Sign in to follow this  
D00mbuggy

Red Dead Redemption

I've been thinking about getting a PS3 along with this game. Is it worth it for those who have played?

I've been looking for a reason to get a PS3 too, but I was told the 360 version looks better. The guys at Gamestop down the street talk me out of a PS3 every time I ask them about it.

But yeah, it looks great on the 360, and I still love it (way past my 2 hour short attention span limit).

XR2X6Wng2Tg

I dont see that much of a diference, its there but its minimal, still enough for the console fanboys to fight for years to come :D .

I'd sure like to play this game but after gta iv's port im skeptical to believe that a pc version (if there ever is one) would turn out any good.

I read somewhere that they were going to release a free DLC with a bunch of coop missions.

If only Mafia 2 had online like that...

Having seen the side by side comparison screenshots I'd say for me the differences are quite significant, especially the lack of sharpness in distance objects on PS3, less vegetation on PS3 as well the reported performance issues on PS3 such as low FPS/stutter and such. If I had both consoles I would certainly choose the 360 version.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21355476&postcount=704

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Just saw this posted elsewhere, very funny!

F4D8GIdjV2k

Wish this were coming to PC :(

How's the gunplay? I hate GTA4's gunplay as there is little in terms of learning curve. I heard that the gun's stats aren't too accurate in this one as well.

A few bugs...

7q7v4F8r9Og&feature=popt00us03

kYdCvN-ukRY

I too hope this come to PC.

Edited by Von_Paulus

LOL

These are the small things in life that make sense..

Man played whole day, and the singleplayer still got me hooked.

Going to get into the MP part later on.

Anyone else noticed the little puddles after the rain? This is something I've wanted to see in openworld games (especially arma2) for years! Great to see the first steps are made, and they look brilliant.

Now I'm going to saddle up my horse again!

Hopefully Rockstar has as much heart for this game as BIS has for theirs, because this is a great basis for a game that only can get better and better when they add more features in it. I allready had a moment or two where it all felt a bit lifeless somehow.

X360 or PS3? I'll be joining the fun tonight (PS3) :)

While the SP is fun, MP has been a blast too. The free roam thing is cool. You can mess around by yourself doing missions (while avoiding other players) or you can hunt down players who are trying to do missions and mess with them.

My special moment so far has been in MP in free roam. I found a couple players in a posse doing a mission to kill a gang somewhere. I followed them into a house an opened fire on them (the players). Luckily they sucked as bad as me (I can't aim worth a shit with a controller yet) and we ran around in circles trying to kill each other for about 10 minutes before I finally pistol whipped them all to death. I made them panic, they regrouped after I finally killed them, and then they proceeded to hunt me down for the next hour killing me numerous times. :D

Moshland (XBOX 360) is my gamertag if anyone wants to add me.

EDIT - I'm curious how some of you all play the SP campaign. In GTA I always was ruthless and as destructive as possible. Yet I find myself playing the opposite in RDR. I am 40% finished and a few missions into Mexico and just got my first bounty put on me ($40) because I accidentally ran over a dog. While I have had the urge to go crazy and wipe out whole towns many times, I have suppressed it quite well so far. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mosh
stuff

A few bugs...

I too hope this come to PC.

Easter eggs, not bugs.

X360 or PS3? I'll be joining the fun tonight (PS3) :)

Awhh man, no I have x360. (Nick ParaGraphicaL)

@MOSH: I actually alway play a good guy (fable2: holy legend), but I do feel that almost every mission is aimed towards being good in RDR. Only seen a few where you have to choose and those where side missions.

Did have two small bounties on my head, one for stealing a horse (distraction) and one for shooting and killing an officer who I thaught was a bad guy, which almost happened a couple times more.

I've played the first hours in MP but I do feel you need buddies to get into it online, else it's lot's of dead space. Where are the missions to be found in free roam?

Where are the missions to be found in free roam?

Open up the map or your journal for missions, challenges, and other things. There's a lot of stuff.

Really enjoying Red Dead, been playing it almost non-stop since I got it! There is something super cool bout cowboys and revolvers!

Might just be me but is it wrong that I like lassoing someone then dragging them along while i ride my horse lol?

Who want's to make a bet? When Red Dead finally ships on PC, we will NOT get a proper sandbox editor...

How cool would that be though if they prove me wrong? :D

I've been playing this for a while now on the PS3 and I honestly cannot see what the fuss is about. I'm already bored of it because of all the bullshit herding cattle, breaking horses and race missions that you are constantly having to do. In a game set in the Wild West, I want to shoot stuff. Sure, that happens a fair amount, but so does the boring in-between stuff while dealing with the, at times, incredibly awkward controls. It's brought all the things that were boring and I didn't like about the GTA games back, while not improving much upon what I did like about them. Plus it has the very long travel times between missions that are made even longer than they were in GTA games because you're riding a horse, not driving a sports car...

Not the "game of the year" game I was expecting, for me at least.

Edited by Zipper5

Anyone found an online version of that movie?

I watched that last night. I didn't think it was anything that special. I only watched it in hopes that a high enough viewer count might make things like that more common.

Does this game run better on the X360 than GTAIV? That one had a horrible framerate.

Yes RDR is pretty smooth, no tearing and only a very occasional FPS dip in areas with lots of trees/vegetation.

Good read, thanks.

I bought into the hype thinking this was indeed a decent game and was bored after a days worth of playing it. As Zipper posted a page back the game is very tedious with repetative gameplay that involves the same rubbish again and again! I wanna walk into a dusty old town, with the old tumble weed, a strong hazy sunset, and shoot up the town! Walking into saloons with the music suddenly stopping and having a hardcore bar fight with the local bad guys, using tables, chairs and bottles as weapons! Not sit down and play freaking poker!!! I can do that on gamespy! Talent is dwindling in the games industry, money and greed is the reason!