EB RKSL Studios - 30.5Mb RAR

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Great work fellas, thanks.

You rock, Rock. yet another awsome chopper <3

Edited by Due-_-

Thanks Rock!

I can't seem to get the DL link to work on your site. Nothing is happening at the moment. I'll try back a bit later.

Thanks to all you guys. You are legends!

Thanks Rock!

I can't seem to get the DL link to work on your site. Nothing is happening at the moment. I'll try back a bit later.

Thanks to all you guys. You are legends!

Hmm its worked for atleast 12 people so far? I'm sure Foxhound will mirror it in the morning so you can probably get it from ArmAholic in a few hours.

Hmm its worked for atleast 12 people so far? I'm sure Foxhound will mirror it in the morning so you can probably get it from ArmAholic in a few hours.

I think it's something with my firefox browser. It worked once but the DL cut off and now when I hit the DL button again nothing happens. It's the damnedest thing.

All good though. I tried IE and it's going right now. I'm about to install it as I type. Not sure why firefox vs IE would make a difference this one time but all I can say is that firefox ain't doing it for me. Thank god for a back up browser like IE. :)

just get this small error but work great in arma2

scriptrks\RKSL-Systerm\s\addons\rksl merlin-systerm.sqf. not found

hope this help but again great addon

I get the same error, but it seems to be working well.

i get a different problem, when i go into the game with rksl addons on i get a message bar that says im missing or the lynx need file 'core radarsys' ive downloaded all your files i could find but it still does it :/.

just get this small error but work great in arma2

hope this help but again great addon

1) Is that the actual error?

1) How does it manifest? Is it a popup or just an entry in the RPT?

I know about the error, its a screwup on my part. Its just that none of the testers have mentioned it.

i get a different problem, when i go into the game with rksl addons on i get a message bar that says im missing or the lynx need file 'core radarsys' ive downloaded all your files i could find but it still does it :/.

Are you sure you have the ArmA2 version and have the pbo in an Active Mod folder? You would only get that error if the rksl-system.pbo and rksl-radarsys.pbo are missing.

On the error, it appears at the main menu, then again in the editor, then again once the mission boots up.

merlinerror.jpg

This flies absolutely beautifully Rock, good job. :) I'm getting some fps slowdown at low level, i'll make a short video later.

Edited by Daniel

yup sure i kept all the different choppers and systems together and theyre in the game but it still pops up. And i just had another look to make sure lol. They're all in My documents/arma2/CA/addons. stragely though in the list of things that need it the merlin doesnt pop up where as the puma and lynx do as well as arma2.pbo. Also arma 2 is updated to 1.05.

yup sure i kept all the different choppers and systems together and theyre in the game but it still pops up. And i just had another look to make sure lol. They're all in My documents/arma2/CA/addons. stragely though in the list of things that need it the merlin doesnt pop up where as the puma and lynx do as well as arma2.pbo. Also arma 2 is updated to 1.05.

Erm, unless you've installed it in a custom place your addons shouldnt be in My Documents?

The normal path is usually something like:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

And its a better idea to use mod folders so the files would be in:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RKSL\addons\

Then just add the @RKSL to you shortcut as per the install instructions.

@ All I'll try and get an updated version out later today that fixes the flares. Someone just reminded me we have an Internal test version of the Flare and System PBOs so we wont see that same error.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

yeah i have that two for some reason when i installed it gave me two directories and both work at the same time lol. i have mods working from both lol. I'll try it in a modfolder and see if it works but i dunno why but i have both file paths lol.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Nope ive put it in a modfolder in program files/arma2.... and it is still telling me i have a file missing :/

yeah i have that two for some reason when i installed it gave me two directories and both work at the same time lol. i have mods working from both lol. I'll try it in a modfolder and see if it works but i dunno why but i have both file paths lol.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Nope ive put it in a modfolder in program files/arma2.... and it is still telling me i have a file missing :/

That might be your problem. It shouldnt have two directories like that.

@All

Sorry guys, I've fixed the issue with the 0.719BETA script setup. Once i've squished a few more bugs I'll post an update later today.

Thanks

hmmm im not sure it is a directory though i think it is where arma 2 saved my settings and everything but when i didnt actually know where i was suppose to put addons i think that was the first place i found so i just made an addon folder there and it work. Strange though that it might cause i problem for this because it hasnt for any other mods :/.

hmmm im not sure it is a directory though i think it is where arma 2 saved my settings and everything but when i didnt actually know where i was suppose to put addons i think that was the first place i found so i just made an addon folder there and it work. Strange though that it might cause i problem for this because it hasnt for any other mods :/.

Well no one else has reported the same issue. And anyone thats had this problem in the past its been down to missing files.

I've just tested it with no other addons and had two other people do the same. Its not the addon, its got to be your setup.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Are you making a Mod folder or using the ones RKSL supplied in the DL's? If you made your own make sure you have an AddOns folder inside the modfolder, then the .pbos in said AddOns folder.

I can't really think of any other reason why this would happen.

Good luck and take care.

Good job Rock and the team. I also got that error Rock, but I see you'll be updating later! Can't wait. :)

This is a fantastic helicopter guys! Well done and thank you for all your hard work!