Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Mk18 1.0 pack

Think its beter to keep them seperate if they're so similar. No point in loading one pack for a gizilion versions of what is basicaly the same weopon. Better to load fewer packs and get some variety.

Well done RH !

Ehh, I consider the M16/M4/Mk18 family a special case; at least, I'd prefer weapon family packs as opposed to these sort of two-packs. On the other hand, now I see the explanation from the requester. :) In the future I'd like to see the weapon packs consolidated/sorted out, as well as the optics be more consistent (if the ACOG in vanilla/ACE2 can zoom but not the RH ACOG... not cool), but otherwise the weapons themselves look great. A lot of my issues with his packs to date are personal preference stuff.

For what it's worth, I'm intending to pose with both the Mk18 and Mk14 EBR this weekend, I've held them both. :) Though, I have no idea how to extend the stock of the EBR...

I don't know any mod that adds a weapon with an ACOG that can zoom, and if there is one, that mod is wrong and needs to be fixed ;) At least if it's any of the ACOG models that I know. Consistency with RL is the best way to go. If you adjust a mod just so that its features align with some other mod's unrealistic features you're just asking for trouble, especially if the other mod eventually fixes your issue and your mod stays unfixed.

I was referring to how to my recollection all vanilla/ACE2 weapons in general let you "hold RMB to zoom"... even with fixed-power or 1x red dot-type optics, not (just) IRL variable power optics, or even iron sights.

EDIT: Point conceded, the vanilla-version ACOG does not support zoom while aiming down the sight (though such a weapon will support zooming when hipfiring... huh), I just checked, same goes for the when it's called the "RCO."

I do admit a feeling that the Mk18 (and in general many weapons) are better on islands with clear lines of sight... damn you, opaque grass. *fist shake* I'm definitely not used to how to use CQB-type weapons in this game where long range is usually king.

Edited by Chortles
Conceding a point

in your next weapon pack can we have the m870 shotgun alone like a short version or a long one not attach to any weapons

(DMR, HK417DMR, M24, Etc) with some CQB sights (EO Tech, Micro Dot, RMR)

If you look into Hk416 pack theres alot versions with Hk417's

After OA release i will start on M14 pack with some special or normal versions of M14's

One gun that you could easily mod from a pre-existing model would be the TAR-21, since you have already produced the shorter CTAR-21 version, or the STAR-21 w/ optional bipod and ACOG optics.

If you look into Hk416 pack theres alot versions with Hk417's

After OA release i will start on M14 pack with some special or normal versions of M14's

Oh yes i know that RH, I use them every day and love the hell out of them. What im talking about is affixing an EOtech or other CQB style sight, ON TOP of a normal style Sniper Scope that is on the weapon, and use the ACE CQB sight function to be able to switch from the rifle scope to the CQB sight.

found a pic

edfbo2.jpg

Edited by franklin

One gun that you could easily mod from a pre-existing model would be the TAR-21, since you have already produced the shorter CTAR-21 version, or the STAR-21 w/ optional bipod and ACOG optics.

Maybe in future version of Hk416 pack ;)

Oh yes i know that RH, I use them every day and love the hell out of them. What im talking about is affixing an EOtech or other CQB style sight, ON TOP of a normal style Sniper Scope that is on the weapon, and use the ACE CQB sight function to be able to switch from the rifle scope to the CQB sight.

Did you tryed Ace configs for RH packs? You can easy switch from acog to cqb sight - like ace ones

EDIT:

Lol , O.o i see that first time , who those guys?

Edited by RobertHammer

:D now you see :D

quote from militaryphotos.net:

Sgt. 1st Class Eric Wagner (front) and Sgt. 1st Class Tim GoZelski compete in the Stress Shoot at Ft. Benning, Ga.. The soldiers are members of the Special Warfare Training Group (Airborne) from Ft. Bragg, N.C.

[James J. Lee / Times Staff]

I have seen this setup more than in this certain instance though, while I was overseas. I'm sure you can understand why getting photographs of the setups would be difficult though.

I've never seen anybody do this for arma, and I know the snipers on my team (10th SFG) would use this almost every day, and im sure there are quite a few other special forces style units in the community, who's snipers would drool over having a few weapons setup like this. It would make MOUT ops much much less intimidating for them.

Firstly.

I feel the Mk18 package is one of the best RH releases yet. I've got a few quick suggestions.

Mk18

Though a cool model they different versions of it do seem a little repetitive. Loosing the foregrip, changing the location of the laser pointer, and so on would be an excellent improvement.

Incidentally it would be really cool to see the numbers on how a Mk18 handles/behaves differently from a fullsized M4A1 from one of your other packages.

Eotech

The reticule is just too fat to be of comfortable usage. I believe this has been noted earlier in this thread, and in other RH packages as well. Vanilla BIS is a decent guideline -- ACE2 style even better.

I believe the MGS package has pretty decent EOtechs.

Additions

A P226 Navy and Mark23 (SD and not) from your pistol package would make this release thourough. Adding a proper M60 variant would make it all-inclusive.

All in all?

Thanks for an excellent release.

-k

^^Agreed, even though the SEALs no longer use the 60 (replaced with MK.48), it would still be awesome to have :) (although I think some weapon pack out there has one, cant remember though . . .)

I would like to request for future updates of this pack to possibly include the new RIS II SOCOM is using in their SOPMOD Block II program, thus replacing all of the old SOPMOD kits.

th_1509453305_1099998882.jpg

^^Agreed, even though the SEALs no longer use the 60 (replaced with MK.48), it would still be awesome to have :) (although I think some weapon pack out there has one, cant remember though . . .)

I would like to request for future updates of this pack to possibly include the new RIS II SOCOM is using in their SOPMOD Block II program, thus replacing all of the old SOPMOD kits.

Yea , those new RIS II are cool and those RIS covers "ladders" are even better :D

Shame theres no 3D model out there :/ so maybe in the future

btw SEALs are still using modern M60's like E4 or better Mk43 Mod 1 ;) - in OA we will get a very nice M60E4

Hello. I've just installed this weapons addon. Could you tell me where it can be found? I installed it correctly and activated it. The readme says there is an ammo crate for it but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Hello. I've just installed this weapons addon. Could you tell me where it can be found? I installed it correctly and activated it. The readme says there is an ammo crate for it but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

just put

this addWeapon "<input weapon here>";

in the init box for the unit you want to use the gun from the weapon pack. The weapon names are in the read me file.

I'm not at my computer but I think the ammo crate can be found under:

Empty>Ammo>RH MK18

That's what's funny. I don't see a crate for MK18. I see listed the various default crates as well as RH's other ammo crates that I have for his M4 and HK16s and such but no MK18 crate.

I'll try adding them in the init field.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Okay I figured out what the problem was. I was noticing some wierd game issues when I enabled the mod.(instead of the ship, the main screen showed animated water from underneath. Also some other mods didn't show up that usually do) After scowering over what it could be I noticed I had no underscores in the mod folder's name.

I just copy and pasted RH Mk18 pack 1.0 from the readme to be the mod folder's name. Looking how RH named his other weapons mods that I have I added underscores and a v for version:

RH_Mk18_pack_v1.0

I don't know what the reason is behind this as I'm not saavy to the inner mechanisms of mod making really but that apparently was the problem. I remember things not showing up do to adding underscores to folder names when I made some skins for Orbiter so I guess it does have an affect in game somehow.

Anyhow all is well and thank you RobertHammer for another great weapon addon.

I disagree re: adding the P226 and Mk 23 to this kit, they're just fine staying in the Pistol Pack... I'd like to PM you with my thoughts on organizing the packs if you don't mind, RH?

Incidentally at Fleet Week this year, the EOD "station" (read: table) onboard the USS Iwo Jima (LHD-7) had both the Mk 18 and the Mk 14 Mod 0. Anyone want pics? :D

Love these Mk18s! Was wondering how to turn on or alternate between the flashlights and the TPIAL. In the U.S. Army Special Weapons box there's a SCAR with a SureFire foregrip light and it looks amazing and I was hoping the RH MK18s had the same feature due to having lights as well but I can't figure out how to activate them or if it's even possible to have two lights on an OA weapon. Either way thanks a ton, RobertHammer for all your work!

-cl0ud

ACE config link in the first post appears to be outdated : /

Oh I see, thanks. I got some mk18 related error, so I thought the problem lied within the cfg. However, the problem was me, as usually :)