Sign in to follow this  
D00mbuggy

Red Dead Redemption

My housemate brought Red Dead on Monday so I've been playing it a bit. I've got a little way in, still on the first 'island' but done quite a few missions. At the moment I'm unsure if it is a GTA beater or not. Although it's a lot of fun, its just so easy, especially when the deadeye gets better and its merely a matter of looking at the targets to get good shots. Red Dead seems to have more to explore, and a better variety of things to do when roaming about, but GTA, so far at least, has better missions. But it's still a good game and there's lots of fun to be had, I just wish the missions were harder, and as Placebo noted earlier, they hadn't upgraded the deadeye - the original was a better compromise.

My housemate brought Red Dead on Monday so I've been playing it a bit. I've got a little way in, still on the first 'island' but done quite a few missions. At the moment I'm unsure if it is a GTA beater or not. Although it's a lot of fun, its just so easy, especially when the deadeye gets better and its merely a matter of looking at the targets to get good shots. Red Dead seems to have more to explore, and a better variety of things to do when roaming about, but GTA, so far at least, has better missions. But it's still a good game and there's lots of fun to be had, I just wish the missions were harder, and as Placebo noted earlier, they hadn't upgraded the deadeye - the original was a better compromise.

I think the deadeye you get in Mexico is the best of both worlds, but that's just me. You get the awesome "holy shit I'm in a Western AWESOME" feeling along with the "need to place ma shots" feeling. That's just me though.

Yup DE level 3 is great.

I'm going to actual buy a console for this (as no pc release, again). So which one to buy, to have it look nice and run great. Just in 1920x1080 nothing special, but would still like it to look like 1920x1080..

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Go with PS4, this way you also get the PS exclusives. For better or worse most Xbox One titles also end up on pc.

Although considering the popularity of GTA V on pc I would wait an year to see if they'll port it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisb said:

I'm going to actual buy a console for this (as no pc release, again). So which one to buy, to have it look nice and run great.

Worth a look if your undecided...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krycek said:

Go with PS4, this way you also get the PS exclusives. For better or worse most Xbox One titles also end up on pc.

Although considering the popularity of GTA V on pc I would wait an year to see if they'll port it.

Was the port of gta-v done by Rockstar ? or was it a mod port type thing ?

Do you think they may port this to pc then ?

@EO

Yeah, looks good.

Thanks both.

PC port will be as some rockstar dev spoiled that by accident but it will most likely come much later like gta V did

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisb said:

Was the port of gta-v done by Rockstar ? or was it a mod port type thing ?

Do you think they may port this to pc then ?

Rockstar did all the pc ports. So a pc port of RDR2 will also be made by them.

• Like 1

Ideally playing it on pc would be my first thought, especially if the port is done by the devs.

I'll have to think, probably look around at other titles for console. On the whole I play sandbox type games, so not sure if the console carries many of those. I'll have a look and see.

Thanks all.

i got myself a PS4 PRO specifically because of PS exclusives (guerrilla games, naughty dog etc). since RDR 1 was never ported to PC, not really sure if RDR2 will ever be either even considering GTA5 success (which is the only game i own on both PC and PS4)

Reason why RDR 1 wasnt ported that they lost the source code , i dunno its that true or not but thats what Rockstar said at the time

but i am sure RDR 2 will be on PC just much later

also bought my 1st console XBOX One for RDR last christmas. That and sports game on 50" 4k TV pretty nice but still hate shooting mechanics with controller. Bohemia had considered a Western RPG after OFP but thought it wouldnt sell- lets see RDR sold only a little over 13 million copies  *smarmyWhistlingGif*

On 23/08/2018 at 12:08 PM, PuFu said:

i got myself a PS4 PRO specifically because of PS exclusives (guerrilla games, naughty dog etc).... 

Such a sensible sausage. ^^

Found out yesterday it is possible to play RDR1 on PC via PS Now, which is like a streaming service with a monthly subscription, you get a seven day free trial though.

Among other games there are Bloodborne, Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, Until Dawn and so on but sadly no Metal Gear Solid titles :(

Oh and an xbox controller works fine with it.

Would be great if mincrosoft would do the same, kinda want to play Tenchu Z but dont want to buy a console for just one game.