Sign in to follow this  
jasono

TexView creating textures that do not work in-game

Hi all,

I've not done any texturing work for a while now, however I never had any issues in the past.

When I get my texture file, and save as a .paa, change the path in O2, I get an error saying "Cannot load texture file". I spent a whole day nearly working out what the problem was and I think, with the help of two other people, found the problem.

I gave my texture to a friend, he saved it as .paa with the default options and sent it back. That texture replaced the one I originally had (that didn't work) and worked fine straight away. The same with my other friend. So, his conversion works, but mine doesn't? I opened that working texture up in TexView, saved it without doing anything else, and its broken the file again.

The most common sense thing to do would be reinstalling Tex View 2. I've done that about 5 times now, and I'm using the one from the BI Tools back for ArmA - not ARMA2. However, I think this is where my problem might be. I did some work in ARMA2 so installed the ARMA2 tools pack. Before this I had no isssues in ArmA however now I do. I've completly wiped all the tools clean deleting everything about them, but still no joy. The textures are still corrupted when I save them in TexView. I also tried the various combination of compressions although that led me knowhere either.

I was also informed that the paa texture I sent my friend, which opens fine in my TexView, doesn't open in his. It wont let him as if its the wrong file format or is corrupt.

So, to avoid me sending each texture to a friend.. is there any idea why this is doing this for me? I'm stumped now :S

Regards,

Jason

Edited by JasonO

Ey Jason!

sounds like the same problem i had.

I ended up installing the arma2 tools , and now all works fine.

( read the thread, and last post from rstratton http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98817 )

Get the arma2 tools here : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2

Edited by jerryhopper
added: link to bis tools package.

Well, I somewhat solved this. I have a Vista partition which is what used to have when working in ArmA. The TexView installed there has no problems what so ever.

On Win7 I was working on ARMA2 and the TexView there was corrupt. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the ARMA2 tools a few times with no luck. Deleted all the folders related to it and reinstalled ARMA1 tools and still no go. It doesn't matter much now I can just use the TexView installed on my Vista partition.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Hmz, i have also win7 (64bit)

i remember that i gave admin rights to the installer. maybe that's it.