Sign in to follow this  
chneemann

New SP Mission "NMD" by Chneemann

Today I have a new singleplayer mission for you.

Of course I finished the mission even after the end of Mapfact. And it won't be the last mission I'll build.

After I made a lot of missions and played other missions as well, I realized that often the player with a small team fights against a huge enemy with lots of soldiers.

So action will only take part around the player who keeps track of things all the time.

NMD_Promo1.jpgNMD_Promo2.jpg

That's why I wanted to build a mission in which the player only takes a small part of the whole operation. My goal was to create a conflict with two nearly equal sides. The player has control of some squads via the High Command System, but not of all units.

If a squad breaks out of the bushes about 650 feet away you have to look first whether they are enemies or friendly. Permanently there's gunfire and explosions around you for real war feeling.

NMD_Promo3.jpgNMD_Promo4.jpg

After I had the framework I need a suitable story. And I found the „National Missile Defense“ system of the U.S. The americans like to establish the shield in eastern Europe and the russians don't like the system there.

It's a bit unfamiliar, but you'll play on the russian side and it's your task to avoid the missile shield being installed on Chernarus.

So have fun ;-)

Download: http://www.Mapfact.net/Material/ArmA2/SP-Missions/NMD/SP_NationalMissileDefense.rar

Readme eng: http://www.Mapfact.net/Material/ArmA2/SP-Missions/NMD/Readme_eng.pdf

Readme deu: http://www.Mapfact.net/Material/ArmA2/SP-Missions/NMD/Readme_Deu.pdf

Without an ArmA team I'm depending on hosting – further mirrors would be nice

Regards, Florian aka Chneemann

Edited by Chneemann
Wrong link

Hi Chneemann, it looks very nice! Are any Addons required ?

Thanks,

OP

Yes, one Addon: MAP_EU.pbo (389 kb)

It's included in the downloadfile

Very interesting concept! I will post my experience with this tommorow when I wake up and play it ;)

Version 1.01 is up now.

I misplaced a " in the stringtable :-/

This affect a small part of the briefing concerning the point "Attack the airport"

Edited by Chneemann

Chneemann,

I almost crapped my pants when I saw an A2 mission by you. I look forward to checking this one out and breaking it down in the Editor. I learned so much from your A1 missions it was amazing. You are one of the people that got me hooked on mission making and made learning very simple. Thank you for all the time you've spent making missions for us.

You my friend, are a legend of mission making for sure! Thanks again.

This is pretty awesome mission.

And hard too, the enemy tanks keep blowing all my tanks and troops to hell, its like my tanks cant freaking aim straight. Need to rethink my strategy.

But yeah, really good mission!

Looks like you rush to fast forward :p

When I play the mission I go first and then call the tanks to secure the position while I have a look to the next point. :)

But of course it's normal, that you loose some of your support troops.

And it's even possible to be succesful without one of them.

Looks like you rush to fast forward :p

Nah man, im not rushing, but the AI controlled troops are, so im just tryin to keep up with them and save their asses with my units, otherwise they just rush into the enemy troops and tanks and get shredded by the enemy.

One thing i tried, and it worked pretty well was that i just stayed at the base camp with my tanks etc and let the enemy come to my base, the enemy tanks rolled to my base and we took care of them, but the frendly AI troops just rushed past the towns and got killed by machineguns and tanks etc :)

By the way, does the napa appear at different locations every time, co's i looked at all the places marked at the map, but couldnt find them?

By the way, does the napa appear at different locations every time, co's i looked at all the places marked at the map, but couldnt find them?

I'm sure there is one place left you haven't been ;-)

Hi,

In your Task, I have no idea what direction to head off for to take care of the...

Radio Instillation. There is no marker for it. Not sure what to do about NAPA as well. Are they friend or foe?

Also, are my guys Recon? Seems like I've got to take out wave after wave of attacks on our airport AND proceed with my Tasks. Are Recon usually thrown in side by side with Infantry troops and tanks or should me and my squad be sneaking around, using the woods for cover to get to our goals??

Thanks

Hey there,

ok, looks like I have to give some more information.

I tried to make a complex mission with an inconclusive situation.

So it's a target to disturb the enemy's radio signals. But it's your turn to find out how.

But of course I don't hide a single radio somewhere in the woods ;-)

At the beginning the morning rises and it's to dark to look around. But after some minutes – normally you just have taken Zelenogorsk – it becomes day and you should have a look to the north-east and you will see something concerning radio signals.

The NAPA are communistic friends of the Russians. But of course they are very well hidden of the US troops. And that's why your information is very unclear too. There are some locations marked on the map where they probably could have their base-camp.

So it's your turn to find them and they will support you with some soldiers.

Now the last and maybe hardest thing to understand - what is your part of the mission.

I liked to build a mission which isn't focused on the player. You are just a part of this large operation. And you are nearly free to decide what you like to do.

You like taking a village? Then support Charlie with doing that.

Or you like to hide your team in the woods and sneak around you can do that to looking for the US radio signals or the NAPA.

Or you like a mixture – then destroy the AA-bases.

You can accomplish each task either with you 4 Men squad or with the full power of all you units.

The main target is to take the airport at the end.

But every sub-target ease the final fight.

I hope that will help a bit ;-)

X2 i dislike missions where you have to figure out where to go etc?

this OK mission could be a great mission with a bit more polishing and instructions.

way points would be a plus aswell!

Play your mission for 2-3 hours and it´s really great!

First i stand in the Base like a donkey in the rain, but then i realized that all the other people doing their job with me or without me. Pretty cool when u don´t have to play James Bond,all eyes on you.

One thing i don´t understand: After a while i got a radio, that the transport chopper is ready to use and later that an armed chopper waiting for my go, but when i call one of them nothing happens.There´s no answer from HQ and no question where to go.Is there a trick to call?

One thing i don´t understand: After a while i got a radio, that the transport chopper is ready to use and later that an armed chopper waiting for my go, but when i call one of them nothing happens.There´s no answer from HQ and no question where to go.Is there a trick to call?

The chopper will fly to the heliport at Zelenogorsk.

After that you could command them over high command (EG6 and EG7)

If there are problems with start/landing, use direct orders via radio menu.

But there's another thing you should know.

It's the ArmA2 engine that make it a wounded soldier at the field possible calling your evac chopper.

The same thing is for the medic-car at EG2 - if it's near a wounded soldier it will support him without your orders.

I dislike that feature but that's ArmA ;-)

I'm sure there is one place left you haven't been ;-)

can you give any hints where the napa might be?

iv'e checked all the marked places in the map, but coudnt find them.

Should they be near the marked flag or somewhere around that area :confused:

Great, great mission :yay:

I progress slowly but surely.

Why from the beginning in HC i have G8 and G9 (R11A - R11B) supposed Napa forces ?

Thanks.

Why from the beginning in HC i have G8 and G9 (R11A - R11B) supposed Napa forces ?

No idea... :eek:

Somebody else who had that "feature" ?

Thank u.I will have more patience with the pilot!

One thing more to say: I played an evening just for fun, means i walked a long while with my troops, attacking the enemy from the flanks (is it the english word?) and i really enjoyed that free gaming.It´s very cool how much life u brought to the map!

Hmm...cant enjoy this mission so far its too slow. :(

Can you optimise/tweak your mission a little bit more or "merge" it on a performance-friendly island/map?