Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg11

Broadcast the horn in MP!

You don't need this addon anymore. Patch 1.07 fixed the horn.

You know that the horn was never broadcasted over the network since the release of ArmA 2.

Now the time is over and I present you my addon! :yay:

Now the horn is working in MP :>

How does it work?

The script or addon adds a 'MouseButtonDown' Display Eventhandler to the player.

The handler script changes a global variable 'CYBP_horn' to an array like [vehiclename, soundname] if you pressed the left mouse button and are in a vehicle as a driver.

After the variable has been changed a PublicVariableEventhandler will be executed on all clients. This PVEH only executes the 'say' command with the sound name which was broadcasted over the network.

This means that all clients need the addon. If someone doesn't have the addon you can't hear his horn and he can't hear the horn of other players.

So I decided to include the script version too.

The addon will exit if the script version is running.

Readme: http://cyborg11.cy.funpic.de/ArmA2/Downloads/Readme%20-%20CYBP_horn.pdf

Signed: Yes - with CYBP.bikey

Download:

The addon will be part of the next ACE update (ACE port by Xeno).

Edited by Cyborg11

It's all these little things that lead the game closer to perfection - love it! Thanks a lot, Cyborg112, a.k.a Cyborg11!

Finally! This is awesome! Funny how BIS failed to fix one like this...

Thank you! Awesome this will be inside of ACE. ACE is a good standard MOD many people use. The standalone MP Horn mod wouldnt be allowed at all servers, it would take long all server administrators to notice it and longer to allow it on their servers. Thanks!

Are this good or bad news?

I can hear the horn in MP with Beta Build 70644 (installed on server and every client) without this addon.

Are this good or bad news?

I can hear the horn in MP with Beta Build 70644 (installed on server and every client) without this addon.

You can hear it, but can anyone else? This problem existed in OFP, was fixed in ArmA and then returned in ARMA2.

Seems like that.

Buliwyf confirmed it.

So my addon is useless now lol.

But now I know how does the PublicVariableEventhandler work. :yay:

haha i was thinking about this the other day...I was beeping on the horn on an ace warfare map and just ended up running the wanker over cause he wouldnt move, good thing ace is updatein this!

and yeah BIS failed on this in Arma 1 as well and they finally patched it in with the last update...but yeah thanks for the release <3

Good work making the addon nonetheless. Community spirit for you :)

It was only a couple of weeks ago this was reported and then you come through with an addon :D

and yeah BIS failed on this in Arma 1 as well and they finally patched it in with the last update...but yeah thanks for the release <3

Unless my memory is playing tricks with me again, I'm pretty sure we had working horns in Arma1. Maybe not all the time, but at least prior to the last patch.

Unless my memory is playing tricks with me again, I'm pretty sure we had working horns in Arma1. Maybe not all the time, but at least prior to the last patch.

It was indeed working in ArmA 1 and sadly it wasn't mentioned in the changelog of beta patch 70644 from yesterday.

I've removed it allready from the ACE repository, so it won't be in the next ACE update (not needed anymore :))

Xeno

meh I definitly dont remember it working at the begining of ARMA 1 maybe they patched it in :D b4 the last one, who knows I havent played it in a long time

Congrats man, I have been anticipating the release of something like this. I agree, It is the detail addons that really make the game more enjoyable!

-Alec

The horns are working in MP with the current beta patches.

The horns are working in MP with the current beta patches.

I tried installing the patched on my dedicated and they work for about the first five minutes, and then they seem to stop working in mid-game. Not very reliable. So I am giving this addon a try.

All irrelevant threads removed. This thread is about the "broadcast the horn in MP" addon and not about stolen police cars.

All irrelevant threads removed. This thread is about the "broadcast the horn in MP" addon and not about stolen police cars.

I can only imagine... Anyway congrats on the mod man.

Patch 1.07 fixed this issue with horns. Finally we can "order" guys to get the f*** out of the way :)