Sign in to follow this  
MattyDienhoff

Problem with DXDLL - flickering shadows, particles and reflections

Having recently installed Windows 7 (64-bit), I got OFP up and running again and there's a new problem. While I'm running around in the game world this intermittent... flickering takes place. During this flickering:

-The shadows turn completely black

-The crosshair becomes a black square and other UI elements that are supposed to be hidden when not in use (such as the command bar and that white circle that appears around you when you go into the tactical view) appear, then disappear.

-All reflections disappear from the water.

-Particles, like smoke, clouds, and the rain overlay, become very bright and pronounced, as if their opacity has been reduced to 0.

It seems to happen only when I look in certain directions, and it usually goes away after the first few minutes of a mission, but then it usually comes back again some time later.

I did have this problem on Windows XP, mind, but it would only happen after I had alt-tabbed out of the game, then gone back in, and it would only do it sometimes. Switching out of, then back into the game a second time usually fixed it. This time I'm not so lucky. The problem is persistent and very annoying.

UPDATE: I've established that this problem only happens when DXDLL is present, so I've been tinkering with its various settings and I managed to narrow it down to the reflections. With reflections off, this problem no longer occurs. No matter how the reflections are configured, the problem occurs, so I'll just have to do without reflections. :(

Edited by MattyDienhoff

Well personally I think that the standard light in OFP is pretty good I only use dxdll to remove the gray night and it allowed me to use anti alias. Only thing I miss is the NVG effect.

I have also had problems with black ground textures at night using dxdll.

STGN