Sign in to follow this  
MichelleG

Tu-95MS16

Gnat: Why didn't your Tupolev ever get finished?

Time .... Time is always the enemy. Plus there were no interiors. Interiors can sometimes take longer to make than doing the whole exterior plane from scratch.

Yeh, as krzychuzokecia suggests, its a nice-to-have but in all honesty how many missions is it likely a turret gunner will be an important part? Very few.

Better to have a good weapons load-out.

Yeh, as krzychuzokecia suggests, its a nice-to-have but in all honesty how many missions is it likely a turret gunner will be an important part? Very few.

Better to have a good weapons load-out

Agreed, if the turret gunner option was to slow down the release of what will be used as a bomber, that would be a shame.

Fine, I'll keep it then :P

I have all the references I need for the interior, plenty of pictures, basic sketch, etc. Also kinda helps I've been inside one >:) All that really needs is a model. There is one thing that's always pestered me though .... What the hell do they call that ugly blue/green paintjob?

Ohh, and as to the radar .... Some might get a kick out of the fact that I plan to have it animated using textures from a 1954 Heathkit radar screen I have that STILL WORKS. It was hooked up to a PDP11 for Air Traffic Controllers at one point for Lockbourne AFB.

Well, several import problems, 8 hours of O2, and 1 broken wrist later ... an update:

tupgrounded.jpg

tupflight.jpg

I managed to fix my import problems in a rather simple way .... Re-make the whole model in O2 from scratch, lol. I kept the Tailgunner ;) and even managed to pull off counter-rotating props (You might notice that in the pic). Granted, it's the Tu-142, but it's better then nothing, ehh?

Small note: This thing needs ALOT of runway length to get off the ground. You can take-off facing south on Nogovo, but North resulted in a splash-down :(

One word: BIG. Even without textures it looks great, now we need only old Gnat's submarines as a target :) Thanks for the tailgun :D What weapons loadout do you plan?

Glad you've kept runway use somewhat realistic; not every planes should be able to land and take-off from Everon..

not every planes should be able to land and take-off from Everon..

Whoops, got my islands confused :o

I'm not sure on loadout's quite yet. I was originally planning Kh-55 missiles, but since everyone wants a nice carpet-bomber ;) I might throw in 30 FAB-500's and maybe 2x FAB-9000 (For when you want a really big BOOM!)

Here's a chart. I'll let you guys decide :D

I'm not sure on loadout's quite yet. I was originally planning Kh-55 missiles, but since everyone wants a nice carpet-bomber ;) I might throw in 30 FAB-500's and maybe 2x FAB-9000 (For when you want a really big BOOM!)

If it's Tu-142 then I'd go with Kh-55. I don't know if Tu-95MS16 can be equipped with free-fall bombs or only missiles, but if it can, and if you can make this plane look like Tu-95, then I'd go with rockets and bombs...

It's up to YOU! :)

Wow, a BEAR armed with Raduga Tac nukes gonna be awesome. I'd like to suggest both conventional and nuke loadout would be welcome and appreciated. Keeping my fingers crossed for this ambitious project!

If someone could tell me a way to get in touch with either Xenom or the DSF guys, I could probably get permission for their Nuke scripts. (Although a 200kt Kh-55 would be a bit overkill, lol)

@Gnat: Speaking of scripts, is it OK if I tear apart your Tu-22M3 and modify your tail gun script?

If someone could tell me a way to get in touch with either Xenom or the DSF guys, I could probably get permission for their Nuke scripts. (Although a 200kt Kh-55 would be a bit overkill, lol)

Actually the nuke scripts are from CoC (chain of command), and at least walker is still active, so ask him for permission. (Or you require the CoC torpedoes to be installed and reference the nuke script from that addon).

@Gnat: Speaking of scripts, is it OK if I tear apart your Tu-22M3 and modify your tail gun script?

The Tu22m3 is not mine, the B-52 is.

Go ahead.

From very long time we don't have news about Your planes. Are You finish Your project?

Arma II has his own 3D Artis.(Oleg Kovalev). What with us :( ?

The projects not dead :)

I've been helping my father a lot recently and doing a lot of moving back and forth between my hometown of Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia. He was in an accident @ work (Legs were ran over by a tractor-trailer) that's left him unable to walk for quite some time now, and he's only recently been able to get up and move around again on his own.

Although I haven't had access to the computer I was using for making it until recently, I have been working on it again lately. The interiors coming along (Although not as bug free as I had hoped), and with my recent acquisition of 3DS Max, the texturing should be easy :)

Lets face it, "skinning" in O2 is a b***h :lol:

Regardless, as a fallback in case something happens again (God forbid), I've posted all the files for it (As a ZIP, PBO of the unfinished work included) to my DropBox Folder.

Seeing as how it has no cockpit yet, I highly recommend boarding in 3rd person view if your going to test it. 1st person has a tendency to CTD.

Arnie would say 'I'm back!' :)

Best wishes to your father!

And yes, texturing in Oxygen IS b***. But we're bound to live with it... (But after few hours in Blender, I'd turned back to O2, now it's easier for me, probably because I don't want to learn everything again in B :p)

Im surprised to hear someone is still making addons for opflash, but nice work!

Then you should visit this part of the forum more often :rolleyes:

I'm surprised people are still playing ArmaII:p They'll be back one day!

I wish you father a speedy recovery MichelleG. Good to hear you're back on deck with this project.

Hi Michelle, im a OFP/ArmA CWA gamer and, do you have the Tu-95 addon finished? I need it for my missions in my clan and the Tu-160? or do you know whose can give me it? thank you for read, cya =)

Closing - thread is over 2 years old - if the author returns they know where the key is :)